Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Five full flights from ARN canceled.

Five full flights from ARN canceled.

Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
uh oh... I have an upcoming trip in September and will fly from Bergen (coming from Sogndal) to ARN in the evening on SK and the next day in the evening further with Swiss (the start of an F-Class itinary I do absolutely not want to miss). So I'm only a bit worried about the Bergen-ARN leg... Sogndal to Bergen on Wideroe doesn't have such issues does it? Do you think those cancellation issues will be resolved by September? (Or should I look into train connections from bergen to Arn just in case? hmpf)
I would not be overly concerned Vacation period is over, both for crews and for running at lot of summer destinations and charters.

Check the aircraft type, the current spate of cancellations mainly hit the CRJ fleet operated by City Jet. If not a CRJ, already a lot lower likelihood..
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:27 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Nick Art
uh oh... I have an upcoming trip in September and will fly from Bergen (coming from Sogndal) to ARN in the evening on SK and the next day in the evening further with Swiss (the start of an F-Class itinary I do absolutely not want to miss). So I'm only a bit worried about the Bergen-ARN leg... Sogndal to Bergen on Wideroe doesn't have such issues does it? Do you think those cancellation issues will be resolved by September? (Or should I look into train connections from bergen to Arn just in case? hmpf)
WF does cancel for operational reasons, but if any problem on the WF-flight they might reroute you SOG-OSL-ARN instead of SOG-BGO-ARN: SOG has more departures to OSL than to BGO. And WF at SOG are very proactive with connecting passengers when they have irregularities. Earlier this year they phoned me as I was eating early dinner at a local restaurant to tell me that the SOG-BGO I was taking two hours later (the same departure as yours) was running so late that I would miss my connection at BGO, so they had already rerouted me to KSU via OSL

SK4898 (BGO-ARN at 20.05 arr. 21.25 ) is flown by mainline SAS. If this flight should be cancelled, you'll either be rerouted via OSL, e.g. at 19.45, arriving ARN 22.30, or next morning either via OSL or direct at 10.35 arr. ARN 11.55. If you for any reason should miss your flight/connection SAS or WF (SAS is in any case handled by WF at BGO) will reroute you and put you up at a local hotel.

I presume that you are on LX1255 at 19.35 With a connection out of ARN the next evening, there is no reason to fear missing the LX flight. The train is very much slower, and has its own irregularity issues. With 22 hours of connecting time, it is in my opinion extremely unikely that you would miss your LX from ARN.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Batting 1000 for SK cancellations this summer. LLA-MMX, first ARN-MMX cancelled and rescheduled, then LLA-ARN cancelled. Tomorrow's return MMX-ARN (0630) delayed 1 hour with no connections until evening - scheduled arrival LLA was 0930 with ground transport north. Realizing that this was doomed I rebooked for the 31st - thank God for Tallinn's super-competent and friendly staff! Still a little worried - flight MMX-ARN is a... wait for it... Cityjet CRJ.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:21 am

When do they publish the cancellations? I 100% need to be in HEL on Friday afternoon for a intense work weekend... Booked AGH-ARN-HEL in SK Plus. Thinking of picking up a fully flexible CPH-HEL on AY to be on the safe side now.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by fassy
When do they publish the cancellations? I 100% need to be in HEL on Friday afternoon for a intense work weekend... Booked AGH-ARN-HEL in SK Plus. Thinking of picking up a fully flexible CPH-HEL on AY to be on the safe side now.
My first cancellation was notified two weeks in advance. The second was notified via sms att 01:40 on flight day for an 11am flight.

So it seems to be unpredictable in true SAS tradition.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:45 am

10 flights canceled today...SAS problems are head news in Sweden today. And I just looked in to the comments on SAS facebookpage. Im so sad. Looks like my favorite company have xxxxx up everything this summer - ground handling, bagage, the outsourcing of planes and the staff, the customer sevice... And were is the CEO? Media does not reach him... Really bad marketing.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I’m one of the affected, SAS cancelled my (travelling in a group of 8) HEL-ARN tomorrow. No message from SAS, only noticed the cancellartion when I tried to check in roughly 23h in advance on the app. Rebooked to a flight 7 hours later. Not ok. Got through on phone after close to an hour. Had checked alternatve arrangements (Norwegian sold tickets at 130-160€). Suggested these but answer was ”no, it is impossible to book to Norwegian or Finnair as they are not our partners”. Asked for supervisor, was denied. Really unhelpful lady and she got very annoyed when I tried to suggest solutions. So now it is a 7 hour delay, and 8x250€ compensation request. More work for SAS, more costs for them, and 8 unhappy customers.

I stopped flying SAS some years ago, but had expiring points. I now see it was definitely the right decision to stop flying SAS.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by niksal
I’m one of the affected, SAS cancelled my (travelling in a group of 8) HEL-ARN tomorrow. No message from SAS, only noticed the cancellartion when I tried to check in roughly 23h in advance on the app. Rebooked to a flight 7 hours later. Not ok. Got through on phone after close to an hour. Had checked alternatve arrangements (Norwegian sold tickets at 130-160€). Suggested these but answer was ”no, it is impossible to book to Norwegian or Finnair as they are not our partners”. Asked for supervisor, was denied. Really unhelpful lady and she got very annoyed when I tried to suggest solutions. So now it is a 7 hour delay, and 8x250€ compensation request. More work for SAS, more costs for them, and 8 unhappy customers.

I stopped flying SAS some years ago, but had expiring points. I now see it was definitely the right decision to stop flying SAS.
Im sorry for your problems. But there is now a function in the SAS app that you can activate that gives you notifications if there is any changes. Also add your bookings to Check my trip and they will also notify you of any changes,
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sadly once the irreg happens SAS is really bad at handling it: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-...ng-irrops.html

If they had invested in the right infrastructure the changing and updating of reservations and tickets would be much better. SAS is being punished for the quick fix restructuring they did the past two years. The schedule was bloated up too quickly without waiting for the new subsidiaries/contractors to stabilise their operations (and hire enough flight crew, which are very scarce in Europe right now).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by niksal
Why not ask for a refund of the SK ticket and the book with DY or AY if these flights are more convenient for you? In case of cancellation you don't forfeit the right to compensation for cancellation if you request a refund and don't travel on the ticket (however, keep in mind that this does not apply for delay)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:22 am

Just called SAS to cancel an upcoming flight... funny enough full fare Plus, still couldn't be cancelled online or in the app? Anyhow, after entering the EBD number I was connected straight away. No wait time at all! At least some status recognition. Regular call queue was announced to be at least 45 minutes on hold.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by criced
Im sorry for your problems. But there is now a function in the SAS app that you can activate that gives you notifications if there is any changes. Also add your bookings to Check my trip and they will also notify you of any changes,
This function unfortunately only works when SAS actually announce the IRROPS. I was traveling back from Prague late Monday. Schedule take off in Prague was 21:40, but the flight wasn't announced delayed until 22:00, not even on flight status on the SAS website. The bird had been late all day, and around 19:45 where it was scheduled to fly to Prague it was about 2 hours behind schedule on a flight to Stavanger, but still no info about my flight being delayed.
Last time SAS made a f... up like this on one of my flights is more than 8 years ago. I've had SAS delayed flight from time to time, and normally even small delays like 5-10 min. are announced hours ahead.

On the positive note, SAS did reimbursed my additional parking costs, and the lounge access I bought earlier, despite they were only required to reimburse my additional parking costs. The flight was announced delayed so late that no shops had open anymore, and there were no one in the airport to hand out vouchers. The total delay ended up being only 15 min. short of the 3 hour qualifying for EU compensation.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
This function unfortunately only works when SAS actually announce the IRROPS. I was traveling back from Prague late Monday. Schedule take off in Prague was 21:40, but the flight wasn't announced delayed until 22:00, not even on flight status on the SAS website. The bird had been late all day, and around 19:45 where it was scheduled to fly to Prague it was about 2 hours behind schedule on a flight to Stavanger, but still no info about my flight being delayed.
Last time SAS made a f... up like this on one of my flights is more than 8 years ago. I've had SAS delayed flight from time to time, and normally even small delays like 5-10 min. are announced hours ahead.

On the positive note, SAS did reimbursed my additional parking costs, and the lounge access I bought earlier, despite they were only required to reimburse my additional parking costs. The flight was announced delayed so late that no shops had open anymore, and there were no one in the airport to hand out vouchers. The total delay ended up being only 15 min. short of the 3 hour qualifying for EU compensation.
You are right. Had the same kind of problem from Riga in june. At boardingtime nothing were told in the app but we could all se there was no plane. Had a long discussion with the head of customer care after and she hesitated to admit that there had been any problems at all....silly. My personal thougts is that Cityjet, as flown that flight, dont wanna tell SAS Operations if they are late because the might get penaltys then. So they wait in the last minute to tell SAS. And then the customers dont get any information... Were your flight from Prague operated by SAS metal or Cityjet?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:22 pm

SAS continues to cancel flights

It seems that there will be more cancellations in coming weeks. Be prepared.

https://www.expressen.se/dinapengar/...ter-tystnaden/
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Airlines are getting reluctant to admit delays any second before they absolutely have to.

I was on Lufthansa yesterday, we were 10 minutes after scheduled departure time and the second bus had not arrived at the remote stand yet. But when a passenger asked the head of the cabin about the possible delay, due to an onward connection., the answer was a clear "we are not delayed!" We did end up landing 30 minutes late.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.