Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance awards now bookable on the web

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance awards now bookable on the web

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:20 am

I hope they will/can waive the fee when booking awards the online tool can't handle
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by criced
They have had closed on weekends for more then a year already. The service is still excellent and the value is superb! Im happy
yes, the EuroBonus team was closed on weekends but then AMEX team was around 7 days a week 9am to 7pm.

actually have a ticket issued on Sunday from October for a US trip in LH F.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by fassy
Just got my first AMEX 2-4-1 this year and they now ask you to book the trip online or pay a 375 SEK/person fee for doing so through the call center which at the same time reduced the hours to Moday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

That is really insulting! The online tool offers just a very strict set of routing and not even allows to book all classes (no F or PE). Booking F won LH will get more difficult as well as I can’t call in on Saturday or Sunday.

I’ll send a comment to AMEX but I guess they’ll just shrug it off.
Aren't you EBD? That should also help.

SERVICE FEE FOR PERSONAL ASSISTANCE OF BOOKING STAR ALLIANCE AWARD TRIPS

2019-03-15

To align all our booking concepts, a service fee* of 375 SEK/NOK/DKK or 40 EUR/USD per person and booking for personal assistance of bookings of Star Alliance award tickets will be implemented from 1st of April 2019.The service fee will only apply when a EuroBonus member has the possibility to book the Star Alliance award tickets online free of charge through our online booking tool but chooses to book via customer service, e.g. phone, chat or e-mail. Exemptions* apply for EuroBonus Diamond members, Unaccompanied minor (UMNR), and infants. It’s always recommended to book flights online, if possible.
* subject to change
https://www.sas.fi/en/eurobonus/offers-and-news/
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:10 am

Yes, I am EBD. They did not put that section in the letter while being very specific about having to pay the booking fee.

that paragraph was not in the letter from last year. In the letter from last summer it just said “use the online form if you like”
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: More than one
Yes, I am EBD. They did not put that section in the letter while being very specific about having to pay the booking fee.

that paragraph was not in the letter from last year. In the letter from last summer it just said “use the online form if you like”
I don't know the AMEX rules, but for the DK MasterCard rules there are no booking fee when you are EBD.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:40 am

Just booked LH F for CPH-SFO-CPH for this week over the phone.

Had to pay the service fee, actually even 450 SEK/person. As EBD on a not otherwise bookable flight.

Will hunt SK on that practice when I’m back.

on the upside, only 834 SEK in “Taxes, Fees and other charges”. That is a steal... 87.500 points ( used one of the vouchers expiring this year) plus 1.284 SEK for LH to the West coast
w0r1dtrave1er likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Just booked LH F for CPH-SFO-CPH for this week over the phone.

Had to pay the service fee, actually even 450 SEK/person. As EBD on a not otherwise bookable flight.

Will hunt SK on that practice when I’m back.

on the upside, only 834 SEK in “Taxes, Fees and other charges”. That is a steal... 87.500 points ( used one of the vouchers expiring this year) plus 1.284 SEK for LH to the West coast
The 450SEK service fee you have to pay always, also on the web. Therefore they removed the fixed YQ (and raised the point prices).

But the 375SEK is the phone booking fee that comes on top.
w0r1dtrave1er likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:37 am

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Just looked up the LH F over the last few years:

Spring 2019: 834 SEK Taxes, Fees and other charges, 450 SEK Booking Fee = 1.284 SEK + 175.000 points (US West Cost)
Summer 2018: 1.306 SEK Taxes, Fees and other charges, 2402 SEK Domestic/International Charges = 3.708 SEK + 150.000 points (US East Cost)
Summer 2017: 1.057 SEK Taxes (paid), 2.168 SEK Fuel Surchage (paid) = 3.225 SEK + 150.000 points (US Midwest)
Summer 2016: 1.090 SEK Taxes (paid), 2.075 SEK Fuel Surchage (paid) = 3.165 SEK + 150.000 points (US East Cost)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.