FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Retroclaim form errors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1936213-retroclaim-form-errors.html)

MichaelJapan Oct 18, 2018 9:54 am

Retroclaim form errors

Is anybody else experiencing retro form errors since 2 days ago? As I often have tickets with mixed alliances (SA & OW) I usually wait with claiming miles until after the trip has ended to respective programs. Of course over the years I had my share of headaches with this and different errors popping-up (from the class of travel not eligible to your name was not found on the passenger list) - these were always solved sooner or later though.

For the last year I must say that the form was working very well and all my flights were credited without any problems. Until this past Tuesday.
However this time the errors are way more generic and I have never seen them before with my 10 years with sas and 4 years being EBD.
The one is a simple An error occured (0) with the other instance of the page redirecting to a login page (however my EB login details don't work there).

With the yesterday's announcement of website maintenance I thought it had something to do with this, but we are way past this in the afternoon and nothing's changed.

Has anybody used it successfully in the last 48 hours?

highupinthesky Oct 20, 2018 12:12 am

Originally Posted by MichaelJapan (Post 30328800)
Is anybody else experiencing retro form errors since 2 days ago? As I often have tickets with mixed alliances (SA & OW) I usually wait with claiming miles until after the trip has ended to respective programs. Of course over the years I had my share of headaches with this and different errors popping-up (from the class of travel not eligible to your name was not found on the passenger list) - these were always solved sooner or later though.

For the last year I must say that the form was working very well and all my flights were credited without any problems. Until this past Tuesday.
However this time the errors are way more generic and I have never seen them before with my 10 years with sas and 4 years being EBD.
The one is a simple An error occured (0) with the other instance of the page redirecting to a login page (however my EB login details don't work there).

With the yesterday's announcement of website maintenance I thought it had something to do with this, but we are way past this in the afternoon and nothing's changed.

Has anybody used it successfully in the last 48 hours?

I haven't had to do a retroclaim in years. Use the SAS customer service form and submit the website error. They normally reply within a couple of days. If the retroclaim is urgent, you can always contact the diamond customer service on e-mail. They normally reply within 24 hours.

SASegments Nov 10, 2018 3:44 am

Was booked on SK flying AAR-CPH-ARN the other day. First segment was cancelled 40 mins prior to departure and I was offered a rebooking via OSL. That did not allow me to make it to Stockholm in time for my meeting so I had to book a BA flight myself (staff refused to book me on that). I used the SK return ticket in the afternoon.

I have claimed the points/segments from Ebretro and I just received a refusal to credit those points/segments as SK (according to the email) does not credit unused flights.

Earlier this week I got a flight credited where I missed the connection and had to take the train. In both cases I got EU261 compensation without issues.

It was clearly stated in my email that this was an involuntary cancellation so I doubt that this is a misunderstanding.

Does anyone know if this is policy and if not how do I escalate? Normally Customer Service has no clue about retro regs.

Thanks

FlyingMoose Nov 11, 2018 5:05 am

Most airlines won't give you miles for unused flights (actually, none come to mind). SK historically might have granted them anyway since the rebooking was on them but with their new strategy of no longer caring about customers, retaining customers and extending zero service in such cases, I would really not count on it.

CPH-Flyer Nov 11, 2018 3:22 pm

SK does actually give miles for the original SK flight if they rebook you to a non earning flight, or a flight that earns less.

I guess you got the leg refunded (if fare allows for that), but basically since you just booked a new flight, the system will show your ticket as unused or refunded instead of showing rerouted Hence no credit. You can try to call them and see if that helps, I don't feel convinced, and certainly not if you got a refund

​​​​​​

SASegments Nov 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30419098)
SK does actually give miles for the original SK flight if they rebook you to a non earning flight, or a flight that earns less.

I guess you got the leg refunded (if fare allows for that), but basically since you just booked a new flight, the system will show your ticket as unused or refunded instead of showing rerouted Hence no credit. You can try to call them and see if that helps, I don't feel convinced, and certainly not if you got a refund

​​​​​​

Thanks for this. I bought another ticket because they refused to put me on a flight that they should have put me on according to EU261.

I did get a refund (work ticket so no choice) but I also got a refund for the leg I missed on another flight a week later and they credited me those points without comment.

I know the situations are different but I don’t really get whey they would be treated differently.

I’ll keep pushing as I really need all segment to potentially get EBD this year.

CPH-Flyer Nov 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by SASegments (Post 30419167)

Thanks for this. I bought another ticket because they refused to put me on a flight that they should have put me on according to EU261.

I did get a refund (work ticket so no choice) but I also got a refund for the leg I missed on another flight a week later and they credited me those points without comment.

I know the situations are different but I don’t really get whey they would be treated differently.

I’ll keep pushing as I really need all segment to potentially get EBD this year.

Saying they should have put you on the BA flight is stretching the EU261 rules way beyond their scope, as they already offered you an alternative that would get you to Stockholm. They are not obliged to book you on BA if there is a reasonable other connection on offer. Reasonable does not necessarily mean arrive at the same time as the original flight.

As for your other flight that was credited, the devil is in the details and it will really depend on the exact circumsatnces of the missed connection, rerouting, and skipping of the leg. So difficult to say why, based on your descirptions so far.

Im a new user Dec 1, 2018 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30419729)
Saying they should have put you on the BA flight is stretching the EU261 rules way beyond their scope, as they already offered you an alternative that would get you to Stockholm. They are not obliged to book you on BA if there is a reasonable other connection on offer. Reasonable does not necessarily mean arrive at the same time as the original flight.

The regulation states that you should be offered "re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity" so if the Sun-Air (BA) flight is "under comparable transport conditions" and earlier, then they have to rebook you on that flight. On the other hand, if the Sun-Air flight is not "under comparable transport conditions," then they are not required to rebook you. The problem is that I'm not aware of any rulings on what "comparable transport conditions" means, so it's unclear how a court would rule.

I do not see any provisions in the regulation for the air carrier to charge any money for this rebooking, so the carrier may be unable to reduce the number of points that you would get to whatever frequent flyer programme you're using.

CPH-Flyer Dec 1, 2018 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Some person (Post 30488802)
The regulation states that you should be offered "re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity" so if the Sun-Air (BA) flight is "under comparable transport conditions" and earlier, then they have to rebook you on that flight. On the other hand, if the Sun-Air flight is not "under comparable transport conditions," then they are not required to rebook you. The problem is that I'm not aware of any rulings on what "comparable transport conditions" means, so it's unclear how a court would rule.

I do not see any provisions in the regulation for the air carrier to charge any money for this rebooking, so the carrier may be unable to reduce the number of points that you would get to whatever frequent flyer programme you're using.

It is a legal argument that is very unlikely to be won. People even struggled winning over Norwegian for waiting 3-4 days to get home from a long haul cancellation. Where Norwegian refused to rebook to other carriers.

Saying it is not an unreasonable request, saying there should be leeway for it, or it would be the right thing to do, might all be correct Saying they have to rebook to BA has no basis in the regulation, or the current legal interpretation of it. That of course can be challenged and changed, but that is current status.

As SK as standard SOP allows for original credit of miles when you are rerouted to a non earning airline, point loss would not be an issue

SASegments Dec 2, 2018 2:42 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30488838)
It is a legal argument that is very unlikely to be won. People even struggled winning over Norwegian for waiting 3-4 days to get home from a long haul cancellation. Where Norwegian refused to rebook to other carriers.

Saying it is not an unreasonable request, saying there should be leeway for it, or it would be the right thing to do, might all be correct Saying they have to rebook to BA has no basis in the regulation, or the current legal interpretation of it. That of course can be challenged and changed, but that is current status.

As SK as standard SOP allows for original credit of miles when you are rerouted to a non earning airline, point loss would not be an issue

Well they need to offer “re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination” so booing on BA was within the wording. Having said that I know they never do such rebookings and I didn’t even ask for them to pay for the flight that I booked myself. So that is not the issue.

My problem is that SK won’t retro credit me the missed flights. They still claim that only flown flights can be credited even though I have subsequently had non-flown flight credited in a situation of a missed connection due to a delayed flight.

They paid the compensation without any problems (EUR 125).

CPH-Flyer Dec 2, 2018 3:13 am

Originally Posted by SASegments (Post 30489720)

Well they need to offer “re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination” so booing on BA was within the wording. Having said that I know they never do such rebookings and I didn’t even ask for them to pay for the flight that I booked myself. So that is not the issue.

My problem is that SK won’t retro credit me the missed flights. They still claim that only flown flights can be credited even though I have subsequently had non-flown flight credited in a situation of a missed connection due to a delayed flight.

They paid the compensation without any problems (EUR 125).

I guess you got the leg you did not fly cancelled/refunded? The leg shows as cancelled rather than transferred

SASegments Dec 2, 2018 3:58 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30489768)
I guess you got the leg you did not fly cancelled/refunded? The leg shows as cancelled rather than transferred

Yes I needed to use the return flight so I guess I needed to cancel the rebooking they had made for me (and that I couldn’t use in this case) and let them know not to cancel the return flight.

I of course explained this to Ebretro but their reply looks very standard so I don’t know if they actually read the email.

CPH-Flyer Dec 2, 2018 6:01 am

Originally Posted by SASegments (Post 30489848)

Yes I needed to use the return flight so I guess I needed to cancel the rebooking they had made for me (and that I couldn’t use in this case) and let them know not to cancel the return flight.

I of course explained this to Ebretro but their reply looks very standard so I don’t know if they actually read the email.

And that's the challenge. You cancelled the flight, you can't get points for unused flights. You can get points for endorsed flights.

I understand the need and reason for the cancellation. However, that does not really change the situation.

Im a new user Dec 5, 2018 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30488838)

If you disagree with DY's or SK's rebookings, then I think that the idea is that you arrange the rebooking yourself by buying a ticket for some flight and then ask the airline to compensate you for this, suing the airline if they won't pay. However, it's very dangerous as you may lose in court and then you won't only have to pay for the new ticket but also for the airline's legal fees.