Wiki Posts
Search

*A family guests in lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Tennen
If the toddler was under 2 in either of the above instances, the couple(s) should have been able to bring both the non-*G spouse and the kid in the lounge.

It would be nice if there was a way to pay for extra guests without breaking the bank. IIRC, AC's MLLs allow *Gs (or anyone with lounge access) who exceed their guest limits to pay for additional guests (I think ~20-30 CAD/USD/EUR). It's not a good value, but at least the option's available. Since there's an AC MLL at FRA, perhaps @SASegments can use that lounge instead? Best case, they might allow you to bring the 2-year-old in for free, and maybe even cut you a break for the older kids by charging for 1.
That's why I mentioned lounge buddy - it seems that they sell access to some LH lounges.

https://www.loungebuddy.com/LH-Lufthansa-Lounge-Access

Found this site when a friend was trying to decide it's worth it to take EK flights with a long layover at DXB (EK was the cheapest and I was looking for lounge possibilities for overnight in DXB).
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
That's why I mentioned lounge buddy - it seems that they sell access to some LH lounges.

https://www.loungebuddy.com/LH-Lufthansa-Lounge-Access

Found this site when a friend was trying to decide it's worth it to take EK flights with a long layover at DXB (EK was the cheapest and I was looking for lounge possibilities for overnight in DXB).
I played a bit around with the lounge buddy app, it seemed unwilling to sell me Lufthansa business lounge access as a Star Alliance Gold member flying Lufthansa. So it seems you might lot be able to top up your number of passengers Though I don't know if they will check the airline you registered with Lounge Buddy is also the airline in your boarding pass. There seems however, no limits on the amount of time the Lufthansa lounge guardians will spend on verifying your access.

Trying as a BA passenger departing Frankfurt (never mind the locations are not really practical from a a distance perspective), I could buy access for 60 euros. I am pretty sure I would not want to pay 60 euros for a Lufthansa business class lounge.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I played a bit around with the lounge buddy app, it seemed unwilling to sell me Lufthansa business lounge access as a Star Alliance Gold member flying Lufthansa. So it seems you might lot be able to top up your number of passengers Though I don't know if they will check the airline you registered with Lounge Buddy is also the airline in your boarding pass. There seems however, no limits on the amount of time the Lufthansa lounge guardians will spend on verifying your access.

Trying as a BA passenger departing Frankfurt (never mind the locations are not really practical from a a distance perspective), I could buy access for 60 euros. I am pretty sure I would not want to pay 60 euros for a Lufthansa business class lounge.
60 EUR is insane - unless you drink alcohol like hell.

I'm curious whether OP will be able guest 4 guests into *A lounge.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
60 EUR is insane - unless you drink alcohol like hell.

I'm curious whether OP will be able guest 4 guests into *A lounge.
Insane is a pretty good description of the price. Would be pricey even for the Senator lounges.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
There are much better ways to spend 60 EUR in the airport terminal than an LH lounge, in most airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.