Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus Diamond (EBD) benefits! Actual experiences and improvement suggestions

Eurobonus Diamond (EBD) benefits! Actual experiences and improvement suggestions

Old May 13, 18, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire

I thought this maybe a fun thread to talk about EBD benefits, both current ones and how they work or dont as well as suggestions for possible future benefits.

Perhap this way we dont clog up the lack of courtesy upgrades thread
Old May 13, 18, 4:20 am

They could perhaps reinstate lounge access for EBD members only, even though I appreciate that Iceland winning the forthcoming World Cup would possibly result in better odds.

G
Old May 13, 18, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
They could perhaps reinstate lounge access for EBD members only, even though I appreciate that Iceland winning the forthcoming World Cup would possibly result in better odds.

G
Im not sure I follow? Or do you refer to a open door policy ie access for EBD regardless of airline flown?
Old May 13, 18, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Im not sure I follow? Or do you refer to a open door policy ie access for EBD regardless of airline flown?
Sorry @kauppias, I meant lounge access at outstations (or third party lounges, should you wish) when flying SAS. To me (at least up to the time when I was flying SAS on a regular basis), it was a major inconvenience; I would indeed class this as suggestion towards 'continuous improvement'. That aside, I read about seat blocking on the other thread - to me it used to work 9 times out of 10 (on SAS) and it still works when flying LOT, but I believe this is a [possibly hidden] perk of *G.

G
Old May 13, 18, 5:52 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I assume AlicorporateUK refers to lounge access at airports where there is no star alliance lounge. I am though doubtful that this will be introduced any time soon.
@kauppias and the list you published before:
  • I agree that increased point earnings for EBD might be a nice feature, e.g. 30% for EBD while only 20% for EBG.
  • Upgrade vouchers might be nice, but I got a considerable amount of long-distance courtesy-upgrades last year (5x), so I am happy with how it is.
  • I would maybe add Check-in allowance with Go Light fares for EBD (as it has been terminated now)
  • I experienced that I received a seat block especially when travelling in an (almost) full Plus cabin. I though don't want to make it a requirement. It is better to have it soft and keep Plus prices low. I really like the intra-european service model for Plus. It makes much more economical and ecological sense in my opinion than the fixed block in LH business.
What I miss most though is a more flexible booking system. The booking of more complicated fares is so painful on SK website and often you have to look through 3-4 third party booking engines to ticket open-jar flights. It would give SAS significantly more business from my side.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old May 13, 18, 6:38 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
What I would like to see is complimentary same day changes at departure day given availability. And I mean confirmed ones.

Originally Posted by herwig View Post
  • I experienced that I received a seat block especially when travelling in an (almost) full Plus cabin. I though don't want to make it a requirement. It is better to have it soft and keep Plus prices low. I really like the intra-european service model for Plus. It makes much more economical and ecological sense in my opinion than the fixed block in LH business.
We are living in different worlds. Nowadays I cannot see much reason for buying intra-European Plus but to earn more status points. Too often SK is too expensive compared to LH C for me. Or if you want we can flip it: LH C has often a too low price for my travel pattern and a way better product on top of that.
SK_RSJ and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old May 13, 18, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by herwig View Post
I assume AlicorporateUK refers to lounge access at airports where there is no star alliance lounge.
That's correct, thanks.

G
Old May 13, 18, 7:11 am
Original Poster

I like the plus cabin intra europe but on longhaul I am seeing a decline. Even though SK corporate told me that all snacks are included in the plus fare, on The last few flights I have taken in plus they have refused anything other then the gummy candy and dry nuts

Even in J I could not get a marabou bar from the plus menu before it was NOT a problem. So I stopped upgrading from GO to PLUS nor am I buying plus IF I am allready re qualified for EBD as I get The exit seat in GO and free drinks anyways. As I am allergic to Fish the meal is the same too

But one would hope SK would up their game atleast where there is little extra cost to them or even NO extra costs. I fear thirdparty lpu ges are not coming back as that costs them money but it would be a GREAT gesture for them to offer that to EBD and could result in making some push for EBD over gold...
Old May 13, 18, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
What I would like to see is complimentary same day changes at departure day given availability. And I mean confirmed ones.

We are living in different worlds. Nowadays I cannot see much reason for buying intra-European Plus but to earn more status points. Too often SK is too expensive compared to LH C for me. Or if you want we can flip it: LH C has often a too low price for my travel pattern and a way better product on top of that.

LH does indeed have some great J fares intra europe unfortunately allmost all of them are P atleast the ones I have seen. Some are Z one way but the other is P as a points addict I cannot book a cash fare with zero earnings 😂😂
Old May 13, 18, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
LH does indeed have some great J fares intra europe unfortunately allmost all of them are P atleast the ones I have seen. Some are Z one way but the other is P as a points addict I cannot book a cash fare with zero earnings 😂😂
Just to set this right: LH P earns intra-Europe 750 EB points for non-domestic flights. That makes in my case 3000 points in total compared to around 5600 points on "cheap" Plus. I must be really desperate for points to pick Plus over LH P fares.
Old May 13, 18, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Just to set this right: LH P earns intra-Europe 750 EB points for non-domestic flights. That makes in my case 3000 points in total compared to around 5600 points on "cheap" Plus. I must be really desperate for points to pick Plus over LH P fares.

Has this been the case for long?

The last time I looked (which was awhile ago ) it was. 0%

I may have to open that possibility 😁

Sure enough

Glad I learned something new today. Still only 100% for Longhaul but better then zero. Thank you
Old May 13, 18, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)

The price of flexible Plus tickets beats Lufthansa out of the water Especially with Lufthansa always wanting to reprice you up to full fare business class on short notice changes even if the cabin is almost empty.
I always need flexibility in my tickets, and the price point for that on SK is a very strong plus for me. I have rebooked, cancelled either first or second leg of a return, even gotten a refund for rebooking to a lower fare bucket. In that aspect I find Euro Plus an excellent product.
Old May 13, 18, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The price of flexible Plus tickets beats Lufthansa out of the water Especially with Lufthansa always wanting to reprice you up to full fare business class on short notice changes even if the cabin is almost empty.
They changed it at least last year so that Flex tickets can now be changed to an earlier flight on the day of departure, The previous setting was ridiculous so that it was cheaper to get a Classic ticket and pay the change fee or even only buy Light.
Old May 13, 18, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
They changed it at least last year so that Flex tickets can now be changed to an earlier flight on the day of departure, The previous setting was ridiculous so that it was cheaper to get a Classic ticket and pay the change fee or even only buy Light.
That's a good change, the other habit was indeed ridiculous. Thry also changed that a lot of the Intra Euro flex tickets issue in P but that is a less positive side. I'll have to check them for pricing next time I need a ticket where LH can be relevant
Old May 14, 18, 8:21 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBD (*G), BA Bronze, KLM Gold, Emirates Silver
I would like the following, that would be cheap:
- Confirmed upgrades (possible to use for others), instead of courtesy - maybe just a few like LH
- Possibility to take earlier flight on all SAS Plus fares (or xx vouchers for same). SN has it on all B.light fares and up. In reality you use it rarely, but when you do its fantastic to be home earlier than planned.
I think the idea of + 20 % for Gold and + 30 % for EBD and 1 free suitcase on light fares for Golds and 2 for Diamonds (or 1 each) makes sense.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: