Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Atlantic Airways, Seat selection with GO, upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM

I haven't flown SAS intra-Europe for a while. I am flying CPH-MAN-ARN.

I noticed that I could select a seat on the MAN-ARN return in my booking when I am in GO on a cheap ticket. That was never possible before. I am *G.

On CPH-MAN it is operated by Atlantic. Is this why there is no seat map? The minimum upgrade to Plus is SEK 600. Is it worth it? Is Atlantic a factor? I really hate the regular security at CPH. Last time I was called ĺndsvag (retarded) because I did not want to do the radiation therapy!

I also noticed that it says that I have lounge access for CPH-MAN. I am *G but don't think they would take that into account. For LAX-CPH it did not show lounge access in the booking, so I don't think it takes into account *G status. The GO ticket is fairly expensive but booking into Q.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
  • *G still enjoy complimentary seat selection in Go.
  • 600SEK is a steep price if you have a *G
  • SK promotes their very own lounges so you will see when they are available in the booking. LAX has no SK lounge, only *A lounges.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:15 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by gnaget
I also noticed that it says that I have lounge access for CPH-MAN. I am *G but don't think they would take that into account. For LAX-CPH it did not show lounge access in the booking, so I don't think it takes into account *G status. The GO ticket is fairly expensive but booking into Q.
You, as a *G, have access on all *A lounges (and *A airline lounges and contracted lounges) when you travel with a *A airline.

Originally Posted by Jainzar
  • *G still enjoy complimentary seat selection in Go.
even in Go Light
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:20 am
Original Poster

My point concerning the lounge access was that I thought that they did not consider my *G status in the reservation. I am of course aware that I have access.

So any thoughts why I can't select a seat when operated by Atlantic?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
So any thoughts why I can't select a seat when operated by Atlantic?
I recently flew MAN-CPH with Atlantic and early seat selection worked fine. Go Light ticket with EBG. If it’s an agent booking sometimes you need to select seat via the agent.

There is no lounge at MAN when flying SK but I guess you know that.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SASegments

I recently flew MAN-CPH with Atlantic and early seat selection worked fine. Go Light ticket with EBG. If it’s an agent booking sometimes you need to select seat via the agent.

There is no lounge at MAN when flying SK but I guess you know that.
Thanks. I won't have any lounge time anyway. Last time I was in MAN, BMI was still in *A. What about priority security of any kind? Also, do you happen to know if the car rental return situation is a mess? It is remote now while it was in terminal when I was there last.

No, this was booked on SAS' website. I booked the return to ARN around the same time (different PNR) operated by normal SAS metal where seat selection is possible (and surprised me).

I swear that I was never able to select seats as *G in the past...... I have flown mostly Plus in recent years. Thinking back, I did a day trip ARN-CPH in GO in the summer of 2017 and I could not select seats until the check-in window. My *G always shows up on the BP, actually it shows during the online checkin.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
What about priority security of any kind? .
At least as EBG you get fast track security which sometimes saves you an hour at MAN. I would assume *G is the same but don’t know.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SASegments
At least as EBG you get fast track security which sometimes saves you an hour at MAN. I would assume *G is the same but don’t know.
To answer my own question, MAN is a *A Gold Track airport. However, looking at BA threads it is still a bit of a nightmare. They also seem to sell Fast Track security for around GBP 8!

I wonder if around 17:30 is a quiet or busy time? Both the CPH and ARN flights depart around 18:30.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Update: the seatmap eventually appeared and was able to get an exit aisle in advance. The plane was pretty much full. A lot of football fans glued to their mobile phones watching recorded games. According to what I can tell, I had the pleasure of flying on Atlantic's flagship aircraft, their only A320.

MAN is a miserable airport... awful security. I did not look like fast track had any advantage. It was very short queue and fast up until the actual security where they were quite insane behaving like it was Sep 12, 2001. Even a crappy contract lounge would have been nice to get away from the riffraff.

Impressive that the SAS crew was able to turn around the plane in less than 20 min after 30 min delayed arrival and tail wind provided 10 min early arrival, which was especially appreciated late on a Friday.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
MAN is a miserable airport... awful security. I did not look like fast track had any advantage. It was very short queue and fast up until the actual security where they were quite insane behaving like it was Sep 12, 2001. Even a crappy contract lounge would have been nice to get away from the riffraff.
Access to the *thing* they call lounge in MAN would not have made this better. Believe me.
SK2751 and AStarr like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Access to the *thing* they call lounge in MAN would not have made this better. Believe me.
Agreed. That lounge tends to be a disastrous mess. I'm guessing it hasn't changed in the year since I was last there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.