Booking a Complex Open Jaw with SAS

Old Aug 2, 18, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Booking a Complex Open Jaw with SAS

Trying to kill two birds (trips) with one stone and found/forced the following itinerary, which is perfect for what we need:
10/7/18: ARN-ORD (SK 945)
10/7/18: ORD-DEN (UA 2015
3/22/19: DEN-SFO (UA 735)
3/22/19: SFO-CPH (SK 936)

Also linked here: https://goo.gl/flights/xJJVD

Google tells me that the only way to book this is by calling SAS. Before I begin (presumably) banging my head against the wall with a phone rep, is there any other way to book this? Thank you for any pointers you all have.
Old Aug 2, 18, 2:13 pm

Shouldn’t be a problem. But yes, you have to call in
Old Aug 3, 18, 5:20 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBD (*G), BA Bronze, KLM Gold, Emirates Silver
Travel agent?
Old Aug 3, 18, 9:59 am

You can try on wideroe.no
Choose "Advanced Search"
Then choose "Multi destination"

One drawback with wideroe.no is that you cannot book mixed seating class tickets (e.g., SAS Plus on one leg, SAS Go on another, etc.).

One drawback with calling in is that they almost never give you all the possible options that wideroe.no uses, and they almost always try to charge you a booking fee (375 NOK).
Old Aug 6, 18, 12:49 am

Programs: Used to be TK gold but left due to their corruption and state-tied politics
This trip isn't that complex, should be able to be found online (or maybe try ITA powertools/Bookwithmatrix), otherwise just call it in.

By the way, add another flight at the end of your trip (that you will not check in to nor fly) to lower the price. In my example the price is $711 instead of your $782, with exactly the same flights: https://goo.gl/flights/DUcUF
Old Aug 12, 18, 12:37 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Not complex at all, call in and every second phone agent can help you. Don't be afraid to just hang up if the agent is a clown, i find the hit-miss ratio on the Diamond line about 1 out of 2 and on the regular line about 1 out of 3.

If SK could _FINALLY_ implement multi-segment booking that would be really great.
Old Aug 19, 18, 2:11 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
If SK could _FINALLY_ implement multi-segment booking that would be really great.
I have just started using "SAS for Business", and strangely enough the booking engine there supports multi-segment booking.
Old Aug 31, 18, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by ksu View Post
I have just started using "SAS for Business", and strangely enough the booking engine there supports multi-segment booking.
Thanks, that's a great tip! Just signed up for SAS for Business just to get access to the corporate travel tool. If that saves me one or the other frustrating call or booking via LH, Expedia or other channels... thumbs up! Let's see, currently waiting for my corporate code.
ksu likes this.

Search this Thread