Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus with Wideroe Flight selection Help - Seat selection and what to expect?

SAS Plus with Wideroe Flight selection Help - Seat selection and what to expect?

Old Jul 17, 18, 5:56 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: *A EB, FPC, RS Grey Card****

Hi there!

I'll have the amazing chance to travel around norway a bit this summer by joining a few friends. Sadly I have to leave them before they complete the trip to catch my LX F companion special flight to DXB from ARN (poor me right?).
The flight to ZRH is leaving at 19:35 in ARN towards ZRH on the 6th of September. Now I have found out that we'll be around Sogndal at that time so I have come up with two ideas on how to fly: Departure at 09:35 towards Oslo with one technical Stop with Wideroe and then on SAS towards ARN with arrival at 15:00 (6th Sep)
Departure 18:30 with Widero towards Bergen and then with SAS onwards to ARN arrival at 21:25 on 5th Sep, I'll get myself a room at the airport (Radisson Blue seems nice) and head to the loung early next morning or maybe even visit Stockholm.
I've booked the lather for now, but I can still change it: I'de love to hear your opinions!

I noticed that, even though I booked SAS Plus, I can't seem to assign myself a seat online, neither on Wideroe nor on flySAS.com, do I need to call?
And what is the experience like on Wideroe? I'm not expecting a five course meal of course but I'd like to be prepared (are there things I need to look out for?)

Cheers!
Old Jul 17, 18, 6:23 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hi there!
I noticed that, even though I booked SAS Plus, I can't seem to assign myself a seat online, neither on Wideroe nor on flySAS.com, do I need to call?
Sorry if this comes across as rude, but surely you would save a lot of time to just pick up the phone and call them, rather than wait for someone here to tell you to do that?
They might even (on a good day) be able to tell you about the in-flight service too.
Old Jul 17, 18, 7:31 am
mha

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
And what is the experience like on Wideroe? I'm not expecting a five course meal of course but I'd like to be prepared (are there things I need to look out for?)

Cheers!
Wideroe has free seating, no pre-reservation or select at checkin. Their version of the Plus product only includes the flex part of the ticket, not even water is included in the cabin service on Plus.
Old Jul 17, 18, 8:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WF also has a chat agent, just click on the chat link on th eright side of this page: https://www.wideroe.no/kundeservice/kontaktoss
Old Jul 18, 18, 7:42 am

Sogndal-Oslo (via Ørsta) will be a short leg first (< 30 min) which can give you a spectacular view if weather is nice. Ørsta-Oslo is aprox 1 hr, parts of it with a nice view crossing the mountains. Stop in Ørsta is just pax off/on and sometimes fueling so rather short (10-15 min). Some pilots on Wideroe fly relatively low when weather is nice. Sogndal-Bergen is also less than 30 mins airborn.

As for seating - best view and lowest nice is in the back of the plane! Also have handbags in mind - will be "deliver at aircraft door" for larger items. https://www.wideroe.no/en/travel/baggage-essentials
Items for sale onboard, but no hot drinks as the small planes have no galley. https://www.wideroe.no/en/travel/in-flight-menu

If you think it is worth spending more time in the Dash8-100 than on a 7373 I would go for Wideroe to Oslo. Not very often one can fly a small prop-plane. I have myself flown WF from BGO-OSL via Sogndal and Sandane just for the sightseeing.