Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change policy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Schedule change policy

I've looked through the forums but haven't found an answer. I've got a flight next year that has been rescheduled to an impossible connection (NCE-CPH-NRT return) with connecting flight now leaving much earlier than first leg's arrival.

I'd rather not take the refund as it was quite a good price, but equlally there is only one NCE-CPH flight per day. Does anyone know how likely SAS are to rebook me onto another star alliance carrier? Or will they just suggest get a refund?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I don't know how far off your flight is, but if there is still plenty of time I would wait a bit and see if SK comes up with a solution. If they don't I would call them, and ask them to find a solution. Yes, I would expect them to send you on another Star Alliance carrier.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have been usually helped at no cost in such situations (and more than once I used it to actually adapt the ticket better to my changing needs). But I have not been in a situation when a connection became impossible, and I was OK to move things by a day or so. If you have not been officially informed by SAS I would wait. When a reservation change comes, I would call to change it, if you don't like it. At least this is what I do for tickets booked directly with the airline.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Even though there is no compensation under EC 261/2004, the passenger options remain. OP may take a refund, a rebooking around the time of the original flight, or at a lter date. All at OP's option. SK might honor a request to rebook on another carrier, but there is no requirement that it do so.

Before doing anything with SK, why not price the *A alternative. If it is cheaper, then cancel the SK ticket and purchase the new ticket and save.

The worst that can happen if you ask is that the answer is no and you then have a decision to make as to whether you take the refund or pay out the difference.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely SK will rebook NCE-CPH to LH, LX, SN or OS in order for you to make the SK flight to NRT.

SK will not suggest that only a refund is available.

Wait for SK to contact you.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Most likely SK will rebook NCE-CPH to LH, LX, SN or OS in order for you to make the SK flight to NRT.

SK will not suggest that only a refund is available.

Wait for SK to contact you.
I guess it depends on whether OP has all his flights in the same PNR or if NCE/CPH and CPH/NRT are in seperate bookings.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sure but the information from the OP suggests that the 2 flights are on 1 ticket.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Sorry, my initial post is a bit confusing. It is actually the CPH-NCE return flight that has been rescheduled.

NRT-CPH and CPH-NCE are both once daily flights. I imagine they will try and change me to a 2 stop itinerary changing at CPH to another *A carrier (as opposed to making me wait overnight at CPH). I will ask if they can simply put me on another *A carrier on the entire return leg, say NRT-ZRH-NCE - though won't hold my breath.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't forget that you should also reprice a possible new ticket using another *A carrier (or even non-*A carrier so long as it interlines. If the price of the ticket has dropped, buy the new one and cancel the current ticket as you have a right to a full refund.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

So I booked with airfinder.it. SAS won't touch the ticket and say I have to go through the OTA. OTA is uncontactable by phone and non-responsive on email. I guess the approx 140 euros I saved on two tickets (vs the price on the SAS website) is proving not to be worth the hassle.

Upside I suppose is if I cancel, the pound is weaker now than when I booked, so the refund will leave me a few pounds better off than when I booked. haha
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
SK is correct in that it your travel agent that should inform you and make sure to rebook you as needed.

An option if you have the leeway in your schedule is just wait it out and if nothing happens, have SK manage it on the day of departure They will get you to where you need to go.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
SK is correct in that it your travel agent that should inform you and make sure to rebook you as needed.

An option if you have the leeway in your schedule is just wait it out and if nothing happens, have SK manage it on the day of departure They will get you to where you need to go.
Thanks, I will do this.

The OTA (UVET Nordic) did get back to us and said if we aren't happy with the flights we have been given they can rebook us onto an itinerary that includes an overnight stay in CPH, which they claim SAS will reimburse hotel fees for. Only catch the OTA wants a customer service fee of 15 euros per passenger in order to issue the new tickets. I'm not paying them as I believe they have to make this kind of change for free regardless of their terms. So I will keep the issue and let SAS fix it on the day.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Oh this is weird. A charge for IRROPS handling. Never happened to me. Another reason to stay away from OTAs.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK2751
Oh this is weird. A charge for IRROPS handling. Never happened to me. Another reason to stay away from OTAs.
It would seem to me illegal to force customers to pay for IRROPS handling, regardless of what their terms say. I've told them I'm not paying, so well have to wait and see.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by eshroom
It would seem to me illegal to force customers to pay for IRROPS handling, regardless of what their terms say. I've told them I'm not paying, so well have to wait and see.
Under Regulation 261/2004, SK is required to rebook you free of charge. I believe that it is SK's problem if a travel agency prevents you from doing so.

I'm not sure what happens if you board the flight at Narita as originally scheduled and then inform SK upon arrival to Kastrup that you've missed the flight to Nice and that you haven't been offered rebooking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.