Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance awards now bookable on the web

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance awards now bookable on the web

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK2751
It may make sense. We don't know which interface has been used to hack the account. Also S* awards allow to spend the points in the part of the world where SK has no presence - it may be hard to cancel these reservations and prosecute the travelers.
That's actually rather easy, as it is a 117 ticket. If SK knows that it was issued fraudulently, they hold the ticket. They can just cancel it.

The trick can be to react in time if the hackers make last minute bookings
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
The argument that if the actual hacking happened through the *A awards interface, then it was valid to close it. (I didn't know how the awards are actually issued, and that they are on SK stock. I have no prior experience here).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK2751
The argument that if the actual hacking happened through the *A awards interface, then it was valid to close it. (I didn't know how the awards are actually issued, and that they are on SK stock. I have no prior experience here).
The weakness would have to be in the tool itself not in the general log in, otherwise they would need to block SK award bookings as well.

I think it is a bogus reason that has been given by SK, I think it is technically driven but not a hack, just a general failure of the solution somehow. But that is just me guessing
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Really hacking?

It sounds like a pretty stupid thing to do since the value from the hacking comes in the form of travelling where the identity of the traveller would be known and typically confirmed with a form of ID.

For paying the taxes and fees a credit card would also be required. If you have a stolen credit card, it would appear as easy to just buy the ticket.

The authorities investigating this would seemingly have a pretty good starting point.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Regardless of whether the system was hacked or not, the award booking tool being down is just another typical problem with SAS. They seem to make everything so damn difficult. I spent the better part of Friday calling back and forth with SAS trying to book next years X-mas trip, which was a waste of time for both myself and call staff. At that same time that I had to wait for the staff to check for availability, I was using Aegean's website to search for availability and book tickets for the other half of the family. My kids were laughing at me when they came home from school and I was still trying to get SAS to ticket flights, but mostly as I was on hold waiting for the SAS agent. Their generation cannot fathom using the phone to book tickets, much less sitting on hold.

SAS has been completely out-of-date with most of the IT improvements and is struggling to keep up with regional airlines like Aegean, who have had point sharing accounts for some time and also implemented a *A award booking tool that works.

Off topic, but my kids pointed out that they:
(1) usually earn more miles on A3 than we do on SK (especially after the devaluation)
(2) Used less miles for award tickets on *A (110k vs 165k for C class to South America)
(3) Paid less for YQ (1350SEK vs 92€ for the exact same flights)
(4) Requalify for *G much easier
(5) Received better upgrades on SK metal using A3 (debatable, but they have a point)

They told their "old man" to switch over to A3, and quite frankly they might just be correct in their assessment. Even worse, I start to feel old and out-dated.....thanks SAS!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: SK-EBD
The 'upgrade' has been in the works for 1 month now. Wow!!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:12 am

Dont expect less then 6 months...its SK IT��
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:58 am

It's back now.
https://www.sas.no/eurobonus/star-alliance-award-trips/
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by afirm
ORD-DCA March 26: 15K, on United 10K.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
It seems they’ve disabled online bookings for SQ, AI and AV. I wonder if it’s because of phantom space, as I’ve encountered that quite often with SQ segments.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
After the changes for StarAllianceAwards - is there any sweet spot left? Coz if I compare this with M&M (as example) there is no route with less miles availible.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SilverChris
It seems they’ve disabled online bookings for SQ, AI and AV. I wonder if it’s because of phantom space, as I’ve encountered that quite often with SQ segments.
SQ is having issues with showing availability to *A partners since some time, AI no longer provides Amadeus any of its info as it has severed all ties with them.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I still see AI award space showing up on sites like LifeMiles.com, but my attempt to book it yesterday flopped again.
Originally Posted by vanillabean
ORD-DCA March 26: 15K, on United 10K.
8k using Avianca/LifeMiles miles for that route is standard for me. And with AV miles for UA flights, I avoid UA’s “close-in”/“rapid redemption” fees, but instead pay a $25 booking fee to LifeMiles/Avianca regardless of when I book the trip.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:51 am

Just got my first AMEX 2-4-1 this year and they now ask you to book the trip online or pay a 375 SEK/person fee for doing so through the call center which at the same time reduced the hours to Moday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

That is really insulting! The online tool offers just a very strict set of routing and not even allows to book all classes (no F or PE). Booking F won LH will get more difficult as well as I can’t call in on Saturday or Sunday.

I’ll send a comment to AMEX but I guess they’ll just shrug it off.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Just got my first AMEX 2-4-1 this year and they now ask you to book the trip online or pay a 375 SEK/person fee for doing so through the call center which at the same time reduced the hours to Moday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

That is really insulting! The online tool offers just a very strict set of routing and not even allows to book all classes (no F or PE). Booking F won LH will get more difficult as well as I can’t call in on Saturday or Sunday.

I’ll send a comment to AMEX but I guess they’ll just shrug it off.
They have had closed on weekends for more then a year already. The service is still excellent and the value is superb! Im happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.