Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Mileage/Point Run Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Mileage/Point Run Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
This, it is _the_ solution.
We've discussed this since the very beginning of the goodie bag. I can remember that SAS quoted that it was technically impossible to implement this. Given the portfolio of their IT department, I am not surprised.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:34 pm

Went diamond yesterday. Lets just say I have not availed myself of the goodie bag. Not hg worth a pinch of .... in there for me. Even if I did want the concierge service, it only have me 2 months validity.

What a lovely welcome from SAS to the high milage club. I feel so very special. I really do look forward to my free coke in a year to two, assuming I am still diamond then.

Really, if these idiots did not fly direct to a few locations I go to regularly, I would not bother.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by raldat
Went diamond yesterday. Lets just say I have not availed myself of the goodie bag. Not hg worth a pinch of .... in there for me. Even if I did want the concierge service, it only have me 2 months validity.

What a lovely welcome from SAS to the high milage club. I feel so very special. I really do look forward to my free coke in a year to two, assuming I am still diamond then.

Really, if these idiots did not fly direct to a few locations I go to regularly, I would not bother.
+1

However, looking at the availability of the "SAS Package" (the random useless bits of plastic with SAS branding printed on them), it goes down by 1-2 every day, so some suckers are claiming them...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by klmml
+1

However, looking at the availability of the "SAS Package" (the random useless bits of plastic with SAS branding printed on them), it goes down by 1-2 every day, so some suckers are claiming them...
Really, totally amazing. I was interested for 2 seconds when I thought it actually came with some charging gadgets then realised they were just crappy sas branded cases. I wonder if others made the same mistake but realised their error too late.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by raldat
Really, totally amazing. I was interested for 2 seconds when I thought it actually came with some charging gadgets then realised they were just crappy sas branded cases. I wonder if others made the same mistake but realised their error too late.
It just feels so cheap and half-baked. I'd rather they offered nothing at all if they can't find good companies to partner with or products to give away. It's not like the SAS brand has ever been about luxury or rewarding loyalty.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Well, I will take it, if nothing else is added in the last month of the qualification year. Although the value of this gift is offensive.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
Well, I will take it, if nothing else is added in the last month of the qualification year. Although the value of this gift is offensive.
It's now saying "0 igjen" for the package... you've got to be quick with these amazing offers!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:39 am

It's now saying "0 igjen" for the package... you've got to be quick with these amazing offers!
Apparently a lot of Diamonds had the feeling of 'better something than nothing'... either that or no one saw that it's just a completely empty shell.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Pie anyone?

Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by gakke
Pie anyone?

Hah! Not even a description. Allow me:

"No tangible perks of your Diamond status? SAS lets you eat cake with this wonderful cake slice."
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:03 am

"No tangible perks of your Diamond status? SAS lets you eat cake with this wonderful cake slice."
I bet it will be confiscated as hand weapon as soon as you try to bring it as hand luggage...

Anyway, I can eat my SAS muffin without this tool.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)

They're going fast:

499 tilbage (left)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:32 am

What is the next offer - a fart in the face? What are they trying to sell here? This is insulting.

How about a longhaul upgrade voucher for 2 pax or 3 short haul upgrade voucher (who ever would like thoise to have?). it is BS they can';t handle it, they could just make a note on the account and ask you to call in to get the voucher applied by an agent or even better bring a printout to the check-in desk or gate and they can handle it like any other regular point upgrade
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by gakke
They're going fast:

499 tilbage (left)
Maybe they should have stated that cake is not included...?

Or should we start to worry that we suddenly find one of those sticking out of the heart of a SAS employee? They look a bit like a weird knife...
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: Eurobonus Silver, Finnair Silver, Marriott Silver etc.
1'850 points short of EB Gold (due by 31.3)

Hi,

I've got 43'150 points as of today, and my qualification period ends on the 31st of March. I'm based in Vaasa, Finland.

I'm now looking for reasonably priced flights to get the remaining 1'850 points for EB Gold, but it's tricky. I've found return flights to Amsterdam that would give me 1'750 points for 295€, but I'd then still 100 points short.

Questions:

1. Is SAS very strict with the limits, i.e. with 100 points missing?

2. Any suggestion for how I could get those 1'850 points for a good price?

BR,
C-Bird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.