Intraeurope SAS Plus question

Old Oct 22, 18, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Intraeurope SAS Plus question

Hi,

Fist time using SAS so total newbe
Planning to fly Hannover to Stockholm (45m connection in Copenhagen) next year and as the regular ticket was $250 I just got the SAS Plus for $100 more as lounge access and being fed on the plane is always nice and it might make the 45m connection easier (as we sit closer to the exit.
It stated "cancellable" fare and it looked to me that beside a 30 krona deduction I get all my money back if I want to cancel it (maybe the $ goes down from now to next summer etc.). Is that correct? Is it that easy and no nasty surprises? Please let me know as I am still inide teh 24h window if the "cancellable" fare turns out to be less that I thought.
Old Oct 22, 18, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Hi,

Fist time using SAS so total newbe
Planning to fly Hannover to Stockholm (45m connection in Copenhagen) next year and as the regular ticket was $250 I just got the SAS Plus for $100 more as lounge access and being fed on the plane is always nice and it might make the 45m connection easier (as we sit closer to the exit.
It stated "cancellable" fare and it looked to me that beside a 30 krona deduction I get all my money back if I want to cancel it (maybe the $ goes down from now to next summer etc.). Is that correct? Is it that easy and no nasty surprises? Please let me know as I am still inide teh 24h window if the "cancellable" fare turns out to be less that I thought.
I wonder where this 30(SEK/NOK/DKK?) comes from. If you buy the Plus Saver fare the cancellation fee should be 600DKK/NOK/SEK or 70Ä while the regular Plus fare has no cancellation fee, so you get everything back.
blitzen likes this.
Old Oct 22, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Isn't the 30 DKK the reservation fee?
blitzen likes this.
Old Oct 22, 18, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Read it somewhere ... might have mentally put it into the wrong bucket (not getting younger)

Getting everything back works as then I can lock in the price now and cancel rebook .... as needed.
Old Oct 22, 18, 10:54 am

This is generally a praised aspect of European PLUS tickets (but avoid saver if you need this). They are indeed easy to cancel. Rebooking is often against a fee, so it is typically better to cancel and buy the cheapest option on the market, when you need to change (at least I did this several times, when needed to change late).
Old Oct 22, 18, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Yes I avoided the saver option as the $ difference was less than $30 and the higher flexibility is worth more to me.

BTW is a 45 min connection in Copenhagen (from HAJ to ARN) anything to worry about?
Old Oct 22, 18, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
BTW is a 45 min connection in Copenhagen (from HAJ to ARN) anything to worry about?
Absolutely not, unless you really like spending time in the airports. I would prefer even shorter (of course assuming you are on a single ticket).
Old Oct 22, 18, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
Absolutely not, unless you really like spending time in the airports. I would prefer even shorter (of course assuming you are on a single ticket).
Yes single ticket and there is a later flight which would have resulted in a 3 1/2h layover) if things go south. Will check luggage (12 year old niece = unavoidable) but otherwise all good (no one has special needs and everyone is good to walk fast if needed.
LOVE if short connections actually work as hanging around in airports vs getting to your destination is always a waste of time.
Old Oct 22, 18, 1:34 pm

If you have a flight 3.5h later, then if things go wrong, you should have a good chance of getting on that flight, especially traveling with a child. 45 minutes in Copenhagen is a standard connection. MCT for Schengen to Schengen on SK is 30 minutes as far as I remember.
Old Oct 23, 18, 8:55 am

About those 45 minutes connection time. As said not a problem in CPH if the flight is one time, but... well..., HAJ-CPH is one my regular rotations back home to good ol' Germany, next to CPH-HAM and it is one of those flights where I never count on being on time. One issue is, if they switch the CR9, CRK or A32x to the ATR72, as they do quite often, the block times planned for jets do not work out for those pesky turbo props and and over the day they'll accumulate lots of delays. HAJ and HAM used to have quite a bit of those.... But as you said, worst case is they put you on a later flight to ARN.

Btw.:
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
being fed on the plane is always nice
Not when we talk about SAS . On HAx-CPH often enough there is 0(!) service. Even in Plus, sometimes you get only one drink and a muffin or nut snack. CPH-ARN is a bit better, but it will be Polar roll or a pick from the menu, like some crisps. Do not expect to get satisfying edible food on this flights.
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Oct 23, 18, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Will be on the 9:45 flight so I'll keep my fingers crossed. The prices were already sky high and now dropped a little ..... the Plus acts right now as a price guarantee for me.
The cup of coffee and a bite I can get in the LH lounge in HAJ before the flight
Old Oct 24, 18, 6:52 am

The 9:45 flight should be ok. The ATRs usually add 15 minutes delays for each flight the day. The afternoon and evening flights are a real problem then.

Never found out why SK canít adjust the block times accordingly. It is not that the ATRs get swapped in the same day. The equipment is planed weeks ahead of time.
Old Oct 27, 18, 1:42 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Well, as your 24 hour window is long gone, you have made your decision...

I would have spent 100 $ as well for 4 legs. Not that you get anything special onboard (as mentioned above), but potentially it gets you 4 lounge accesses (it seems that you don’t have Star Gold) and (if you care) get 3 times or so point earnings.

If your HAJ-CPH-leg is on time and at least one of your flights arrives/departs pier D (remote parking busses dock just in front of the lounge) you will even have time for cup of coffee at the SK lounge in CPH.

Search this Thread