Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Now iíve seen it all...And doesnít reimburse.

Old Jun 12, 18, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum

So Iím in the gold area of the Oslo SAS lounge... After brushing my teeth and setting the toothbrush case and toothpaste to the side by the sink, I went to a stall. Someone stole my used wet toothbrush in its case and the toothpaste in those couple minutes!

There arenít many women in the gold lounge. They werenít in any garbage cans either and staff donít know about it, so it had to be a visitor. Iím now out about $10 for a new toothbrush, case and little cleaner brush here. SAS doesnít care and doesnít reimburse. You might say I am ďdown in the mouthď about it (pun intended).

Iíll open this up to see if anyone has had anything unusual (or humorous) like this happen in a lounge or somewhere similar.
Old Jun 12, 18, 8:15 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Perhaps cleaning staff thought you'd finished with it with intent to throw it away? That would be some fast cleaning on SAS's part ... they do seem ninja-like with the restrooms though.

Somehow by magic any item I've lost in a SAS lounge has been found either by me or a stranger or staff and returned to me. I've chased down a few folks for their dropped/forgotten baby items, mobile phones, et cetera.
Old Jun 12, 18, 9:53 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by AStarr View Post
Perhaps cleaning staff thought you'd finished with it with intent to throw it away? That would be some fast cleaning on SAS's part ... they do seem ninja-like with the restrooms though.
Agree, I’ve seen this myself, albeit in Singapore. But the lesson here is leave nothing unattended in an airport...

Dalo likes this.
Old Jun 12, 18, 11:19 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by AStarr View Post
Perhaps cleaning staff thought you'd finished with it with intent to throw it away?.
Indeed that is the most likely cause.
Old Jun 12, 18, 12:14 pm

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Well I've had my underwear stolen while staying at a Polish youth hostel so I guess anything can happen!
Old Jun 12, 18, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper View Post
Well I've had my underwear stolen while staying at a Polish youth hostel so I guess anything can happen!

G
Old Jun 12, 18, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I am amazed that anybody would even remotely think of asking to be "reimbursed" for an item they cared so little about that they left it lying on a sink.

That request will likely be posted on the SK employee bulletin board as the "claim of the week".
Old Jun 12, 18, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
I am amazed that anybody would even remotely think of asking to be "reimbursed" for an item they cared so little about that they left it lying on a sink.

That request will likely be posted on the SK employee bulletin board as the "claim of the week".
Yeah, that part did puzzle me a bit. Leaving a personal item unattended in a public space, well semi public anyway, and then hold the operator of the space responsible for the loss.

That being said, I often leave my things rather unattended in lounges around the world, by the seat, and I have never lost anything. So my guess would be that an over zealous cleaner was in play here.
Often1, redrob, zeer0 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 18, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Yeah, that part did puzzle me a bit. Leaving a personal item unattended in a public space, well semi public anyway, and then hold the operator of the space responsible for the loss.

That being said, I often leave my things rather unattended in lounges around the world, by the seat, and I have never lost anything. So my guess would be that an over zealous cleaner was in play here.
I too have a good experience with leaving things unattended in lounges. But, if I left a toothbrush unattended and walked away where I could not be seen, I would not complain if it were tossed.
redrob and chitink like this.
Old Jun 13, 18, 6:28 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
I once "lost" a coat in the CPH Gold lounge. It was kinda late, and I decided to use restrooms before heading off to a gate, to a slightly delayed departure. I did take my backpack, but left the coat unattended on the hanger. When I came out, the lounge was deserted. In these 5 minutes every other pax have left. I have only seen odd cleaning people. And the coat was gone! I inquired in the reception, and there they had it They already managed to store it as lost-and-found object that nobody cares for
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Jun 13, 18, 7:48 pm

Sure would be nice if SAS reimbursed for items that mysteriously disappeared while left unattended in their lounges. I may have had an iPhone X that was laying over there just now...
Old Jun 13, 18, 9:22 pm

You CANNOT use a throw away line like THAT and then fail to tell the whole story!!!! Come on!!!! All the grim details please!!! LOL
AStarr likes this.
Old Jun 14, 18, 5:06 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
They already managed to store it as lost-and-found object that nobody cares for
Like l said: ninjas! It's amazing.
Old Jun 14, 18, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
You CANNOT use a throw away line like THAT and then fail to tell the whole story!!!! Come on!!!! All the grim details please!!! LOL
It would be a good story if the underwear was being worn at the time. If no underwear was worn at the time of the theft, that would be another good story but probably TMI.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jun 14, 18, 5:20 am

Did you have your underwear on at the time it was stolen?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: