Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK Fast track @ CPH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Sure, but arriving from Tokyo on UA would be some messed up routing
Arriving on UA in CPH would be pretty unusual from anywhere these days....

Or did I miss a route expansion?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:08 pm

True, read OP‘s post wrongly... I think OP is arriving on SK being UA*G.

I read OP is *A Gold flying with UA and SK to CPH, e.g. US-LHR-CPH
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
True, read OP‘s post wrongly... I think OP is arriving on SK being UA*G.

I read OP is *A Gold flying with UA and SK to CPH, e.g. US-LHR-CPH
The question is indeed a bit confusing....
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:55 pm

Is there a way to "buy" fast track at CPH? Going to purchase a "GO" ticket through United and want to add fast track. No status.

Going to use the PP lounge and not worth the extra 20k miles just for fast track.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Is there a way to "buy" fast track at CPH? Going to purchase a "GO" ticket through United and want to add fast track. No status.

Going to use the PP lounge and not worth the extra 20k miles just for fast track.
No, they have not started selling that as an add on yet.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
It has been a while since I was forced to use regular security at CPH but my experiences have always been that it usually isn't that bloody - there are lots of screeners. In my experience using SK fast track, the signs showing waiting times at regular security never seem to show more than 10 minutes and usually closer to 3 - 4 minutes. But I haven't flown CPH during this pandemic, so things may be worse.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JR67
It has been a while since I was forced to use regular security at CPH but my experiences have always been that it usually isn't that bloody - there are lots of screeners. In my experience using SK fast track, the signs showing waiting times at regular security never seem to show more than 10 minutes and usually closer to 3 - 4 minutes. But I haven't flown CPH during this pandemic, so things may be worse.
The times I have been departing from CPH during the pandemic it has certainly been fast track for any track. But as Europe starts to reopen that may change.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 3:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JR67
It’s definitely not worse than before the pandemic. At least not yet.

The main screening checkpoint at CPH has not involved more than a 5 minute wait for me at any point during this pandemic so far — and even that 4-5 minutes was due to a passenger or two being slow or messing up things with me being unwilling to move over to another lane of sorts. That said, I’ve been flying at the times when the TK and ME airline crowds and sun/charter flights aren’t keeping some check-in lines busy. I did use fast track at ARN yesterday, and it is more needed there by me than at CPH.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:17 pm

My booking says "SAS GO Bonus" and the code is X. Doing a quick google translate, it looks like I may get fast track anyway? or maybe I need a co-branded credit card? I'm lost.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The times I have been departing from CPH during the pandemic it has certainly been fast track for any track.
Not always. I've experienced occasions when there was only one single lane open, and the wait was plenty long. One time they managed to find some staff somewhere to open a second lane, but even that didn't help much.

Johan
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saaveraward
My booking says "SAS GO Bonus" and the code is X. Doing a quick google translate, it looks like I may get fast track anyway? or maybe I need a co-branded credit card? I'm lost.
No you do not get fast track - booking class X is economy award, so nothing fancy. You get what you pay for, I’m afraid. Co-branded credit cards will not get you what you want either.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
No you do not get fast track - booking class X is economy award, so nothing fancy. You get what you pay for, I’m afraid. Co-branded credit cards will not get you what you want either.
Partner airline award tickets booked into SAS economy class included Fast Track at ARN for UA*G and A3*Gs this week. The SAS mobile boarding passes said “SAS Fast Track” on them and worked automatically at the self-scan fast track at ARN for UA*GS and A3*Gs on economy class award tickets issued by various non-European carriers for SAS economy class intra-European flights.

saaveraward should see what the SAS mobile boarding pass put onto a phone shows. If it says SAS Fast Track above the machine-readable square code, then it should work when and where SAS Fast Track is open.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 12, 2021 at 9:18 am
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

saaveraward should see what the SAS mobile boarding pass put onto a phone shows. If it says SAS Fast Track above the machine-readable square code, then it should work when and where SAS Fast Track is open.
Flight isn't open for check in yet so I can't see a QR code, but will definitely look closer to the flight. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Partner airline award tickets booked into SAS economy class included Fast Track at ARN for UA*G and A3*Gs this week. The SAS mobile boarding passes said “SAS Fast Track” on them and worked automatically at the self-scan fast track at ARN for UA*GS and A3*Gs on economy class award tickets issued by various non-European carriers for SAS economy class intra-European flights.

In the initial post from saaveraward asking there is the not too unimportant note of "no status", So the boarding is not going to show anything about fasttrack on an Go award ticket.
​​​​​
DrinkSlinger likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In the initial post from saaveraward asking there is the not too unimportant note of "no status", So the boarding is not going to show anything about fasttrack on an Go award ticket.
​​​​​
As the proverbial saying goes, “it’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings”. Let’s see what the boarding pass tosses up for that FTer.

In the original context of this thread, “no status” with regard to SAS Fast Track would also include SAS economy class flyers in X award space who are UA*G, A3*G and most other airline programs’ *Gs since such status meant no status with regard to SAS Fast Track. But it appears to me that things have changed this year, as I’m seeing SAS X coming with SAS Fast Track now for UA and A3*Gs in a way that wasn’t the case pre-pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.