Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS compensation for in-flight issues thread?

Old Sep 15, 18, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

I couldn't find a specific thread for this, so I'm curious what others have gotten for various issues.

I found the in-flight wi-fi to be a big let-down so far. I took a LOT of SAS to push me towards A3*G and when I wasn't sleeping, I wanted to be using wi-fi on longer flights. Otherwise the catering and staff were great.

So, OSL-LYR in PE the wi-fi worked for about an hour, then basically stopped for the rest of the flight (though wi-fi near the arctic is still an amazing thought imho.) - I noted this to CS and got 3K EB points.
LYR-OSL the wifi didn't work at all. I noted this and got a choice of 3K EB points again or 30 EUR. I'm debating that as 3K would at least get me to another OW to LYR, which was gorgeous.

I had a my TATL back on SAS from ARN to LAX, same issue, which was a real bummer as it would've been a nice break between reading and sleeping. Is there a point or cash value I should have in mind for this? I really do hope complaining consistently gets them to up their wi-fi game.

Anyone with other SAS complaint data points for issues, assuming there is no such thread?
Old Sep 16, 18, 9:18 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
SAS does not have wi-fi on all domestic flights. If Wi-fi is installed on the plane you are flying on, it should be working, but as it is not guaranteed on short/medium distance, I would not have expected to get anything if it was not working. Of course, if one travels in Go and has no status and have paid for Wi-fi, the fee should be refunded.
Old Sep 16, 18, 10:57 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ksu View Post
SAS does not have wi-fi on all domestic flights. If Wi-fi is installed on the plane you are flying on, it should be working, but as it is not guaranteed on short/medium distance, I would not have expected to get anything if it was not working. Of course, if one travels in Go and has no status and have paid for Wi-fi, the fee should be refunded.
I was kind of surprised that they pay this much for faulty WiFi. Other airlines where I have had problems usually just refer to the WiFi provider. And if you are lucky, you get a refund or a voucher for future use.

But good on SK if they go above and beyond expectations.

Search this Thread