Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Online check-in now available more than 22h in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties

Yesterday I was viewing a booking (on the new sas.se) I have with SK from DUS, about 30h before the flight. I noticed that there was a button saying "Check-in now" which I clicked and I was able to successfully check in to the flight. My seq was 002 so I'm not the only one who was able to do this (unless the 001 is a connecting flight via DUS).

All online documentation still says check-in opens 22h before the flight. Does anyone know if this has now changed?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:41 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
SK online checkin has always been open earlier than the advertised 22hrs. I typically check in 30hrs before a flight when I am in Go. I don't think this is new.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:09 am

Even without the check-in now message popping up (same on the App), the system allows on-line check-in 36 hours prior to the scheduled departure time. Nothing new.

G
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
It looks like it depends where you are! On my recent trip OSL-ARN-LAX I could check in 36 hours before departure. For the return LAX-ARN-OSL I was only able to check in 24 hours before departure!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
So it seems the 22h is a minimum time before the check-in opens, I didn't know - thanks!
Old May 31, 2018, 4:08 am

Hello
I booked a ticket with SAS. First leg is operated by Lufthansa, second and 3rd by SAS.
Will I be able to checkin online?
If yes, on Lufthansa or SAS website?
Thank you
Old May 31, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by westw
Hello
I booked a ticket with SAS. First leg is operated by Lufthansa, second and 3rd by SAS.
Will I be able to checkin online?
If yes, on Lufthansa or SAS website?
Thank you
You can likely check in on the Lufthansa site. It may be that the conneting SAS-fights can be checked in on the SAS webpage as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.