Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
This is really interesting. I'll definetly start this year and hope the airline and program will stick around for another ten years! Fingers crossed!
Anybody else who'll start trying to earn 10 years of Eurobonus Gold with me?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
It needs to stay around for more than 10 years for this to be beneficial to you ...
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Am I the only (qualified) one that haven’t received the confirmation?

Seems to be a real letter?

Have been Gold+ for some 22 years in a row, so I expect to be granted Gold for double lifetime
I haven't received it either, is there any way to look up if you where awarded Gold lifetime status? (This is similar to SK never upgrading me to Pandion while outflying and outspending at least the two I know of on SK metal).
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I haven't received it either, is there any way to look up if you where awarded Gold lifetime status? (This is similar to SK never upgrading me to Pandion while outflying and outspending at least the two I know of on SK metal).
According to the people who got the letter, there is no visible change in their profile as they currently hold the status by basic points as well.

According to the article in the opening post, they were doing a few now as soft launch and full launch in August (I think it was). Let's see what happens when....
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kjsaw

I did not get it yet either. Gold for the last 12 years.
Did you obtain it yet? I heard today, if you qualify with legs (45 legs or so), that would not count. This was advised by SAS-agent. This would read in terms and conditions. Does anyone have confirmed statement or knowledge, both or only 45k miles annually would be counted? I cannot find any printed info of this....

EFRV
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by EFRV
Did you obtain it yet? I heard today, if you qualify with legs (45 legs or so), that would not count. This was advised by SAS-agent. This would read in terms and conditions. Does anyone have confirmed statement or knowledge, both or only 45k miles annually would be counted? I cannot find any printed info of this....

EFRV

I have a hard time beleiving this

Gold is Gold so I would not see SK making such a silly distinguishment!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kauppias
I have a hard time beleiving this

Gold is Gold so I would not see SK making such a silly distinguishment!
What actually funnied me is, I have now - according to the SAS-agent only seven years on my belt, and I have been Gold/Diamond since 2009. And, I started to think, if one travels 90 legs e.g. in Scandinavia, all short hops. 10 years in the row, and receives max44000 points annually (as for this examples sake). He/She would be thrilled to hear: "Sorry, only miles counts".

Nevertheless, I would dearly like to see an official statement of SAS in any form. I am not the only one, who might be affected.

EFRV
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Nevertheless, I would dearly like to see an official statement of SAS in any form. I am not the only one, who might be affected.
It is now 4 months since it was published via the press and some people got their EBG for life cards and still no details on SAS' side. I wonder if they manage this year.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by Jainzar
It is now 4 months since it was published via the press and some people got their EBG for life cards and still no details on SAS' side. I wonder if they manage this year.
What? You doubt the abilities of SK IT? You are probably the only one! ;-)
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
What actually funnied me is, I have now - according to the SAS-agent only seven years on my belt, and I have been Gold/Diamond since 2009. And, I started to think, if one travels 90 legs e.g. in Scandinavia, all short hops. 10 years in the row, and receives max44000 points annually (as for this examples sake). He/She would be thrilled to hear: "Sorry, only miles counts".

EFRV
Don’t belive a random SAS-person. As stated above: Gold is Gold.

Besides, SAS strugles to know who has 10 years of Gold, so sorting out who earned it in which way would be another impossible task for SAS IT.
EFRV likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:08 pm
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Have been Gold+ for some 22 years in a row, so I expect to be granted Gold for double lifetime
You can always tell them that since you have qualified more than twice they can give a second card to, hmmmm, me! (unless you need it for afterlife and then afterparty.)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:08 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G

Don’t belive a random SAS-person. As stated above: Gold is Gold.

Besides, SAS strugles to know who has 10 years of Gold, so sorting out who earned it in which way would be another impossible task for SAS IT.
It has been stated that gifted Gold doesn't count, so Gold is not always Gold.

It would be totally illogical to exclude those earning Gold by sectors, though, as they have actually to earn their Gold solely on SAS (and/or WF), whereas Gold on points can be earned without flying a single sector on SK. I would say that persons flying 45 sectors on SK each year for ten years are more loyal SK customers than passengers flying a single yearly C R/T Europe-Australia on SQ for ten years!
radu likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:19 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Actually the absolute minimum points needed to qualify for SK EBG would be 4500 the first year, and 5625 the following years. On qualifing domestic routes in Norway, WF awards 100 EB points for the cheapest fares (SK gives 250), so 45 sectors on WF will give Gold, but might give as little as 4500 points,
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by gentoo
I hope that it is the case that a soft landing to Gold still counts as one year. Finalcall.travel states the opposite:
Probably a stupid question, and sorry for that. But what is a soft landing to Gold?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Probably a stupid question, and sorry for that. But what is a soft landing to Gold?
If you are Diamond and do not qualify for Gold or higher after the Diamond expiration you are only downgraded to Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.