Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jamesbrownontheroad
LOUNGE OVERVIEW

SAS has two lounges at Copenhagen (CPH), both of which are located in Terminal 3, opposite the passport control of the C Gates:

- SAS Gold Lounge (turn right and go upstairs: access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class)
- SAS Lounge (turn left: access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

As of the 12th of September 2023 the lounge is open at 05.00AM but this is subject to change.

Here's the latest link to info about SAS lounges: https://www.flysas.com/content/flysa...AS%20departure.

"Our lounges open approximately 60 minutes prior to the first SAS departure of the day and close approximately 30 minutes before the last SAS departure. Opening hours may vary depending on local contracts and according to seasonal timetables."
LOUNGE AMENITIES

The SAS Gold Lounge offers the same amenities as the SAS Lounge, but with a slightly better food and drink selection. There is also an espresso bar which is staffed in peak periods. The Gold Lounge has higher ceilings and a more airy atmosphere.

Breakfast items (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, etc) are available at the buffet until around 10.30AM, when the offer shifts towards lunch.

A small number of showers are available.

Quieter recliners and places to sleep are towards the back of the lounges, overlooking the landside car park.

LOUNGE ON ARRIVAL

Arrival use of the lounge is for PY, J, and SK Diamond and above (thanks CPH-Flyer for providing the information).

In addition to the SAS lounges there are the following contract lounges at CPH:

- Aspire Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Carlsberg Aviator Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Copenhagen Apartment Lounge (Terminal 2)
- Eventyr Lounge (Terminal 3)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: SK-EBD
SAS Lounges Copenhagen (CPH)

How should the possibility of using SK-lounges on arrival after an intercontinental flight be interpreted?

I am not used to arrive on SK-flights to CPH via ARN (or OSL), and since I have lost my “black card” this is a new situation for me.

Flew HKG-ARN-CPH and on arrival in CPH I asked for lounge access, as for me it was the end of an intercontinental flight.

The two lounge dragons discussed with each other and after some time they concluded, that I had arrived from ARN and thus could not be granted access.

All you using CPH as transit and arriving at ARN/OSL must have some experience. Does the last intra-Scandinavian leg disqualify for lounge access?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The rules are:

SAS lounges

Travel service is provided where available, Free WiFi, internet access and PC’s, TV and a wide range of national and international newspapers and magazines are also available.
Complimentary refreshments are available.

Departing passengers holding same day Business class or SAS Plus boarding pass for any SAS or a Star Alliance partner.
Arriving Business Class and SAS Plus passengers from intercontinental SK flights
Exception: London Heathrow (LHR) and Newark (EWR)
For Diamond members: Lounge access on arrival when travelling within Europe. Valid at ARN, CPH and OSL. For details, read more here.
EBG passengers traveling on SAS or Star Alliance partner irrespective of class booked
Holders of same day Star Alliance international First Class ticket
Star Alliance Gold members
Did you try the automated gate? They usually let you in with a same day BP (ie the ARN-CPH BP would have worked)
Old Mar 29, 2016, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The rules are:

Did you try the automated gate? They usually let you in with a same day BP (ie the ARN-CPH BP would have worked)
Didn't try. My experience is, that it dosn't work automated. Same when arriving while still EBD.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Last time I was passing thru CPH I was on SK inbound and continued on FI. I used the SK BP to open the gate.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
All you using CPH as transit and arriving at ARN/OSL must have some experience. Does the last intra-Scandinavian leg disqualify for lounge access?
I have genuinely never used my home airport's lounge on arrival. What was your motivation?

Food offering in the CPH lounge is terrible with numerous much better alternatives in the terminal. The showers in the CPH lounge are disgusting. The wifi in the CPH lounge is useless. Nothing obvious comes to mind.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Nothing obvious comes to mind.
I used it a couple of times when I had to wait for someone flying into CPH and we wanted to meet up. Having a coffee or drink and sit in the lounge is better than waiting in the terminal or air-side shopping mall.

Anyway... if you arrive HKG-ARN-CPH it is correct that technical you do not have access in CPH lounge since in fact you did not just arrive from a long haul flight but from an intra-Scandinavian one. But to be honest, that is a quite cheap decision by the lounge dragons, they could have just waived you through.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:20 pm

I have genuinely never used my home airport's lounge on arrival. What was your motivation?
To test the procedures. And to get a free salmon-dish and a half glass of wine while waiting for luggage. After three weeks of travel the fridge at home would be empty or ugly. Eating at an airport restaurant would be time consuming and set me back at least 2x150 d.kr.

Food offering in the CPH lounge is terrible with numerous much better alternatives in the terminal. The showers in the CPH lounge are disgusting. The wifi in the CPH lounge is useless. Nothing obvious comes to mind.
As a heavy user of the CPH lounge I don’t agree. Food is at most times OK, and the wifi has been working fine for several months. I haven’t used the shower for years.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Anyway... if you arrive HKG-ARN-CPH it is correct that technical you do not have access in CPH lounge since in fact you did not just arrive from a long haul flight but from an intra-Scandinavian one. But to be honest, that is a quite cheap decision by the lounge dragons, they could have just waived you through.
I agree on both.

But it would make sense that the rules allowed entrance in this case – at the end of a long journey, while waiting for luggage, want a shower etc. At the transit airport you have access anyway, but often the time is too limited to visit. In my case 30 minutes connecting time in ARN.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
But to be honest, that is a quite cheap decision by the lounge dragons, they could have just waived you through.
To be honest, don't blame the dear ladies at the entrance here; they should not interpret the rules, just apply them. But I would agree that it is pretty cheap of SK management....
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:28 am

Food offering in the CPH lounge is terrible with numerous much better alternatives in the terminal.
Do not agree on the food - at least when we talk the upstairs Scandinavian lounge. While SK has not prioritised to refurb the CPH lounge (as has been the case in ARN and OSL) - and the lounge is often very crowded, I do believe the food offering has undergone a very significant improvement over the fall/winter.

Are there better alternatives in the terminal. Of course, as CPH (together with e.g. LHR) is one of the few airports with quite decent restaurant offering. But a (standard Gold/Biz) lounge should hardly serve as a full service restaurant
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
"Arriving Business Class and SAS Plus passengers from intercontinental SK flights"

Not entirely clear if it is only meant as in "directly arriving" or "same day arrival". Anyway, I think it is pretty lousy not to let you in.

Not that I would really ever want/need to have arrival lounge access at my home airport...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by skba1
"Arriving Business Class and SAS Plus passengers from intercontinental SK flights"

Not entirely clear if it is only meant as in "directly arriving" or "same day arrival". Anyway, I think it is pretty lousy not to let you in.

Totally agree. It is now up to an interpretation of the wording. At least they should make it clear, how the intercontinental should be understood.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by skba1
Not that I would really ever want/need to have arrival lounge access at my home airport...
Well, sometimes I arrive in MUC at 6 or 7am and use the SEN/FCL lounge to get ready to go directly to work.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Totally agree. It is now up to an interpretation of the wording. At least they should make it clear, how the intercontinental should be understood.
Arriving on a flight not originating in Europe and once you come from Arlanda to Copenhagen, that is no longer the case. While maybe not the best wording, I find it reasonably clear what is meant.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Arriving on a flight not originating in Europe and once you come from Arlanda to Copenhagen, that is no longer the case. While maybe not the best wording, I find it reasonably clear what is meant.
No. Even though I'm not a lawyer, I still don’t find it clear.

“Arriving ... from intercontinental SK flights”

“From” it says. Not “on”. And I came absolutely from an intercontinental flight. With IC and Scandinavian flight on the same boarding card.

Well, I have now one decision from SAS-people (against me), but they were not sure. Will ask SAS HQ.

Anyway. My next three inbound IC-SK flights will be to CPH directly from EWR, PEK and MIA, and then I will be diamond again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.