Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Award booking with schedule change and no help from SK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking with schedule change and no help from SK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I'm shocked that neither AC or SK will help OP. Never have to deal with award tickets schedule change but I have tried tons of schedule changes with revenue tickets with UA/AA. Once AA needs BA to release seats and they actually put me on hold while talking to BA. I just don't understand why AC can't just give a call to SK.

I bought tickets mostly on OTA but UA is always willing to help to change my flights.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
I'm shocked that neither AC or SK will help OP. Never have to deal with award tickets schedule change but I have tried tons of schedule changes with revenue tickets with UA/AA. Once AA needs BA to release seats and they actually put me on hold while talking to BA. I just don't understand why AC can't just give a call to SK.

I bought tickets mostly on OTA but UA is always willing to help to change my flights.
Me too. Unfortunately it seems like this is the way they treat people on award bookings, right or wrong I don't know. I'd like for SAS to then explicitly state that on their website and also inform people that award bookings are not guaranteed until you are at the airport, and any prepaid expenses made are not covered by the airlines.

Now there seems to be other award availability (arriving 4 hours later), so I don't know if I have the time or energy to continue the battle with SK and AC.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm not shocked at all. This is the standard reaction of airlines when presented with award tickets issued by other carriers. Apparently, this is far more complicated to deal with than revenue tickets. The standard reply is always: "You need to contact the issuing carrier" so have issues for award tickets resolved. Only on the day of departure the carrier will be able to rebook/reroute in case of IRROPS - and even then many agents will try to get away with "sorry, but you need to contact Eurobonus..." (or whoever issued the ticket).

It is SK Eurobonus that needs to contact AC (and not the other way around) and persuade AC to release seats/to rebook the pax on other AC flights so EB can reissue the tickets subsequently.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by freppa87

Now there seems to be other award availability (arriving 4 hours later), so I don't know if I have the time or energy to continue the battle with SK and AC.
Okay, then by all means call Eurobonus and ask to be rebook to the now available flights so you can put this ordeal behind you.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by freppa87
Me too. Unfortunately it seems like this is the way they treat people on award bookings, right or wrong I don't know. I'd like for SAS to then explicitly state that on their website and also inform people that award bookings are not guaranteed until you are at the airport, and any prepaid expenses made are not covered by the airlines.

If I were you I'd rebook my flights - as they have already treated you like this and it doesn't look likely that they will change.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm not shocked at all. This is the standard reaction of airlines when presented with award tickets issued by other carriers. Apparently, this is far more complicated to deal with than revenue tickets. The standard reply is always: "You need to contact the issuing carrier" so have issues for award tickets resolved. Only on the day of departure the carrier will be able to rebook/reroute in case of IRROPS - and even then many agents will try to get away with "sorry, but you need to contact Eurobonus..." (or whoever issued the ticket).

It is SK Eurobonus that needs to contact AC (and not the other way around) and persuade AC to release seats/to rebook the pax on other AC flights so EB can reissue the tickets subsequently.
Even on the day of departure it is unlikely to get handled until you arrive at the airport causing the misconnect. Have tried this between Lufthansa and SK In the end I was forced to fly to Munich for I connection I knew I would miss Ended up on NH rather than LH, and in a revenue booking class So all in all a win.

But frustrating to get "talk to SK" at one end, and "talk to LH in Munich" in the other.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Even on the day of departure it is unlikely to get handled until you arrive at the airport causing the misconnect. Have tried this between Lufthansa and SK In the end I was forced to fly to Munich for I connection I knew I would miss Ended up on NH rather than LH, and in a revenue booking class So all in all a win.

But frustrating to get "talk to SK" at one end, and "talk to LH in Munich" in the other.
Not SK exclusive. I had a trip to Dubai from BRU on swiss (revenue). Flight out delayed, but still insisted sending me to ZRH, just to rebook me on Emirates, which they could as well have put me on directly from BRU.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Okay, then by all means call Eurobonus and ask to be rebook to the now available flights so you can put this ordeal behind you.
If I were you I'd rebook my flights - as they have already treated you like this and it doesn't look likely that they will change.
I did and rebooked them. They waived the change fee but had to pay additional 70SEK in taxes. Now at least I have a booking. Thanks all in this thread for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.