Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Creding EY flights to Eurobonus- worth it?

Old Aug 25, 18, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Etihad Silver Emirates Silver FB Silver

I have a return ARN-SIN (via CDG and AUH) journey coming up and was planning to credit this to my EuroBonus account. Ive recently read somewhere that not all my flights would be elegible for EuroBonus is this true?

If it makes a difference im in F apart from the ARN-CDG legs which are EY codeshares on AF (in J).

So is it worth crediting to SAS or should I open an EY Guest account?
Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 18, 2:37 pm

According to sas.se, you only get points on flights between AUH and AMS, ATH, BRU, DUS, FRA, GVA, LHR, MXP, FCO and ZRH. So, it appears that you won't get any Eurobonus miles on CDG-AUH-SIN.
ceej123 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 18, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceej123 View Post
So is it worth crediting to SAS or should I open an EY Guest account?
Other options
https://www.wheretocredit.com/ey/f
https://www.wheretocredit.com/ey/j
https://www.wheretocredit.com/af/j

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=ARN-CDG...SU=kts&RS=best

Codeshares are always problematic. Flying a codeshare flight marketed by one airline (flight number), operated by a second airline and crediting the frequent flyer miles/points to a third airlines ffp is always problematic. Usually only works if all three are in the same alliance (Oneworld - Star - Skyteam) or specific provision in the ff program rules. e.g AA miles or BA avios on QF marketed flight operated by EK. With non alliance partners even if the marketing and operating carriers are both partners of your ffp the codeshare does not always earn ff miles/points.
Some ffp earn based on the marketing airlines & others the operating airline.
ceej123 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 18, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Looks like my cunning plan to get extra EuroBonus miles isnít going to work! Might just end up crediting to EY and figure out what to do with them later!

Thanks again!
Old Aug 25, 18, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceej123 View Post
Looks like my cunning plan to get extra EuroBonus miles isn’t going to work! Might just end up crediting to EY and figure out what to do with them later!
Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
EY has a hard 2 year expiry.
EY is a ff partner of AA and several other airlines.
Adding frequent miles in a ff program that you can use are worth more than ff miles in an orphan ffp that you will never use, even if the earning rate is nominally better.
Old Aug 26, 18, 2:15 am

Programs: Aegean Gold
Maybe I got something wrong, but if your priority is getting Eurobonus points, then could you not claim everything with Eurobonus, some segments will be counted, others won't (and here we assume we don't know for sure which). Then you can retroactively claim the segments which Eurobonus rejected with EY?

That's what I do when I have a ticket with mixed fares, for example. My priority is Aegean where I want to maintain my status. If going there is in Brussels Airlines K and return in S, I claim first with Aegean (and use my *G benefits), get my S miles and 0% for the K flights. Then I retroactively claim with SAS the K flights. That way I get both because Aegean earns 0% on K, so I can claim those flights somewhere else. So could you not do that in your case?
Sorry if I misunderstood your question, though.
​​
Old Aug 26, 18, 6:50 am
Original Poster

No youíre right the priority was to try and get EuroBonus points over EY as I donít usually fly with them however in this case it looks like none of the flights will qualify for EuroBonus so that option has gone.

On a separate note i didnt think it was possible to split credit to different schemes so that is interesting to know!
Old Aug 31, 18, 2:08 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
If you can still cancel the flight at a reasonable cost, you could look at rebooking through SQ and do a lot better on the EuroBonus earnings.
Old Sep 4, 18, 8:08 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
So wanted to add in my experience with EY a few years back, flying return CPH-BRU-AUH-MLE. I managed to claim points/miles on the same flights both with SK and EY programs. As the system is/was not automatic/synchronized, this might still be possible.
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:34 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by groovyfly View Post
So wanted to add in my experience with EY a few years back, flying return CPH-BRU-AUH-MLE. I managed to claim points/miles on the same flights both with SK and EY programs. As the system is/was not automatic/synchronized, this might still be possible.
Left the FFP blank an retro claimed? Or how?
Old Sep 6, 18, 5:28 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Left the FFP blank an retro claimed? Or how?
Yes, exactly. Retroregistered with both programs after having flown the segments, leaving the FFP-number blank on the BP's.

Search this Thread