Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Picture from the upgraded SAS Lounge in CPH

Old Oct 25, 18, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold

The lounge in CPH have over the last couple of month been upgraded. Now yesterday it officially opened up.

Please see pictures from the lounge her:

Entrance

Barista made coffee

Seating area

There is some more in this article.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Oct 25, 18, 11:52 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
The pictures looks good, I look forward to checking it out Wednesday next week.
Old Oct 26, 18, 12:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
I look forward to checking it out soon!

The last pic in the article: Is that a security fast track that leads directly into the lounge?
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:54 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
No. It is the same door that avoids the tax-free and drops you in the terminal next to the lounge door.
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
The last pic in the article: Is that a security fast track that leads directly into the lounge?
No, that's just the 'usual' SAS fast-track.

That said, at least from the pictures, it doesn't look that different, especially the food area (the cheap feeling is still there). In any case, I will perhaps have a few minutes to pop-in tonight on my way to Warsaw - I'm going to set the expectation bar a tad low, though, so that I can hopefully be amazed (slightly OT yet talking about recent and proper refurbishments -but also proper food- one may want to visit the new Air France salon in Paris/CDG/2EL, the Swiss lounge at ZRH or even the new Alitalia lounge in Rome/E...).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Oct 26, 18 at 2:12 am Reason: minor amendments.
Old Oct 26, 18, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
No, that's just the 'usual' SAS fast-track.

That said, at least from the pictures, it doesn't look that different, especially the food area (the cheap feeling is still there). In any case, I will perhaps have a few minutes to pop-in tonight on my way to Warsaw - I'm going to set the expectation bar a tad low, though, so that I can hopefully be amazed (slightly OT yet talking about recent and proper refurbishments -but also proper food- one may want to visit the new Air France salon in Paris/CDG/2EL, the Swiss lounge at ZRH or even the new Alitalia lounge in Rome/E...).

G
Thanks for the answer.

OT: Regarding the lounges you suggest: I will not be flying Alitalia or Air France voluntarily anytime soon and while I do like the new Swiss Senator Lounge a lot, there just might be the issue that you won't be finding a single seat to enjoy the nice food (if there is any left).
Old Oct 26, 18, 3:19 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Wow, will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:04 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks for the answer.

OT: Regarding the lounges you suggest: I will not be flying Alitalia or Air France voluntarily anytime soon and while I do like the new Swiss Senator Lounge a lot, there just might be the issue that you won't be finding a single seat to enjoy the nice food (if there is any left).
Overcrowding has been an issue for the Swiss lounges for a long while. Annoying to hear that the renovations did not add capacity.
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:58 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
I find the refurbishment effect good in the lounge. The ambience has improved after the last waves of inconsistent design. But overall this is a super lightweight refurbishment. Mostly furniture changes. The espresso is much better than from the old machines.
Old Oct 26, 18, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Overcrowding has been an issue for the Swiss lounges for a long while. Annoying to hear that the renovations did not add capacity.
The renovation did add a little of capacity as the F Lounge was reduced a little, while the Sen and Business were supposedly increased, however the lounges seem more crowded than ever before (both SEN and Business Lounge).

Now I think about it, the Business Lounge seems actually a little smaller than it was before somehow...
Old Oct 26, 18, 6:18 am

while I do like the new Swiss Senator Lounge a lot, there just might be the issue that you won't be finding a single seat to enjoy the nice food (if there is any left)
I can't think of any hub lounge, including the one in question at Copenhagen, that doesn't get overcrowded at certain times (some are worse e.g. KLM/Amsterdam, Air France/Paris/2F, LOT/Warsaw/Schengen just to name a couple that I visited over the last couple of days– and some are better, but that's the way it is generally speaking). That said, I must have been particularly lucky but, since the reopening, I've always been able to find a seat at the Senator lounge in Zürich.

Now looking forward to visiting the CPH lounge tonight fingers crossed my 'feeder' flight doesn't run significantly late.

G
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
I can't think of any hub lounge, including the one in question at Copenhagen, that doesn't get overcrowded at certain times (some are worse e.g. KLM/Amsterdam, Air France/Paris/2F, LOT/Warsaw/Schengen just to name a couple that I visited over the last couple of days– and some are better, but that's the way it is generally speaking). That said, I must have been particularly lucky but, since the reopening, I've always been able to find a seat at the Senator lounge in Zürich.
G
That is a fair point, but have you been to the Swiss SEN Lounge during such a peak time (for example between 16:00 and 18:00)? The situation is actually next level overcrowded imo. There are whole lines waiting for a seat!
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:06 am

That is a fair point, but have you been to the Swiss SEN Lounge during such a peak time (for example between 16:00 and 18:00)?
Not yet but, judging from your reliable input and surely experience on the matter, I am not looking forward to it either!

G
Nick Art likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:02 am

That is a fair point, but have you been to the Swiss SEN Lounge during such a peak time (for example between 16:00 and 18:00)? The situation is actually next level overcrowded imo. There are whole lines waiting for a seat!
Sounds like the AY non Schengen premium lounge.
vulle likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: M&M Senator, IHG Spire Elite
I am today in the SEN lounge in ZRH A and its much better then before refurbishment. Maybe it's Friday, I used to travel before on Thursday, but it's not overcrowded at all. Compared to SEN at FRA the same time, much more free space.
AlicorporateUK and Nick Art like this.

Search this Thread