Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Hafnia
Has anyone had any recent communication from Member Service re LTG?
I have a strong feeling this is dead in the water. And will remain so.

The promise after the initial few was to announce in 2018. I have my doubts that will happen. But let's see....
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kjsaw
Login here: https://diamond.flysas.com/login/ choose Kontact.

Based on my interactions, it is 10 years consecutive.
If it’s 10 consecutive years, that means that heavy users of parental leave benefits will be even more underrepresented in the ranks of the lifetime EBG than would otherwise be the case. I would have hoped that someone in SAS would consider that maybe 15 of 20 years being EBG is better than 10 of 20 years being EBG.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:39 am

Merely a data point here but I had a conversation last week with customer services asking, amongst other things, whether a soft landing to EBG would still count towards LTG and if indeed the latter is going to be heralded at some point in the near future the answer was yes to both questions (not that I necessarily believe them but, again, a data point from my side).

G
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If it’s 10 consecutive years, that means that heavy users of parental leave benefits will be even more underrepresented in the ranks of the lifetime EBG than would otherwise be the case. I would have hoped that someone in SAS would consider that maybe 15 of 20 years being EBG is better than 10 of 20 years being EBG.
Taking parental leave is as much a choice as chasing lifetime elitestatus with an airline. Pick and choose.
JR67 and East_and_West like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Taking parental leave is as much a choice as chasing lifetime elitestatus with an airline. Pick and choose.
The airline can pick and choose, but I don’t see how 10 consecutive years of EBG status is more valuable to the airline than say 9 years of EBG followed by a 1 year break followed by 3 years of EBG and 3 years of EBD unless the latter is done on substantially lower fare tickets than the former.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The airline can pick and choose, but I don’t see how 10 consecutive years of EBG status is more valuable to the airline than say 9 years of EBG followed by a 1 year break followed by 3 years of EBG and 3 years of EBD unless the latter is done on substantially lower fare tickets than the former.
I find the whole consecutive/non-consecutive discussion completely pointless, SK would do better copying their more successful competitors and bring a million miler style life-time achievement to EB. You can have 10 year EBG and still not even remotely be a frequent flyer, the same for EBD. Doing those 2x TATL trips a year just to renew Gold is hilarious.

Require a million flown kilometers or 500/1000 flights instead and reward actual frequent flyers with lifetime status. They already support the tracking of such travel in the EB Apps today.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

Require a million flown kilometers or 500/1000 flights instead and reward actual frequent flyers with lifetime status. They already support the tracking of such travel in the EB Apps today.
In my app this tracking stopped updating when they upgraded their systems. Is the same true for others?

I agree with you that 10 consequtive years of Gold is an odd requirement. Gold is easy to get and for anyone who changes jobs, goes on parental leave, has surgety or otherwise may fail to make that even if they are flying millions of kilometers with SAS and never takes another flight. That is just silly.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
The Liftime Gold (now independed of age) has finally been made official:

'SAS will also introduce a new version of Lifetime Gold membership to reward the most dedicated members.

Travelers of any age can be awarded Lifetime Gold, if they qualify for minimum SAS EuroBonus Gold status through either basic point accrual or qualifying flight segments during ten consecutive years.'

No more information is provided.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha

'SAS will also introduce a new version of Lifetime Gold membership to reward the most dedicated members.

Travelers of any age can be awarded Lifetime Gold, if they qualify for minimum SAS EuroBonus Gold status through either basic point accrual or qualifying flight segments during ten consecutive years.'

So they have made yet another unsubstantiated statement, that does not contain anything more than their earlier statements on the topic?

Details to follow in 2019?

​​https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-eurobonus-introduces-point-sharing-and-lifetime-gold/

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 10, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:01 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha

I need to know no more. Only nine more years to go
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
The consecutive years really kill it for me, but no suprise there. Just finished my flying for the year, 100% of my SK flights departed abdarrived LATE in 2018 😂 allmost made it on the last flight except at pushback a AC fault
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Can be found here now!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Yeah, it is live now.
Sad for me, I am just about to qualify my 10th year but the meter shows only 3 years as I had a break-year in between. And I have a friend who got lifetime-gold last year being under 60 years old and non-consecutive years and I built my hopes that I would qualify as well but now it is a NO-NO. Sad feeling but such is life. I have had really lousy luck with SAS last years, always "missing the candy last minute", but no drama here I have other good berries to reap elsewhere
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:34 am

At least they start counting 2002, I thought they might start at 0 for all 2018

Important note: "For a year to qualify for Lifetime Gold, however, you’ll need to requalify for at least Gold status during each qualifying period.", so soft landing from EBD to EBG won't work! On the other hand the basic points from AMEX and MasterCard should qualify...

EDIT, revising my previous statement... looks like points from AMEX and MasterCard do not qualify! in the account overview, they post now in the "points" column, not in the "basic points"column like they did previously. So, you need to FLY for at least 45.000 basic points each qualifying year. Not possible to cheat of 32.000 basic points (AMEX+MasterCard).

Last edited by fassy; Dec 12, 2018 at 11:52 am
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Looks like I am 2/10 there so I will live without it 😁😁 perhaps if if they counted 10 years total but not worth it, though I am glad that CC points are not counted as those are not available to all yet for those affected that really SUCKS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.