Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jamesbrownontheroad
LOUNGE OVERVIEW

SAS has two lounges at Copenhagen (CPH), both of which are located in Terminal 3, opposite the passport control of the C Gates:

- SAS Gold Lounge (turn right and go upstairs: access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class)
- SAS Lounge (turn left: access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

As of the 12th of September 2023 the lounge is open at 05.00AM but this is subject to change.

Here's the latest link to info about SAS lounges: https://www.flysas.com/content/flysa...AS%20departure.

"Our lounges open approximately 60 minutes prior to the first SAS departure of the day and close approximately 30 minutes before the last SAS departure. Opening hours may vary depending on local contracts and according to seasonal timetables."
LOUNGE AMENITIES

The SAS Gold Lounge offers the same amenities as the SAS Lounge, but with a slightly better food and drink selection. There is also an espresso bar which is staffed in peak periods. The Gold Lounge has higher ceilings and a more airy atmosphere.

Breakfast items (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, etc) are available at the buffet until around 10.30AM, when the offer shifts towards lunch.

A small number of showers are available.

Quieter recliners and places to sleep are towards the back of the lounges, overlooking the landside car park.

LOUNGE ON ARRIVAL

Arrival use of the lounge is for PY, J, and SK Diamond and above (thanks CPH-Flyer for providing the information).

In addition to the SAS lounges there are the following contract lounges at CPH:

- Aspire Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Carlsberg Aviator Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Copenhagen Apartment Lounge (Terminal 2)
- Eventyr Lounge (Terminal 3)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
On Friday, the upstairs buffet had chicken patties, and they were light in taste and not oily/greasy. Maybe they called them chicken meatballs, but they definitely weren't round like balls.

Usually, on Friday I use the Eventyr lounge -- even when flying SAS/* as a *G -- because Eventyr is where the food options are way more varied and tend to be more "exotic" and to my liking than the SAS Gold lounge. [That, and I don't really like to gamble on what may go on in front of me during exit passport control at CPH, since I cut it close enough very often.]

My favorite lounge for food has been a Thai first class lounge at BKK. For business class lounge access, I must say that some AA lounges in the US have definitely increased their food game big time, and now some of those AA lounges put all LH business class and Senator/*G lounges to shame more often than not.
The teppanyaki in the JAL lounge in Haneda comes up with some very nice options. So does the sushi counter in the Narita lounge.

highupinthesky likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by legspace
I didn't see any alcoholic drinks, not that I would drink any before a long haul flight. Well done SAS.
Beer on tap. White and red wine on tap (BIB).

(I think I have never boarded a lh flight below 0.2 )

Last edited by Tango Alpha; May 30, 2019 at 2:04 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
On Friday, the upstairs buffet had chicken patties, and they were light in taste and not oily/greasy. Maybe they called them chicken meatballs, but they definitely weren't round like balls. .
I had them too on arrival last Sunday at lunch time. Chicken meatballs?! It must be something, every (religion) can eat, but nobody likes. The most tasteless, dry I have had for a long, long time anywhere.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Beer on tap. White and red wine on tap (BIB).

(I think I have never boarded a lh flight below 0.2 )
My desire to consume some alcohol before boarding a long-haul flight is considerably greater for a Y flight than a J one. Have no idea why that might be the case!
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The alcohol can numb the pain from uncomfortable economy class.

I had them too on arrival last Sunday at lunch time. Chicken meatballs?! It must be something, every (religion) can eat, but nobody likes. The most tasteless, dry I have had for a long, long time anywhere.
Better taste-free than tastefully awful, right? They are indeed rather dry and have little taste.

I doubt that consuming chicken meatballs comply with traditional orthodox Hindu, Buddhist and Jain food prohibitions against consuming meat and poultry (and more), and the chicken meatballs there also aren’t marketed in the lounge as being kosher or halal products so at least some religious Jewish and Muslims won’t eat them either. But maybe this and the environment can be SK’s next excuses to reduce its food expenses in the lounge. They could use the leftover chicken meatballs to feed the pigs since pigs will eat just about anything on offer when hungry.

Cutting variable costs is a lot easier than cutting fixed costs, so I suspect that SK will eventually go again toward having nearly as bad a food offering as the Schengen-side Priority Pass lounges at CPH have.
Tango Alpha likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 31, 2019 at 12:18 am
Old May 31, 2019, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Indian vegetarians will avoid anything that even smells funny, but Indians that do eat meat would eat chicken meatballs. That said I doubt Indians are a substantial part of the clientel that SAS plans to have in the CPH/ARN/OSL lounges??

SK should just team up with IKEA and use their global supply chain to offer hearty scandic meals in the lounge.
copperred, zappy312 and zeer0 like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: More than one
The alcohol can numb the pain from uncomfortable economy class.

Better taste-free than tastefully awful, right? They are indeed rather dry and have little taste.

I doubt that consuming chicken meatballs comply with traditional orthodox Hindu, Buddhist and Jain food prohibitions against consuming meat and poultry (and more), and the chicken meatballs there also aren’t marketed in the lounge as being kosher or halal products so at least some religious Jewish and Muslims won’t eat them either. But maybe this and the environment can be SK’s next excuses to reduce its food expenses in the lounge. They could use the leftover chicken meatballs to feed the pigs since pigs will eat just about anything on offer when hungry.

Cutting variable costs is a lot easier than cutting fixed costs, so I suspect that SK will eventually go again toward having nearly as bad a food offering as the Schengen-side Priority Pass lounges at CPH have.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Indian vegetarians will avoid anything that even smells funny, but Indians that do eat meat would eat chicken meatballs. That said I doubt Indians are a substantial part of the clientel that SAS plans to have in the CPH/ARN/OSL lounges??

SK should just team up with IKEA and use their global supply chain to offer hearty scandic meals in the lounge.
My guess is rather that it's a misguided woman who is in charge of the menus in the lounges and maybe the airplanes too. I have a female college, who praises the food in the lounge and would rather eat there than on MASH even if it was free too.
Old May 31, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
My guess is rather that it's a misguided woman who is in charge of the menus in the lounges and maybe the airplanes too. I have a female college, who praises the food in the lounge and would rather eat there than on MASH even if it was free too.
Yeah... had that discussion before. Some people prefer strange things... I have friends which rather go to an all-you-can-eat buffet with soft-drinks from the Coke fountain than to a star-rated restaurant having a 7 course dinner with wine pairing and genuinely claim the food is better. Well, can't argue taste. It is what it is.
GUWonder and highupinthesky like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002

I do dislike IKEA on so many levels. And if I make it to an IKEA cafeteria again, please call the police and have me rescued.

AI premium customers at ARN and CPH can use the SK lounge, but I would more likely make use of Eventyr at CPH and Pontus at ARN for ARN/CPH-DEL.

Many Indians who do eat meat won’t eat served chicken meatballs if the chicken isn’t halal or kosher. And many Indians who do eat meat won’t eat served chicken if the chicken is halal or kosher. Welcome to Indian meat consumption habits. But many international-flying Indians who do eat meat will eat chicken regardless of whether it’s halal, kosher, or jhatka on any given occasion.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Exactly, they offer food that almost everyone can eat, just like lunch at my kids' previous school where they can't offer a variety of diet requirements due to them being stingy.

A bit OT: I saw a family and a guy at lounges 2 Marriott hotels , one in the US and the other one in Hong Kong. They went in and looked a the offering and then told the lounge staff that the food doesn't suit their dietary requirements. There were plenty of vegetarian options. The hotel in the US offered something to the family the first day (they said they can only eat seafood) and then they demanded it again and the lounge staff said they have to charge them and they ended up complaining to the manager. The hotel in Hong Kong simply told the guy that they have options in the buffet, and if he likes he can pay himself and order anything from the a-la-carte. He ended up eating the lounge food,

I know IKEA food is substandard but it's still better than the SK food served both on board and in the lounge. Dinner time at ARN in April was just a pot of leek soup.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:58 am
Suspended

The schools’ idea of special meals for those with dietary restrictions tends to increasingly be one of dumbing down the meal to a blahhh vegetarian choice for all from whom the primary meal doesn’t work. But even then I don’t think it necessarily meets the Jain or even some easier vegan restrictions. Hopefully SAS doesn’t go that way or with the schools’s way of banning people from taking their own lunches to school, all while expecting all kids to have a smartphone available at school. I wouldn’t be surprised if SAS may sort of play from the same playbook as the schools in the area, both by dumbing down the food offering and also by restricting BYOF & beverages when SAS becomes even more desperate for money. But that would be in-the-air cost-cutting and in-air ancillary fee revenue maximization. But cost cutting F&B expenses in the lounge is not going to be out of the picture either. And the extent to which an airline may go to cut lounge expenses’ variable costs knows few boundaries.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If SK lounge is serving hotdogs, people who don't eat pork will get upset. If SK puts out a pot of leek soup, a lot of people will just choose to skip it but not getting upset from it (it's not that it's not allowed in their diet). Doing this will give them good marketing too - we are klimatsmart as we don't serve meat. People who want meat will have to pay $ to eat at the airport, SK will save $.

GUWonder is right about the Swedish schools expecting all kids have phones - my kid went to Gothenborg for a competition with the school and they were running late. The teacher told the kids to call their parents and my kid doesn't have a phone so Mr. was waiting for an hour outside the school and wondering what's going on. The school my kids are currently in have "n" sorts of special meal as my kid had a classmate who had really weird dietary requirements. He took a specially prepared tray for lunch every day but then he didn't even touch it - what a waste.

In their previous school where they had one of the most disgusting lunch offering - the school refused to change and then asked parents to sign a consent form to get their kids to bring their own lunch - it's a for profit school so they don't mind saving that $.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by nacho
If SK lounge is serving hotdogs, people who don't eat pork will get upset.
The SK lounge in ARN often servers hotdogs. I've never seen this in the SK lounge in CPH, but it might be because my schedule normally put me at the CPH lounge around 9-14 and the ARN lounge around 16-22
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
The SK lounge in ARN often servers hotdogs. I've never seen this in the SK lounge in CPH, but it might be because my schedule normally put me at the CPH lounge around 9-14 and the ARN lounge around 16-22
I think CPH used to serve hot dogs more frequently, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Last time I was at ARN T5 there were meatballs (my kids commented on them tasting weird, I guess it must have been chicken meatball).
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I think CPH used to serve hot dogs more frequently, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Last time I was at ARN T5 there were meatballs (my kids commented on them tasting weird, I guess it must have been chicken meatball).
It's normally either hot dogs, meat balls or chicken in a couple of different variants in the lounge in ARN. In CPH it's almost always meat balls and chicken when I'm there and neither are my taste, but I do like their mushroom soup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.