Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS op-up priority and procedure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS op-up priority and procedure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I prefer the poor person’s business class in economy class over SASPlus, at least when it comes to flights where sleep is part of the picture.
Agree completely. SAS Plus is great westbound. Eastbound - no real benefit unless you are in the middle of the four row...
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
So the chances of an Up Op are limited as a *G? Flying in Plus EWR-ARN next week and the aircraft was changed from an A330 to an A321. I can't remember how full the Plus cabin was before, but it was at least half full. Now its obviously completely full. I'm in the bulkhead window. Business shows some seats open on the seat map, but they aren't selling any Plus nor Business. Bid upgrade is 270 Euro which is pretty good, but if there's a chance I could get an Op Up I wouldn't do it.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:15 pm

Chances are slim to none if they are not selling any business class tickets. Though the upgrade offer price is dirt low, you would never see that kind of value on United for example.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Sfo-cph has been consistently flying the a350 for the past couple of weeks, but my flight next week in sas+ is scheduled for an a330. Given the differences in cabin size, I'm guessing some op ups could happen after paid upgrade bids clear?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yogibearla
Sfo-cph has been consistently flying the a350 for the past couple of weeks, but my flight next week in sas+ is scheduled for an a330. Given the differences in cabin size, I'm guessing some op ups could happen after paid upgrade bids clear?
The A330 has a smaller J cabin and a larger Plus cabin. So it will not cause a need to upgrades from Plus.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The only time we got op-up with SK was to Shanghai a long time ago as *G. My son had an unnecessary medical emergency that we didn't check-in until very last minute. We made it to CPH barely and got our BPs, then when I was at the lounge to change our FFP to UA, we got new BP for Plus.

A friend of mine who regularly purchase plus for that route many years back said she and her daughter got op up to C for free (no status), so it's difficult to know their op up policy.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 10:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I’ve not had any op-ups on long-haul SAS flights since before 2018. Between 2001 and 2016, I had a bunch — mostly as a UA*G and a couple of times as an A3*G. Most of those happened during the May-September period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.