Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus status challenge for EB members

Finnair Plus status challenge for EB members

Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yeah, taking the match to aim for Gold or Platinum does make sense. But in order to maintain Platinum in the future one would need to be a mainly AY J flyer, and mostly AY flyer for Gold. The qualification levels are quite rigged in favour of people who fly AY as opposed to Oneworld in general.
I don't know how the distribution is, but many qualify by segments. And if you qualify by segments any Oneworld flight has the same segment value as long as it earns points.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I don't know how the distribution is, but many qualify by segments. And if you qualify by segments any Oneworld flight has the same segment value as long as it earns points.
What are the segment counts needed? I only looked at the point side, as segments are often unrealistic. E.g. JAL wants 120 segments for Emerald, which will mostly give you the points anyway.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What are the segment counts needed? I only looked at the point side, as segments are often unrealistic. E.g. JAL wants 120 segments for Emerald, which will mostly give you the points anyway.
It's 76 for Platinum, which is from my point of view really not much. If you commute like ARN/OUL - HEL once a week, you will be there. But pointswise even with 100% earning tickets, you will just have crossed the 50% mark. You can think about similar scenarios also in other countries.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
I am slightly confused. Does the offer of 40 000 points for Gold work with previously accumulated lifetime points, as long as the 40 000 limit is crossed within the next six months? (I currently sit at 11 120 lifetime points) Or does it require accumulating 40 000 additional points starting from the next qualification period?

Last edited by Superrman; Nov 25, 2018 at 7:19 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Superrman
I am slightly confused. Does the offer of 40 000 points for Gold work with previously accumulated lifetime points, as long as the 40 000 limit is crossed within the next six months? (I currently sit at 11 120 lifetime points) Or does it require accumulating 40 000 additional points starting from the next qualification period?
As long as you don't aim for 3.000.000 lifetime points or more, then just forget about that lifetime stuff.

Your qualification period will be reset so your next qualification period starts immediately when your request is accepted.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Jainzar
As long as you don't aim for 3.000.000 lifetime points or more, then just forget about that lifetime stuff.

Your qualification period will be reset so your next qualification period starts immediately when your request is accepted.
I see, thanks for clarifying. Guess it would have been way too generous from AYs side to just transfer over the tier points to a new qualification period like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.