Search

SAS check in question at ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
SAS check in question at ARN

Hi guys,
I flew from AMS to OSL with SAS and the check in /bag drop queue was horrendous due to only 2 staff members handling hundreds of passengers.
I have to fly with SAS from ARN to LHR next Wednesday, and i was wondering how well staffed their ARN check in counters are ?
If they are understaffed, i will have to goto the airport even earlier.

Thank you.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
It is peak season now in Europe so you can expect long queues.There will be more than 2 people working. I haven't been to AMS check-in but at ARN you have to print also your baggage tags at one of machines if you are not *G or travelling in Plus. So dropping the bag should be relatively quick.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for your reply. I will be flying SAS Plus.
Finger crossed that they will be quite a few staff members at check in
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The main difference being that AMS is an out station with potentially limited counter allocation and staff, Arlanda being a home airport.

Though I have not flown from Arlanda in a while, lines in the 3 Nordic main airports for Plus and up customers have never been an issue for me. Peak or non peak.
desafinado74 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.