Search

SAS @MMX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
SAS @MMX

Just sent of Mr. at MMX and he was at the airport 2 hours before his flight - right after I drove off he messaged me saying that he couldn't drop his bag (he got his BPs through a machine there) until an hour before departure. He didn't receive any bag tag from the machine and he waited until the bag drop machine opens. He tried to check his bag and found out that he needed bag tag which he didn't get from the machine, fortunately there was someone there to switch off the machine and got his tag.

It seems to me that SAS don't want people to go to the airport too early/make bag drop an ordeal, maybe they want to do this to close down the SAS cafe at MMX.

Last time I was at MMX was in February and the bag drop wasn't machine operated.

Is this something new?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Just sent of Mr. at MMX and he was at the airport 2 hours before his flight - right after I drove off he messaged me saying that he couldn't drop his bag (he got his BPs through a machine there) until an hour before departure. He didn't receive any bag tag from the machine and he waited until the bag drop machine opens. He tried to check his bag and found out that he needed bag tag which he didn't get from the machine, fortunately there was someone there to switch off the machine and got his tag.

It seems to me that SAS don't want people to go to the airport too early/make bag drop an ordeal, maybe they want to do this to close down the SAS cafe at MMX.

Last time I was at MMX was in February and the bag drop wasn't machine operated.

Is this something new?
I was under the impression that SK@MMX has a small fraction of the SK staff it used to have and/or the staff work a fraction of the total staff hours that used to be had there -- and maybe that explains why/when a prior SAS station manager at MMX parted ways with SK there when he did. In other words, he expected further scaling back of MMX or he was part of the scaling down strategy.

I doubt SK closes down MMX entirely any time soon, but I would expect that the SK staffing levels at MMX will never be what they used to be there.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I was under the impression that SK@MMX has a small fraction of the SK staff it used to have and/or the staff work a fraction of the total staff hours that used to be had there -- and maybe that explains why/when a prior SAS station manager at MMX parted ways with SK there when he did. In other words, he expected further scaling back of MMX or he was part of the scaling down strategy.

I doubt SK closes down MMX entirely any time soon, but I would expect that the SK staffing levels at MMX will never be what they used to be there.
Wow, that's interesting - I don't know what's going to happen if someone arrived from a flight and have a missing/damaged bag - wonder if there will be any assistance at all.

I doubt SAS will remove MMX-ARN, as people like Mr. uses it as a feeder flight to connect to a TATL at ARN.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:27 am
Suspended

Wow, that's interesting - I don't know what's going to happen if someone arrived from a flight and have a missing/damaged bag - wonder if there will be any assistance at all.

I doubt SAS will remove MMX-ARN, as people like Mr. uses it as a feeder flight to connect to a TATL at ARN.
As long as they take the baggage irregularity report on time, even remotely, for a claim to be properly handled, I wouldn't mind. I have seen even SK*CPH mid-day take some people an hour or more to get handled for irregular baggage handling reports, and I would much prefer having someone to handle the issue over the phone than wait around for the one "available" staff member to handle all the passenger claims.

I've not had to submit a baggage irregularity report at MMX in at least a decade, but then again I am mostly a "just cabin baggage" type of traveler when using MMX.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Just fill out a form and throw it into the designated box. If the luggage is damaged, they will ask you to send photos via email when they create the report. That's how it works in TKU.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Just fill out a form and throw it into the designated box. If the luggage is damaged, they will ask you to send photos via email when they create the report. That's how it works in TKU.
That works for me, but I’m more likely to have an issue with missing baggage than with damaged baggage. Do they provide a contact number so you can find out whether or not they’ve loaded the information for a missing bag into the relevant systems, and how do you get your worldtracer info for the missing bag?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That works for me, but I’m more likely to have an issue with missing baggage than with damaged baggage. Do they provide a contact number so you can find out whether or not they’ve loaded the information for a missing bag into the relevant systems, and how do you get your worldtracer info for the missing bag?
You can call the airport but from my experience you get the next day the irregularity report that contains the required information as email.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Last time when SK smashed my bag I only saw forms for missing bags but not damaged bags. The staff told me that I had to queue behind all the people despite that I was there first (don't know why but I guess she thinks missing bags are more important than smashed bag).

As long as I can do that remotely I don't have any issue with it. However I'll be really uncomfortable leaving an airport without my bags and not sure where they were (normally when I report the missing bags the ground staff can see where my bags are), as you never know if it's just baggage handling being slow (I have seen bags came out of CPH luggage belt despite the sign saying all bags are out).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.