Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New 'enhancements' to SAS Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist

Just a bit of reflections after having flown 6 intercontinental legs in C-class in August:

1. On all 6 flights SAS served the awful 'Cramant' from Economy class as pre-departure drink, even referring to it as Champagne when offering it. Only when asking if if was not in fact the cremant the crew admitted that they are now serving this as pre-departure drink.
2. No slippers offered any longer
3. No fresh salt and pepper loaded on any of the flights
4. No warm nuts when flying from outstations to CPH, just the cheap almonds served in a plastic bag
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Just a bit of reflections after having flown 6 intercontinental legs in C-class in August:

1. On all 6 flights SAS served the awful 'Cramant' from Economy class as pre-departure drink, even referring to it as Champagne when offering it. Only when asking if if was not in fact the cremant the crew admitted that they are now serving this as pre-departure drink.
4. No warm nuts when flying from outstations to CPH, just the cheap almonds served in a plastic bag
I don't know about the crémant (my palate is not sophisticated enough to taste the difference, fortunately), but I got warm nuts in C ORD-ARN last Wednesday. I don't know when or where slippers have been supplied, but I have never gotten them on TATL flights, and not on CPH-PVG, CPH-PEK, or ARN-HKG either - just those formless "socks".
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:34 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
My experience differs a bit. I've taken four SAS Business class trips the last months, with the last ones SK927+SK928 to/from Boston this weekend for a conference.

I experienced:
  1. Crémant on one flight, champagne on three others. The cremant was ok though. Far from great, but ok.
  2. No slippers, but I think that's mainly a thing to/from Tokyo? Or perhaps East-asia? That's the way many non-asian airlines do it at least.
  3. Fresh salt and pepper on all flights. Was there on the trolley, and I was asked if I wanted it on any items.
  4. Warm nuts on all four flights.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by NicoEBG

Had business class flights within the last months (July and august) to/from: HKG, NRT, MIA and SFO.
1. Don't drink onboard, so don't know about alcohol
2. Slippers offered on HKG and NRT segments - both ways. Not, and never has been, on transatlantic flights.
3. Fresh pepper available on all flights and proactively offered by crew
4. Had warm nuts on all flights, expect from HKG which offered a small snack.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
File a complaint to request improve consistency
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
For a minute I thought you were referring to intra Europe. Just flew OSL to CPH in business and it was a cattle car with no gate discipline, reminding me of flying in China. No groups called. Lots of pushing to get through the gate. Boarding CPH to KRK has been closer to normal.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by boerne
For a minute I thought you were referring to intra Europe. Just flew OSL to CPH in business and it was a cattle car with no gate discipline, reminding me of flying in China. No groups called. Lots of pushing to get through the gate. Boarding CPH to KRK has been closer to normal.
There has not been any business class between Oslo and Copenhagen since 2003.

Unfortunately SK does not enforce boarding priority very effectively on short haul.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Unfortunately SK does not enforce boarding priority very effectively on short haul.
It depends on the airports.
CPH has been fully rolled out, and are being enforced.
ARN are rolling it out at the moment. The function has been activated at the gates, so even gates without the automated gates support priority boarding if the SE gate staff knows how to use it.
OSL I don't know. Haven't been through there for a while.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:24 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
It depends on the airports.
CPH has been fully rolled out, and are being enforced.
ARN are rolling it out at the moment. The function has been activated at the gates, so even gates without the automated gates support priority boarding if the SE gate staff knows how to use it.
OSL I don't know. Haven't been through there for a while.
OSL uses automatic gates for most departures (at least domestic) and enforces priority boarding (group A and B) but is quick in opening for general boarding.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
No fresh salt and pepper loaded on any of the flights
Could someone explain to me what "fresh salt and pepper" is?
I am confused about the term fresh.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Just took return C-trip PVG-CPH, Both have champagne and slippers and fresh salt+pepper and warm nuts. It is weird to here that they don't offer anymore.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:12 am

oh, and also the bottled water departing from PVG are really cheap water, 2 CNY/bottle. I think last year when I few this route, it is Evian or something, when I fly back to PVG, it is a Japanese bottled water, maybe it is left over from last flight?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:14 am

I flew CPH-MXP, there are group calling but no one cares, pushed through the crowd to board.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:15 am

freshly grind pepper and salt.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by boerne
What? Chinese airlines serve multiple round of drinks, a hot meal, ice-cream and snacks on 2 hour flights in COACH. Their business class is typically outstanding and miles ahead of European carriers, if not just for the seats.

I'll do coach in China over a SK Plus any day.

Originally Posted by ksu
OSL uses automatic gates for most departures (at least domestic) and enforces priority boarding (group A and B) but is quick in opening for general boarding.
Typically all groups are called before the first "Group A" person is through the gates. Also SK agents never tell people to make room and get away from the gates.

I really appreciate how KL has started handling this at ARN, their staff won't board anything until group 1 and group 2 are through. They'll tell people to get away from the gates if they aren't in those groups as the boarding will take longer. AF does something similar with 4 different lines to queue in.

It appears that Scandinavians/Swedes really struggle with basic counting or the first letters of an alphabet as they all moronically stand in front of the gate blocking everyone else. Its like trying to leave a train in Sweden where the passengers entering the train board at the same time as those trying to get off and then have an awkward standstill or try to push past each other. Various developing countries have shown a better grip on these matters than 'first-world' Sweden.

Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
I flew CPH-MXP, there are group calling but no one cares, pushed through the crowd to board.
No enforcement from staff has been the major problem, its taken SK years to finally introduce some kind of priority boarding but there is still no energy spend on making it happen. Typically outstations do a better job than their own hubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.