Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Premium Menus On Long Haul SAS Go Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-ordering Premium Menus On Long Haul SAS Go Flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

The picture from the link above.

I would seriously hope this is a catering breakdown.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Are they f...ing kidding people???

If it was me, I would demand my money back, while I don't expect it to look in marketing materials this is just ridiculously far apart. If you are Danish, get them shamed via BT or Ekstrabladet. Or the equivalents in Norway or Sweden, if those are your home countries.
That is actually a great idea especially considering this is borderline fraudulent.

Also shame them for the hundreds of cubes that are being thrown daily because of the terrible inedible food.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

The picture from the link above.

I would seriously hope this is a catering breakdown.
Reminds me of the standard SAS economy class meals from a couple of years back, ones that were included for economy class long-haul passengers.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: EBG
The non premium menu seems to me no different to the picture above. Still, simply with SAS I fly for the points (status) and no other reason. As soon as I reach gold I choose the many better options on star A going out of ARN.

Food was never a reason to choose SAS. Everybody has their reasons I guess but food would not be one of them.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
How do you know?
I have seen the exact same cake at IKEA (how many producers do you think that makes these kind of cakes). I have flown UA tons of times and the salad looked exactly the same. The juice - you can see it from the carton they poured out from.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Reminds me of the standard SAS economy class meals from a couple of years back, ones that were included for economy class long-haul passengers.
I would say more than 5 years back. Food is definitely NOT a reason to fly SK, for me it's the price.

This was what I got on TK Y. Chicken in cafe de paris sauce and served with tasty rice. The meal is included in my ticket, no need to pay to get something edible - this was delicious. Side dish was cucumber and tomato salad with some fresh parsley sprinkled on it, dessert was chocolate mousse. My friend uploaded a chicken rice picture on SQ Y+ and this one is definitely comparable to that.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
I would say more than 5 years back. Food is definitely NOT a reason to fly SK, for me it's the price.

This was what I got on TK Y. Chicken in cafe de paris sauce and served with tasty rice. The meal is included in my ticket, no need to pay to get something edible - this was delicious. Side dish was cucumber and tomato salad with some fresh parsley sprinkled on it, dessert was chocolate mousse. My friend uploaded a chicken rice picture on SQ Y+ and this one is definitely comparable to that.
When I fly SAS it’s because of the route and/or the value I get from Star Alliance loyalty programs makes it worth it. The food in SK long-haul business class doesn’t really do it for me either. And since I don’t drink alcohol on flights, and especially not when traveling to/from/for work, so drinks won’t lull me into ignoring SAS’s weakpoints.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder

When I fly SAS it’s because of the route and/or the value I get from Star Alliance loyalty programs makes it worth it. The food in SK long-haul business class doesn’t really do it for me either. And since I don’t drink alcohol on flights, and especially not when traveling to/from/for work, so drinks won’t lull me into ignoring SAS’s weakpoints.
I don't drink alcohol (I only taste it) so I won't be benefiting from the free booze on TK (they even have it when they serve coffee after meal in Y). I found 1 non alcoholic beverage on SK just ridiculous, especially they throw you the drink right after take off and before the meal is on the table. Then you have this code share thing in *A that you started with UA long haul with free non alcoholic drinks and then SK short haul that you have to pay for everything except tea and coffee. My kid was confused (after TATL red eye - he normally knows) and ordered an apple juice and fortunately the crew didn't give him that (we were sleeping).

I know BA is much worse for short haul compared to SK - GBP 2,8 for a cuppa.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by ilkkao
I filed a complaint through the official channels. Happy to report what they say. I guess there is a chance that is a logistics mistake.
I got response saying that the food I got wan't the premium meal. I'll get my money back, that's it.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I got response saying that the food I got wan't the premium meal. I'll get my money back, that's it.
Not even a small 'sorry for the inconvenience'?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:09 am

Not even a small 'sorry for the inconvenience'?
They apologized yes. I just always ignore that part as a job I build customer service software. I therefore know that in 99% of cases macros are used to produce them.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
At least that. Otherwise, this looked like a case of misleading advertising, which could cause some noise in the Nordics (fortunately, our standards are still relatively intolerant to this). Let's wait for more pics, though. I am not getting my hopes high yet.

Not a great fan of the concept in general, as I always will prefer to buy a decent meal at the departure or arrival airport. Much better experience for a similar price. But I can understand that some people (or some people sometimes) are so pressed for time that eating on flight can actually save them stress. I don't seem to be in the target group for this product.

EDIT: Well, there are also some (mostly French) airport that have remotely any service after crossing security. Experienced this recently in TLS where a stale sandwich from a kiosk was a treasure. I guess, buying food from SK makes more sense in such situations.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Wow... just wow... that's awful. And just a refund? No additional even measly compensation for the problem? That's harsh.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AStarr
Wow... just wow... that's awful. And just a refund? No additional even measly compensation for the problem? That's harsh.
It's Scandinavia - you only get compensated for your actual financial loss - it's very common even law suits regarding for example wrong installation of bathroom, inconvenience is not considered something that you can be compensated for.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
It's Scandinavia - you only get compensated for your actual financial loss - it's very common even law suits regarding for example wrong installation of bathroom, inconvenience is not considered something that you can be compensated for.
Oof. Yeah I've been out of Denmark for a bit. Sometimes I forget the cultural differences. Will have to adjust again soon though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.