Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Booking Star Alliance Award Flights Online Now

Old Jul 7, 18, 10:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

New here, Just delete if already been mentioned.

I will just share it here to contribute:
SAS SA Award Booking Search

Right now you can't book online yet as you would have to call in within 48 hrs to confirm with them, but when they officialy introduce this(probably after summer), it would be of huge value.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 22, 19 at 10:59 am Reason: Redact promotion to own blog
Old Jul 8, 18, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Just the fact that you can search online and see the availability as SK sees it is of huge value IMO. The call to confirm is a minor thing, annoying but manageable.

I'll have to play a bit around with the tool to see what it does and how it does it when I have a bit of spare time.
Old Jul 8, 18, 4:59 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I'd have to fiddle around with that as well... that would be super nice to be able to book those more easily.
Old Jul 8, 18, 8:14 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
That is really cool!
Old Jul 8, 18, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
It works pretty well. Only, they have forgotten to make first class searchable ...
Old Jul 8, 18, 7:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It works pretty well. Only, they have forgotten to make first class searchable ...
Was curious about that as well
Old Jul 9, 18, 6:03 pm

And you can not use the companion ticket with AMEX...
Old Jul 13, 18, 1:20 pm

I played around with the platform recently, but it seemed quite unstable to me. The normal SAS website works fine, but this one often just loaded and loaded without showing results (but I had the impression that it's depending on the route/airports, and it just didn't work with specific destinations)

What I was wondering (I've never booked a non-SAS Reward flight so far): This is not a complete list of flights I can book with my SAS Eurobonus points, right?
Old Jul 13, 18, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Arctifox View Post
I played around with the platform recently, but it seemed quite unstable to me. The normal SAS website works fine, but this one often just loaded and loaded without showing results (but I had the impression that it's depending on the route/airports, and it just didn't work with specific destinations)

What I was wondering (I've never booked a non-SAS Reward flight so far): This is not a complete list of flights I can book with my SAS Eurobonus points, right?
Depending on what you mean with complete. As far as I can see, it shows only flights with availability on the given days. Meaning there could be a lot of additional options that are just not available It could also seem that they only show options with one connection.
Old Jul 14, 18, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Depending on what you mean with complete. As far as I can see, it shows only flights with availability on the given days. Meaning there could be a lot of additional options that are just not available It could also seem that they only show options with one connection.
I mean that it shows all flights that I can actually book via SAS, i.e. if I would call them only they wouldn't be able to give me any other flights than the ones listed (except maybe for special requests suchs as longer layover time, of course).
Old Jul 14, 18, 11:08 am

It doesn’t show all the options. E.g. I wanted to book CPH-NYC and it did not show a connection CPH-HAM-MUC-NYC which the agent on the phone was able to put together.

i also looked for some connection in the US, e.g. CPH-MUC-DEN-SFO to get to SFO which was available through United/Air Canada Award search... popped up empty on the SAS search.
Old Jul 14, 18, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy View Post
It doesn’t show all the options. E.g. I wanted to book CPH-NYC and it did not show a connection CPH-HAM-MUC-NYC which the agent on the phone was able to put together.

i also looked for some connection in the US, e.g. CPH-MUC-DEN-SFO to get to SFO which was available through United/Air Canada Award search... popped up empty on the SAS search.
Yeah, it does not seem to show with more than one connection. Which is kind of a problem as it does narrow the options
Old Jul 14, 18, 4:14 pm

I always use the United website. So far the EuroBonus agent was always able to find most flights listet there. Only LH F sometimes is a bit off, seems UA has better access...
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:32 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
For whatever reason, I cannot get this to work at all. The English link on that guy's article does not click through to anything for me, I try logging into the Norwegian site - keeps denying my account credentials, I try using the Danish one and if I click on the search tool, the site doesn't do anything. Actually nothing.

So. I cannot seem to find it on the English version of the SAS website (which was recently changed from the old version to the updated one that NO/SE/DK has had for a long time).... help?
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:45 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by AStarr View Post
For whatever reason, I cannot get this to work at all. The English link on that guy's article does not click through to anything for me, I try logging into the Norwegian site - keeps denying my account credentials, I try using the Danish one and if I click on the search tool, the site doesn't do anything. Actually nothing.

So. I cannot seem to find it on the English version of the SAS website (which was recently changed from the old version to the updated one that NO/SE/DK has had for a long time).... help?
For me as well, it is stone dead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: