Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Jainzar
If you are Diamond and do not qualify for Gold or higher after the Diamond expiration you are only downgraded to Gold.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by EFRV
Did you obtain it yet? I heard today, if you qualify with legs (45 legs or so), that would not count. This was advised by SAS-agent. This would read in terms and conditions. Does anyone have confirmed statement or knowledge, both or only 45k miles annually would be counted? I cannot find any printed info of this....

EFRV
After some email exchanges with gold support i’ve been told I will. However i’ve have not received anything in the mail, so who knows.

i guess I will find out when they do the official roll out.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kjsaw

After some email exchanges with gold support i’ve been told I will. However i’ve have not received anything in the mail, so who knows.

i guess I will find out if they do the official roll out.
Fixed that for you

Was the unofficial line not August? So another loosy stated deadline almost ready to come and go without any action
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Fixed that for you

Was the unofficial line not August? So another loosy stated deadline almost ready to come and go without any action
I think they were more vague than that, right? - I seem to remember that they said they would roll out in autumn or "second half of 2018" or something similarly vague.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK

I think they were more vague than that, right? - I seem to remember that they said they would roll out in autumn or "second half of 2018" or something similarly vague.
They probably were more vague than I remember. Something like "we will roll it out in second half" with no indication as to second half of what....
SKT-DK and Tango Alpha like this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
They probably were more vague than I remember. Something like "we will roll it out in second half" with no indication as to second half of what....
Something like, second half of 2017+X = roll-out

(and before somebody reminds me that it is now 2018, 2017 was the initial year they claimed to want to launch LTG)
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Something like, second half of 2017+X = roll-out

(and before somebody reminds me that it is now 2018, 2017 was the initial year they claimed to want to launch LTG)
There was the announcement, that hinted at second half 2017, and there was even some info on the website. The info did get removed again though. Then there was a semi announcement spring 2018, which I think was never made by SK directly, but a few select lucky people did receive a letter with the status.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:14 pm

There was the announcement, that hinted at second half 2017, and there was even some info on the website. The info did get removed again though. Then there was a semi announcement spring 2018, which I think was never made by SK directly, but a few select lucky people did receive a letter with the status.
Exactly - makes you wonder if it will ever happen, or it will stay as something unofficial.
I can confirm that a letter did go out to a select few though, myself being one
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kjsaw

i guess I will find out when they do the official roll out.
How did you email? I am Diamond and I don't have even email address of any Diamond support.

Speaking of theme, I rang SAS hotline and it connected me to Estonian call centere where I asked about how many Gold years I have counting for Lifetime. They said I have 7. I asked if those years have to be consecutive years to count for LTG and how many then I would have, and they answered yes it has to be consecutive gold years and I have 7 of those. I know I have about 10 years of being Gold but not consecutive years, and I had a pause some 4-5 years ago so I am 100% sure I don't have 7 consecutive years of Gold. Confusing me and I wonder if I can trust the call center at all. Maybe I have to double check with a Swedish hotline. Go figure.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
How did you email? I am Diamond and I don't have even email address of any Diamond support.

Speaking of theme, I rang SAS hotline and it connected me to Estonian call centere where I asked about how many Gold years I have counting for Lifetime. They said I have 7. I asked if those years have to be consecutive years to count for LTG and how many then I would have, and they answered yes it has to be consecutive gold years and I have 7 of those. I know I have about 10 years of being Gold but not consecutive years, and I had a pause some 4-5 years ago so I am 100% sure I don't have 7 consecutive years of Gold. Confusing me and I wonder if I can trust the call center at all. Maybe I have to double check with a Swedish hotline. Go figure.
Login here: https://diamond.flysas.com/login/ choose Kontact.

Based on my interactions, it is 10 years consecutive.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:24 am

Fixed that for you

Yes. thanks for the correction Sadly necessary.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
I know I have about 10 years of being Gold but not consecutive years, and I had a pause some 4-5 years ago so I am 100% sure I don't have 7 consecutive years of Gold.
Well, that makes you still LTG at the age of 60. So no need to credit anything to EB anymore if you can wait.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that makes you still LTG at the age of 60. So no need to credit anything to EB anymore if you can wait.
If they are keeping that version around....
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Wait patience is not my virtue and I want to stay young forever

Well I can probably tweak TK Gold along the way or cherrypick status matches until then

Anyway, I shot an email to SAS Sweden now, wait and see the answer
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
any recent updates?

Has anyone had any recent communication from Member Service re LTG?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.