Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thanks ^
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: SK*D
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A point to remember, apart from the meal served, you can request anything from the economy class buy on board menu for free.
This is actually important because on shorthaul Plus the crew seem to simply hand out the box meals and absolutely do not tell you about the option of ordering from the menu. I flew SK a lot a few years ago before the box meal concept was launched and then started flying them again since this year and was surprised to see no mention by the crew of being able to order from the menu.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by RanChin
This is actually important because on shorthaul Plus the crew seem to simply hand out the box meals and absolutely do not tell you about the option of ordering from the menu.
Hmm, usually I'm not known for defending the regular miserable service on SK flights... but the last few months I was always offered to freely pick from the cart when i rejected the cube an polar roll.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by fassy
Hmm, usually I'm not known for defending the regular miserable service on SK flights... but the last few months I was always offered to freely pick from the cart when i rejected the cube an polar roll.
Exactly my experience. I usually order freely from the menu the item appearing to be (more) edible.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:19 am

Another (good) thing with SAS Plus intra-Europe is that you get free access to Star Alliance lounges regardless of which status you otherwise have with Star Alliance, i.e. at FRA you can enter the Lufthansa Business lounge with a boarding pass for a flight with SAS in Plus.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by SK989
Another (good) thing with SAS Plus intra-Europe is that you get free access to Star Alliance lounges regardless of which status you otherwise have with Star Alliance, i.e. at FRA you can enter the Lufthansa Business lounge with a boarding pass for a flight with SAS in Plus.
I wouldn't necessarily class it as a good thing given that all non-low-cost carriers offer lounge access to business class passengers (and while SAS calls it Plus, it is, by nearly all means e.g. price, a business class product), it is rather something you'd expect from a legacy airline; one instead could argue that Plus passengers have no access to most lounges in Europe, apart from, as you say, hub/Star Alliance [lounges]. The real good thing is probably the fact that you are still able to access lounges/fast tracks etc. when flying other Star Alliance carriers holding a SAS Gold/Diamond card, but that's an entirely different matter and indeed OT for this particular topic.

G
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SK989
Except when the airport doesn't have a *A lounge. SAS is so cheap that both Plus customers and *G/EuroBonus elites get no lounge access if the airport only has contract lounges. SAS should be ashamed of its cheapness on this issue. I can't think of another European airline with this policy.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
{...}and while SAS calls it Plus, it is, by nearly all means e.g. price, a business class product {...}
Considering on-board service, SAS Plus is hardly in any aspect (apart of course from price) comparable with any intra-European business class product. On the other hand it is on a par with A3's and TK's Y product. Even when it comes to airport services, apart from the lounges issue mentioned by @zeer0 in airports without *A lounge (which includes many nontrivial airports in Spain, Italy, France, and Russia among others), in most airports in Scandinavia priority baggage handling is a literally a joke. As a *G/EBS I see no benefit from flying SAS Plus, especially domestically in Sweden, apart perhaps from increased mileage accrual...
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by East_and_West
which includes many nontrivial airports in Spain, Italy, France, and Russia among others
[Re: lounges] At least those are mostly seasonal services (e.g. Italy/Spain), but removing lounge access at airports like Gdańsk (and many others, needless to say), with several daily flights (CPH) mostly aimed at the business segment, was possibly the main reason pushing me away from flying SAS altogether.

G
zeer0 and East_and_West like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The one thing I really do appreciate with Plus on the European routes, is the price for full flexibilities. Compared to other airlines it is usually a lot cheaper to get a fully flexible ticket. And the flexibility is absolutely no nonsense. I have cancelled the fist leg on a ticket, but kept the rest in place without any problems. Only slightly annoying part, from second change of a flight, you will always have to call.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Sadly, I didn’t realize all of this until more than 24 hours after I purchased the ticket through United. I called today, asking to switch to a Lufthansa flight 50 mins later (hey, it’s still Y seats, but at least the middle seat is blocked and I like their C meals) and I’ve missed the window to switch. Besides, SAS/Plus codes as business class in the UA system, so she wouldn’t buy my please that it’s only an upgraded Y.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Intraeurope SAS Plus question

Hi,

Fist time using SAS so total newbe
Planning to fly Hannover to Stockholm (45m connection in Copenhagen) next year and as the regular ticket was $250 I just got the SAS Plus for $100 more as lounge access and being fed on the plane is always nice and it might make the 45m connection easier (as we sit closer to the exit.
It stated "cancellable" fare and it looked to me that beside a 30 krona deduction I get all my money back if I want to cancel it (maybe the $ goes down from now to next summer etc.). Is that correct? Is it that easy and no nasty surprises? Please let me know as I am still inide teh 24h window if the "cancellable" fare turns out to be less that I thought.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

Fist time using SAS so total newbe
Planning to fly Hannover to Stockholm (45m connection in Copenhagen) next year and as the regular ticket was $250 I just got the SAS Plus for $100 more as lounge access and being fed on the plane is always nice and it might make the 45m connection easier (as we sit closer to the exit.
It stated "cancellable" fare and it looked to me that beside a 30 krona deduction I get all my money back if I want to cancel it (maybe the $ goes down from now to next summer etc.). Is that correct? Is it that easy and no nasty surprises? Please let me know as I am still inide teh 24h window if the "cancellable" fare turns out to be less that I thought.
I wonder where this 30(SEK/NOK/DKK?) comes from. If you buy the Plus Saver fare the cancellation fee should be 600DKK/NOK/SEK or 70€ while the regular Plus fare has no cancellation fee, so you get everything back.
blitzen likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Isn't the 30 DKK the reservation fee?
blitzen likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Read it somewhere ... might have mentally put it into the wrong bucket (not getting younger)

Getting everything back works as then I can lock in the price now and cancel rebook .... as needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.