Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings

SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings

Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I had no trouble getting original credit for the flights booked before Oct 1. Everything was automatic. However my trips have not been booked so far ahead, so perhaps that part of the system is not active anymore? If it is not fixed with 14 days from crediting, I would contact EB, assuming the amount of points missed warrants burning time on that.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
This devaluation has really allowed me to explore more Star Alliance options. SAS is really par at best, but given the high frequency of travel for work, found Lufthansa to be great paired with other airlines (Swiss/Brussels). Even with diamond for free drinks on SAS, you find this actually comes standard (without any status) on most other airlines, but with better seats, service, and food. Might just be my perspective, but this change has really allowed me to think differently, which turned out to be a blessing.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The SAS program devaluation hasn’t yet done much of anything to me, but I also rarely credited my SAS flights to EuroBonus. When partner airline programs end up being made to cut back on what I earn from SAS flights, I will use SAS less than I would if the mileage program benefits were strong for me.
jerjeffr likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The SAS program devaluation hasn’t yet done much of anything to me, but I also rarely credited my SAS flights to EuroBonus.

Same here, with the exception that I credit all my activity to EB.

I fly a healthy mix of SK (30%), LH (25%), LX(15%), UA(10%), OS(10%), LO(5%) and 5% rest of *A like the odd A3, AI or TQ flight. Most flights are booked with like 5 to 10 days notice, so I always end up in the expensive fares anyway and of course I usually just book the Go Smart instead of the Go fare or the Plus fare instead of the Go fare if the price difference is within reason. But I did that before the devaluation as well.
jerjeffr likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jerjeffr
This devaluation has really allowed me to explore more Star Alliance options. SAS is really par at best, but given the high frequency of travel for work, found Lufthansa to be great paired with other airlines (Swiss/Brussels). Even with diamond for free drinks on SAS, you find this actually comes standard (without any status) on most other airlines, but with better seats, service, and food. Might just be my perspective, but this change has really allowed me to think differently, which turned out to be a blessing.
Try flying BA. Not even a cup of tea or a glass of water is included, and the highest frequent flyer tiers get the same zero service for free as everyone else. At least SK retreated from that approach some years ago, and does offer coffee, tea and water. And added some Diamond benefits. I think it is pretty miserly either way.

But then again when I got the free muffin on an Austrian flight the other day, I'd rather have had nothing as it least there would have been less waste. The free Knoppers on Lufthansa for breakfast was also not exactly stellar, but not bad either. So it it is not like Lufthansa group always offers much in terms of food/snacks in Y on European flights. Admittedly both Lufthansa and Austrian have a much wider free drinks selection, which I do appreciate.
jerjeffr and highupinthesky like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The SAS program devaluation hasn’t yet done much of anything to me, but I also rarely credited my SAS flights to EuroBonus. When partner airline programs end up being made to cut back on what I earn from SAS flights, I will use SAS less than I would if the mileage program benefits were strong for me.
Same here, also I just realize I have some points to burn, and I found out getting award flights is a lot more difficult than it was 3 years ago - to me that's another devaluation.

LH intra Europe is definitely better compared to SAS, even my kids commented on that. BA is just bad - but as OWE some reported that they were offered free drink on BA short haul. No idea about ST as I haven't flown them for years.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
All great comments. Will stick with Star Alliance (so no BA) for another two years to hit lifetime gold though with SAS. So currently and willingly, sticking with *A is enjoyable, but also good to see the differences between carriers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.