Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

First time flying SAS Economy - ORD->CPH->LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

It's my first time flying SAS basic economy and I was curious how is it? How does it compare to United coach or other carriers like Swiss? Any tips I should know?

Tom
Star Alliance Gold
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by tschapira
It's my first time flying SAS basic economy and I was curious how is it? How does it compare to United coach or other carriers like Swiss? Any tips I should know?

Tom
Star Alliance Gold
For.the TATL segment ORD <-> CPH:
​​​​​​
The hard product is good: 2-4-2 layout means you will have a greater chance scoring either an asile seat or a window seat. I have always had good luck out of EWR bound for CPH, with the last round trip getting rows 20 and 30 windows at check-in (too cheap to pay for seats). Unbelievable legroom in those eats.

Soft product: hit and miss in my opinion.

Overall, SAS.coach > UA coach.

​​​​​
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR

Tom
Star Alliance Gold
I agree with above reply. Hard product is good. In terms of service keep your expectations low and there's a 25% chance you might be pleasantly surprised.

Just a tip that SK currently has a summer campaign for upgrades, lowering the minimum bid you have to put in. I'd recommend it for the added comfort and food offered onboard:

https://www.flysas.com/en/fly-with-u...tras/upgrades/
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: TK Gold
There will be no meal serving from CPH- LHR. Pretty standard everywhere. And they should serve a cold meal, yet should be quite tasty on the 2nd meal on the long haul one.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you are used to UA domestic flights you will be pleased with your SK flight ORD-CPH. The CPH-LHR leg will be nothing to report about; just another 2 hour flight to get you to your destination.

As Star Alliance Gold you will be pleased with the SK lounges at ORD and CPH so the lack of service/meal on the CPH-LHR leg will bo no issue.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Tom
Star Alliance Gold
Are you UA G? If you are then UA E+ is better than SK (unless it's the newly configed 777-200) IMO. AFAIK you can get ASR as *G, which is a nice perk - you don't get it for LX or LH. Bring your own bottle to get tap water if you need more than 1 bottle of water (1 bottle of water per person for long haul flights).

As UA S and *G we prefer UA>SK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.