Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

ARN Airport Hotel recommendation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARN Airport Hotel recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its ' RHGRFNF' as per this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hote...s-rate-64.html
fassy likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
oh, missed that! Thanks!

Btw, just checked. The new rate is 90EUR for Arlanda and in most of the properties I used to stay like Hamburg the new rate only gives -25% of the rack rate.

Last edited by fassy; Jul 30, 2018 at 8:28 am
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by livious
Thanks for posting this. I have always wanted to try a night there but never heard much about it. Could be fun to manage with the kids if we need to overnight, but can stick the wife in the Clarion as I doubt she would be interested:-)

Might be a good idea. You know what they say happy wife =Happy life

But it was definately a great experience and a decent price.

Also the bus takes you right in front of the Jumbo so not hard to reach definately a experience
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by fassy
As an aircraft nut, take the cockpit suite

Unfortunately it was sold out when I went there! Otherwise I would have. The engine was the next best spot for me
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned slumming it in the Best Western! If you end up in the hotel on the left side of the main road (coming from the airport) it feels like being on a Swedish campsite

Diamond status gets you a free beer on arrival also
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey guys!

Little update: I'm currently at Sogndal airport and I just realized that I have not booked a hotel for my one night layover in Stockholm yet (facepalms). The Skycity is going at 400+ CHF right now which is rather expensive and the Arlandia is sold out, so my question now is, where should I go? I don't want to go into the city but stay near the airport, I want my own bathroom and my own room (there are some weird shared rooms available) and breakfast as well as wifi is a must: JumboStay has some rooms available for 100 bucks and so does connect hotel, clarion is at 200+ right now. Suggestions?
(I'm tending to go with Connect hotel or Jumbo stay atm)

Last edited by Nick Art; Sep 5, 2018 at 10:02 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:33 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kauppias
Or add some memories and stay at the Jumbo stay I stayed there on a mileage run and it was fun. Not a full service hotel but very fun IMO.

I slept in the engine
Best advise ever. No regrets.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pictures or it didn't happen...
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
FWIW, I stayed at both the Radisson Blu and the Clarion over the Easter weekend as I had two layovers on my way to Bangkok, one in each direction. I am not a regular at ARN, so I am sure regulars will be rolling their eyese at my description as a noob.

The hotels are located within about 50m of each other, accessible from the midway point of the airport. Follow the signs for SkyCity.

The Radisson is accessible directly from the concourse via stairs or a lift.

The Clarion is accessed along a short pedestrian walkway adjacent to the Radisson.

They’re much of a muchness to be honest in terms of price, facilities and room size, but my preference is definitely the Clarion because (a) the room I had was more recently refurbished and (b) there’s a reasonably pleasant bar to sit at on the 12th floor with a view. The bar at the Radisson overlooks the concourse and didn’t look as inviting to me.

One negative about the Clarion was that the keycard didn’t work so I had to do a round trip to reception to get a new one. They also assigned me in a different room for some reason, maybe they thought the door lock itself didn’t work.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Howard Long
FWIW, I stayed at both the Radisson Blu and the Clarion over the Easter weekend as I had two layovers on my way to Bangkok, one in each direction. I am not a regular at ARN, so I am sure regulars will be rolling their eyese at my description as a noob.

The hotels are located within about 50m of each other, accessible from the midway point of the airport. Follow the signs for SkyCity.

The Radisson is accessible directly from the concourse via stairs or a lift.

The Clarion is accessed along a short pedestrian walkway adjacent to the Radisson.

They’re much of a muchness to be honest in terms of price, facilities and room size, but my preference is definitely the Clarion because (a) the room I had was more recently refurbished and (b) there’s a reasonably pleasant bar to sit at on the 12th floor with a view. The bar at the Radisson overlooks the concourse and didn’t look as inviting to me.

One negative about the Clarion was that the keycard didn’t work so I had to do a round trip to reception to get a new one. They also assigned me in a different room for some reason, maybe they thought the door lock itself didn’t work.
Radisson are refurbishing their rooms at the moment. It's not more than a new coat of paint and new furniture. I would much rather see them gut the bathrooms and do a proper refurbish here. That is much more need.

Clarion probably gave you the wrong room number in the first place.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I would much rather see them gut the bathrooms and do a proper refurbish here. That is much more needed
and ruin that world renown shabbiness of Scandinavian hotel bathrooms? Come on!?
Dover2Golf and highupinthesky like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned slumming it in the Best Western! If you end up in the hotel on the left side of the main road (coming from the airport) it feels like being on a Swedish campsite

Diamond status gets you a free beer on arrival also

Free beer is always a bonus !!
There are two Best Westerns nearby, which is 'better' ?
Best Western Arlanda and Best Western Plus Airport Park.

Just really looking at an overnight between flights but may add several hours on the arrival day to pop into the city.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Free beer is always a bonus !!
There are two Best Westerns nearby, which is 'better' ?
Best Western Arlanda and Best Western Plus Airport Park.

Just really looking at an overnight between flights but may add several hours on the arrival day to pop into the city.
I suggest the cockpit suite in the Jumbo hostel. It’s really worth it.

And if you dislike it I will return the a free beer to you whenever you’re in Zurich
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stayed at the Radisson Blu earlier this week and was pretty impressed. My room was nice enough, the staff were very friendly and I had a nice dinner at the restaurant:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...landa-arn.html
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
My most recent stay at the Radisson Blu Arlandia was fine in terms of the room, the price asked and the check-in process. This hotel is obviously only used because of the convenience it offers in proximity to the terminals for early flights and since there are no real hotel chains in the Arlanda area I can use, this is usually the preferred choice.

The biggest challenge was the bar/restaurant being staffed with two people for 50-60 guests which obviously became a bottleneck very quickly. The waiter not just taking orders but also making the drinks seemed counter intuitive. I left after a beer (which took 30+ minutes to arrive) and ordered room service as it was just hilarious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.