Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance awards now bookable on the web

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold

SAS mailed this morning to say *A awards can be booked on the web. Will report back after trying it out.

EDITED:

Was able to find nice availability in Y and C to AU on random dates about 6 months out with SQ and LH. No F, not even a TAB for it, so perhaps they are not even trying.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:01 am

It is live for a couple of weeks, but as you said no F and also not all options available show up.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
It is live for a couple of weeks, but as you said no F and also not all options available show up.
Are you sure? They have been searchable online for ~2 months or so, but you had to call to confirm the reservation. Now you can do it all online.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by Nander
Are you sure? They have been searchable online for ~2 months or so, but you had to call to confirm the reservation. Now you can do it all online.
Does it show taxes at the time of booking?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Hafnia

Does it show taxes at the time of booking?
Yup, it at least did when I checked it out last night.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Nander
Yes, worked for some time. Ever since the new system came up, and the devaluation was announced. Before that, for like 2 months, they just offered the search engine, the option to create a reservation and you had to call for getting ticketed.

But doesn't matter too much. Still very disappointing that F is not bookable, and that you cannot find all connections, e.g. with longer/shorter layovers or specific routing. I guess sooner or later, they will restrcit the reservation team to only allow bookings which show up in this system.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Quite a few...
Is there any particular way to follow to book (or even search) these awards. From 'My EuroBonus' panel I click on 'Award Trip' under 'Spend Points' - basically am taken back to the main page, I check on 'Pay with Points' (instead of EUR) and any route combination checked (FRA-SIN, SIN-NRT, FRA-CPT, MUC-BOG: so LH, SQ, NH and AV) it brings up the the red pop-up saying Unfortunately, it's not possible to pay for trips to these destinations using points - is there any other link to follow?

PS Not to mention many airports served by *A don't even resolve the airport code...

Last edited by Flying Victor; Dec 13, 2018 at 6:46 am Reason: ...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:16 am

https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/...e-award-trips/
Flying Victor likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:57 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I am quite happy to see that the *A award search tool works very well! So far I've been able to find space on every date on ZRH-JFK on most if not all flight combinations (LX, LH, OS etc.). There's even space around the coming christmas holidays!

Eastbound I usually see many options including Turkish, Thai, Singapore Airlines, Swiss and Lufthansa.

The only annoying things is the lack of First Class (I know LX doesn't give F awards, but LH usually does two weeks in advance), because the trips I usually want to book with points would be in F :P
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:20 am

It is not only SK/EuroBonus, eg. Asiana Club credits 200% for F, 150% for A (discounted F) on Asiana flights.

For Lufthansa, Swiss, SQ or Thai F (doesn't matter F or A) only 150%.

You need to look through all the programs and compare. I guess the number of people which regular fly paid F and would mind about earning 150%, 200% or 300% of miles is rather limited. Most of them won't care at all. Just remembered my last flight on LH F BOS-FRA where the purser chatted with a lady which flies that route every other week in F and doesn't even have a FFP. No need, she said when the purser asked her why she doesn't sign up.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:21 pm

Deleted. Posted in wrong forum. Sorry.

Last edited by tuxedo66; Dec 14, 2018 at 3:33 pm Reason: deleted
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by fassy
It is not only SK/EuroBonus, eg. Asiana Club credits 200% for F, 150% for A (discounted F) on Asiana flights.

For Lufthansa, Swiss, SQ or Thai F (doesn't matter F or A) only 150%.

You need to look through all the programs and compare. I guess the number of people which regular fly paid F and would mind about earning 150%, 200% or 300% of miles is rather limited. Most of them won't care at all. Just remembered my last flight on LH F BOS-FRA where the purser chatted with a lady which flies that route every other week in F and doesn't even have a FFP. No need, she said when the purser asked her why she doesn't sign up.
...? This was meant to go into the other topic? Was there some problem in the database or the board system?I'm pretty sure I replied in the other topic?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:03 am

Buggy. At first one way search it seems to show point prices as 50% of a r/t. Switch dates (by clicking on a date tab above the results) and point price jumps (60% of r/t I guess?).

As an aside, are there any "sweet spots" in this program, i.e. where redemptions are better than, say, MileagePlus or Lifemiles? Any routes I've searched so far seem to be priced higher.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
50 EUR Service Fee

Screenshot from Award Booking page

Does anybody know why it shows a 50 EUR service fee when I try to book an award?

I have never booked an award with SAS before, but the new search works really well for me so I want to give it a try.
I couldn't find any information on their website and in this forum.

Last edited by larsbutzmann; Jan 4, 2019 at 11:40 am Reason: changed currrency

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.