FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Booking Star Alliance Award Flights Online Now (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1918765-booking-star-alliance-award-flights-online-now.html)

ThePickyFrequentFliar Jul 7, 2018 10:09 pm

Booking Star Alliance Award Flights Online Now

New here, Just delete if already been mentioned.

I will just share it here to contribute:
SAS SA Award Booking Search

Right now you can't book online yet as you would have to call in within 48 hrs to confirm with them, but when they officialy introduce this(probably after summer), it would be of huge value.

CPH-Flyer Jul 8, 2018 3:19 am

Just the fact that you can search online and see the availability as SK sees it is of huge value IMO. The call to confirm is a minor thing, annoying but manageable.

I'll have to play a bit around with the tool to see what it does and how it does it when I have a bit of spare time.

AStarr Jul 8, 2018 4:59 am

I'd have to fiddle around with that as well... that would be super nice to be able to book those more easily.

Nick Art Jul 8, 2018 8:14 am

That is really cool!

CPH-Flyer Jul 8, 2018 8:20 am

It works pretty well. Only, they have forgotten to make first class searchable ...

ThePickyFrequentFliar Jul 8, 2018 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29950332)
It works pretty well. Only, they have forgotten to make first class searchable ...

Was curious about that as well

fassy Jul 9, 2018 6:03 pm

And you can not use the companion ticket with AMEX...

Arctifox Jul 13, 2018 1:20 pm

I played around with the platform recently, but it seemed quite unstable to me. The normal SAS website works fine, but this one often just loaded and loaded without showing results (but I had the impression that it's depending on the route/airports, and it just didn't work with specific destinations)

What I was wondering (I've never booked a non-SAS Reward flight so far): This is not a complete list of flights I can book with my SAS Eurobonus points, right?

CPH-Flyer Jul 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Arctifox (Post 29970687)
I played around with the platform recently, but it seemed quite unstable to me. The normal SAS website works fine, but this one often just loaded and loaded without showing results (but I had the impression that it's depending on the route/airports, and it just didn't work with specific destinations)

What I was wondering (I've never booked a non-SAS Reward flight so far): This is not a complete list of flights I can book with my SAS Eurobonus points, right?

Depending on what you mean with complete. As far as I can see, it shows only flights with availability on the given days. Meaning there could be a lot of additional options that are just not available It could also seem that they only show options with one connection.

Arctifox Jul 14, 2018 5:09 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29971386)
Depending on what you mean with complete. As far as I can see, it shows only flights with availability on the given days. Meaning there could be a lot of additional options that are just not available It could also seem that they only show options with one connection.

I mean that it shows all flights that I can actually book via SAS, i.e. if I would call them only they wouldn't be able to give me any other flights than the ones listed (except maybe for special requests suchs as longer layover time, of course).

fassy Jul 14, 2018 11:08 am

It doesn’t show all the options. E.g. I wanted to book CPH-NYC and it did not show a connection CPH-HAM-MUC-NYC which the agent on the phone was able to put together.

i also looked for some connection in the US, e.g. CPH-MUC-DEN-SFO to get to SFO which was available through United/Air Canada Award search... popped up empty on the SAS search.

CPH-Flyer Jul 14, 2018 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 29973396)
It doesn’t show all the options. E.g. I wanted to book CPH-NYC and it did not show a connection CPH-HAM-MUC-NYC which the agent on the phone was able to put together.

i also looked for some connection in the US, e.g. CPH-MUC-DEN-SFO to get to SFO which was available through United/Air Canada Award search... popped up empty on the SAS search.

Yeah, it does not seem to show with more than one connection. Which is kind of a problem as it does narrow the options

fassy Jul 14, 2018 4:14 pm

I always use the United website. So far the EuroBonus agent was always able to find most flights listet there. Only LH F sometimes is a bit off, seems UA has better access...

AStarr Jul 19, 2018 6:32 am

For whatever reason, I cannot get this to work at all. The English link on that guy's article does not click through to anything for me, I try logging into the Norwegian site - keeps denying my account credentials, I try using the Danish one and if I click on the search tool, the site doesn't do anything. Actually nothing.

So. I cannot seem to find it on the English version of the SAS website (which was recently changed from the old version to the updated one that NO/SE/DK has had for a long time).... help?

Tango Alpha Jul 19, 2018 6:45 am

Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 29990520)
For whatever reason, I cannot get this to work at all. The English link on that guy's article does not click through to anything for me, I try logging into the Norwegian site - keeps denying my account credentials, I try using the Danish one and if I click on the search tool, the site doesn't do anything. Actually nothing.

So. I cannot seem to find it on the English version of the SAS website (which was recently changed from the old version to the updated one that NO/SE/DK has had for a long time).... help?

For me as well, it is stone dead.