Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

TSA Pre-Check & Global Entry with SAS

TSA Pre-Check & Global Entry with SAS

Old May 3, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
That's crazy. I asked at checkin for the Pre Check line. They told me "Up the stairs to the RIGHT!"
Old May 3, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by runarbg
That's crazy. I asked at checkin for the Pre Check line. They told me "Up the stairs to the RIGHT!"
The pre check line at TBIT is relatively new, a lot of travellers used to jog over to T4 to get a pre check line.

Maybe the staff are not to used to it.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I wasn’t sure which side it was on and ended up arbitrarily going up the left stairs. For what it’s worth, PreCheck wouldn’t have made a difference in the end judging by my experience today/yesterday (well, I suppose I went through a metal detector instead of the body scanner, but still ...).

The TSA officer scanning boarding passes said it wouldn’t have helped going through T4 either. Some kind of problem with the boarding passes not scanning properly. She mentioned they only opened the TBIT PreCheck line two weeks ago, so maybe the next time through they’ll have worked things out?
Old May 4, 2018, 4:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Don’t the stairs still come up from more than one side?

Also, PreCheck at TBIT is relatively new.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Don’t the stairs still come up from more than one side?

Yes, left and right. I was told to take the Right stairs for Pre Check, but NO Pre Check there.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Any updates on whether tsa pre line is working at lax now for sas passengers. I’m flying business, if that matter for the best line to choose. Thanks
Old May 21, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zoechow
Any updates on whether tsa pre line is working at lax now for sas passengers. I’m flying business, if that matter for the best line to choose. Thanks
It works. I think people's challenge was just finding the Pre-Check line due to poor signposting.....
zoechow likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It works. I think people's challenge was just finding the Pre-Check line due to poor signposting.....
cph-flyer, you’re the best. Thanks so much for all your help.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:49 pm

TSA precheck at ORD T5 is kind of ridiculous. There is a precheck line that is combined with the usual priority line, which folds into the normal line to get to passport check. Then after getting to the passport check, they give you a card which says you are precheck. Then you join any line - no precheck only lines - and you have to remove laptop and liquids, but you get to keep your shoes on and go through the metal detector. You save almost no time.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:45 pm

my experience... Checked in sas business class Tbit. Lady said go to right. I knew to go to left. Found tsa pre.
Lady looked at card and said,” no, you go to the regular line. “ I showed her the words “tsa pre”. She said ok. Through quickly. But behind an a380 worth if flight attendants.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoechow
my experience... Checked in sas business class Tbit. Lady said go to right. I knew to go to left. Found tsa pre.
Lady looked at card and said,” no, you go to the regular line. “ I showed her the words “tsa pre”. She said ok. Through quickly. But behind an a380 worth if flight attendants.
That's still far better than behind and an A380 worth of passengers....
zoechow likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I am seeing TSA Pre even on the SK boarding passes of people with no numbers entered into the KTN field. Even on boarding passes for departures out of at least ARN and CPH — airports where it’s more or less meaningless when flying SK.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AA PLT
Where do you go to add a KTN on SAS's site? Can't find it anywhere.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Where do you go to add a KTN on SAS's site? Can't find it anywhere.
don't have an reservation with SK at the moment but I think you can add it at the same place where you enter the APIS stuff. Open your booking and go to the APIS section.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The TSA has just announced that SK will join Pre-Check.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...ional-airlines
Well. Until Denmark is added to the list of countries which can apply for Global Entry, it doesn't really matter to me. :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.