Wiki Posts
Search

earning on AC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
earning on AC

I am (again!) confused by the AC earning table: https://www.flysas.com/ie-en/eurobon...ag/air-canada/

Do I correctly read that it is based on fixed (and low!) earnings per flight type, on on the distance flown? So for example a W class ticket in economy TATL will just give 150 points? Does anybody has recent experience?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK2751
I am (again!) confused by the AC earning table: https://www.flysas.com/ie-en/eurobon...ag/air-canada/

Do I correctly read that it is based on fixed (and low!) earnings per flight type, on on the distance flown? So for example a W class ticket in economy TATL will just give 150 points? Does anybody has recent experience?
Do not omit the characters in front of the point numbers, "fr". So you just refer to the minimum earnings. And there are clearly multipliers for the distance flown on the page you refer to.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Do not omit the characters in front of the point numbers, "fr". So you just refer to the minimum earnings. And there are clearly multipliers for the distance flown on the page you refer to.
But unlike on the LH page, it does not say "POINT EARNINGS BASED ON MILES FLOWN" (https://www.flysas.com/th-en/eurobon...lag/lufthansa/)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:15 am

But unlike on the LH page, it does not say "POINT EARNINGS BASED ON MILES FLOWN" (https://www.flysas.com/th-en/eurobon...lag/lufthansa/)
LH is more of an exception since there is a fixed earning for intra-European flights, but mileage-based earning otherwise. LX and OS in contrast are only mileage-based with minimum earnings just like AC.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: Eurobonus
New here, but thanks to this thread I was able to redeem my Chicago to Berlin flight from October!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Pnk3021
New here, but thanks to this thread I was able to redeem my Chicago to Berlin flight from October!
Welcome to FT.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD), AY Silver
So for who it may concern. Just flew CPH-YYZ-LAX In Economy L class. Earned 2000 points on the first leg and 1100 on second. So in total 3100 to LAX. Considering flying to LAX with SAS takes you over ARN, you don't get complimentary beverages, it's more expensive and you only earn something like 300 points in the cheapest class, I dont see any reason to fly SAS in economy long haul. The point earning on SAS GO fares are a joke, even the GO SMART fares. Hopefully SAS will realise this soon.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ch.boed
The point earning on SAS GO fares are a joke, even the GO SMART fares. Hopefully SAS will realise this soon.
Just credit to a mediterran FFP.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:57 am
Original Poster

I have a bk class Flex Economy domestic ticket with AC. The ticket receipts states class A. This is a good ticket in the AC tiers, but according to EB earning tables it will earn me ZERO, NULL, PITA on EB. Any experience stating otherwise?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have a bk class Flex Economy domestic ticket with AC. The ticket receipts states class A. This is a good ticket in the AC tiers, but according to EB earning tables it will earn me ZERO, NULL, PITA on EB. Any experience stating otherwise?
As a domestic booking, A seems to have pretty low earnings on most programs Several beyond SK has zero.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/air-canada/a
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Oh crap. I was probably fooled that the reservation says 100% of Aeroplan miles. Well, not that important. I will re-qualify anyways.

EDIT: Also the page you are linking to lists it only as economy standard and basic for domestic flights with lower earnings on Aeroplan than my reservation says. It seems to be some kind of mess in AC. Perhaps a recent class earning change or a new use for A?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Oh crap. I was probably fooled that the reservation says 100% of Aeroplan miles. Well, not that important. I will re-qualify anyways.

EDIT: Also the page you are linking to lists it only as economy standard and basic for domestic flights with lower earnings on Aeroplan than my reservation says. It seems to be some kind of mess in AC. Perhaps a recent class earning change or a new use for A?
As airlines try to do more and more differentiation with various sub fare classes on the same overall booking class, partner earnings seems to get more and more messed up across the alliance.
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.