Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:30 pm

What's a "Eurobonus-less ticket"?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
With their devaluation of certain classes (e.g. 2000 points to 250), so they have less bonus points associated.
But can find on Google Flights their cheap fares, but no eCommerce channel seems to be able to purchase (even after using VPN for USD conversion too through Orbitz, Priceline, etc.).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
They are definitely sold on the sas website, at least at www.sas.dk. The GO Light tickets have the new "less" earnings rate displayed. The slightly more expensive GO tickets display the old rates.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
WOW,

making a future booking just now I realized what a HUGE drop this is for GO bookings. comparing a Nordics to LHR booking I would earn 500 points in GO (not even light) or 5624 in plus. so since 50% of my flights are in economy IT seems it makes very little sense to stick with SK. I will prequalify for EBD on Monday so it seems I have some thinking to do over the holidays what programs to stick with from 2020 onwards.

its a pity they went this radical with the changes, not much sense for go flyers to stick with SK unless they are competitive with the price with LCC, in my opinion.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:05 am

I am confused. Let me be picky because I might be in your situation as well, but have not understood it yet. I thought GO HEAVY was still mostly 500 per segment + gold bonus. I cannot imagine an itinerary where plus pays 5624 and GO HEAVY pays 500. Can you share the routing?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SK2751
I am confused. Let me be picky because I might be in your situation as well, but have not understood it yet. I thought GO HEAVY was still mostly 500 per segment + gold bonus. I cannot imagine an itinerary where plus pays 5624 and GO HEAVY pays 500. Can you share the routing?

Here is the screen shot.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I suppose he had something like HEL - OSL - LHR in O which earns 100 points per segment plus bonus. That is 500 points in total. I checked the matrix for March and there is alot of availability in O.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:45 am

Right. I completely forgot of the (now) dreaded O class. Good point. I will have to watch whether it is financially viable for me to avoid it.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:26 am

Right. I completely forgot of the (now) dreaded O class. Good point. I will have to watch whether it is financially viable for me to avoid it.
To be honest I wont fly on fares earning 500miles rt 🤔😂😂 I guess LH P fares become more attractive even LH T fares are on par now even though service is better
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:03 am

But LH P fares are nothing comparable to SK O fares ? am I missing something?
(the annoying thing is that one cannot opt out from the O fare - one apparently has to wait until it is sold out).
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Seems it would require a TA to get a higher than O class booking. Can they do it if you call SK, though that would add the phone booking fee as well.

By the way, when did the terms Go Smart, Plus Smart, and Plus Pro get added?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
(the annoying thing is that one cannot opt out from the O fare - one apparently has to wait until it is sold out).
I didn't try this with SK, but often airlines block availability for a short period of 15 to 60 min if you start a booking process on their site.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:25 am

LH P earns 100% or 750p per segment intra europe.

I think they need to add a possibility to choose fares that earn real miles. I stopped flying LH when they pulled this crap and most likely I will jump ship here too or just downgrade to Gold level and choose my economy flights elswhere, not sure yet.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
LH P earns 100% or 750p per segment intra europe.

I think they need to add a possibility to choose fares that earn real miles. I stopped flying LH when they pulled this crap and most likely I will jump ship here too or just downgrade to Gold level and choose my economy flights elswhere, not sure yet.
By now, even some of the semi flex European fares on LH book in to P. Though I don't always see the logic of when
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
By now, even some of the semi flex European fares on LH book in to P. Though I don't always see the logic of when
I wish LH had a option to choose fares by booking code as Z fares earn much better and usually very close in price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.