Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lifetime Gold Status Is Here (Finally)

SAS Lifetime Gold Status Is Here (Finally)

Old Mar 23, 18, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by AStarr View Post
This would be a wrench in things... SAS Gold Status already seems a bit different than other *A Gold. There's a few inconsistencies that have made me feel like having gold with SAS is somehow not as good as gold with other *A partners (what with the lounges and all, argh, do the rest of them have this problem?).

They could make achieving SAS Gold a bit more difficult... it does seem somewhat easy to achieve unless one is flying strictly within the Nordic countries or domestic flights.

Or both. Or neither. Or something else. Who knows. Maybe they'll paint the planes with unicorns next.
What inconsistencies are you thinking off?

The cut they did to lounges and fast tracks would be the same if you fly SK with Lufthansa *G. Or if you flew Lufthansa from those airports as SK *G you will still get lounge access and fast track. So the SK gold card is in this case not worth more or less than the Lufthansa one, SK's service levels to their passengers is different.
​​​​​
Old Mar 24, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
What inconsistencies are you thinking off?

The cut they did to lounges and fast tracks would be the same if you fly SK with Lufthansa *G. Or if you flew Lufthansa from those airports as SK *G you will still get lounge access and fast track. So the SK gold card is in this case not worth more or less than the Lufthansa one, SK's service levels to their passengers is different.
​​​​​

And therein lies my confused perception of things. Fair enough. Still trying to untangle the web of what is SK and what is coming from elite status. It's still my first year of any significant status with an airline that I actually get to use - so confusing. The grass tends to look greener on the other side quite often
Old Mar 24, 18, 3:29 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
They probably need a differentiator for lifetime Diamond as it would otherwise make no difference. Unless you get to pick ...... goodies annualy for the rest of your natural life.
Old Mar 25, 18, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
They probably need a differentiator for lifetime Diamond as it would otherwise make no difference. Unless you get to pick ...... goodies annualy for the rest of your natural life.
They have not indicated that they will do a life time Diamond status. But time will tell, there is still about 6 years until it can become relevant for anyone, assuming it in a similar style as gold would be 10 years consecutive Diamond and Pandion.
Old Mar 25, 18, 4:24 am

Programs: EBG, LCAH Gold, HH Gold, IHG RC GE
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I am fairly sure I did not write that One year of Diamond counts as one year if gold. If you have used the soft landing from Diamond to Gold, it seems that year counts as well based on reports.
I hope that it is the case that a soft landing to Gold still counts as one year. Finalcall.travel states the opposite:
(translated from Danish to English, possible mistakes)
[It does not count toward LTG if] as a Diamond member, you don't re-qualify [for Gold status] again and thus get a softlanding to gold instead of going down to Silver or an even lower level.
Old Mar 25, 18, 9:28 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
That verbiage is impossible to interpret correctly.
gentoo likes this.
Old Mar 25, 18, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gentoo View Post
I hope that it is the case that a soft landing to Gold still counts as one year. Finalcall.travel states the opposite:

Originally Posted by Pallegd View Post

I can confirm that it does. Got the email today, and I had a soft landing from diamond (after a soft landing from pandion)!
There are reports that it works Though it involves Pandion as well. So you never know if they are more lenient.
Old Mar 29, 18, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K (Plt for life), KLM Plt, SAS Diamond, AA Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond for Life
I just spoke with EB and they tell me that it is not a requirement that it be consecutive... Some mixed messages it seems. Maybe different by market?
I was also told that they are only counting from 2009 unless you are above 60.
I guess I should believe the EB representative, but still a bit concerning as I am at 9 years now and have one month to requalify (which I was not planning on doing).
Old Mar 29, 18, 7:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Prytz View Post
I just spoke with EB and they tell me that it is not a requirement that it be consecutive... Some mixed messages it seems. Maybe different by market?
I guess I should believe the EB representative, but still a bit concerning as I am at 9 years now and have one month to requalify (which I was not planning on doing).
It can be that they keep the old qualification requirement, i.e. 10 times qualified which can be non-consecutive and age above 60 and just added the new possibility of 10 times qualified consecutively and no age threshold.
Old Mar 29, 18, 9:45 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Am I the only (qualified) one that haven’t received the confirmation?

Seems to be a real letter?

Have been Gold+ for some 22 years in a row, so I expect to be granted Gold for double lifetime
Old Mar 29, 18, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha View Post
Am I the only (qualified) one that havenít received the confirmation?

Seems to be a real letter?

Have been Gold+ for some 22 years in a row, so I expect to be granted Gold for double lifetime
I would be waiting for a letter as well. I was wondering if the ni Scandinavians by address was later in the processing queue.
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Mar 29, 18, 11:36 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha View Post
Am I the only (qualified) one that havenít received the confirmation?
No. Havenít heard anything either despite I was literally promised LTG last year by Member Service (they later backtracked completely).
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Mar 29, 18, 12:19 pm

I live in Scandinavia and have had consecutive EBG status for last 12 years. My normal qualification period is between Nov-Oct, so I have already received my gold card for existing period. As I have included Diners Club credit card with the gold card, the combined gold card /credit card is always sent to me by Diners Club.I finally got the same confirmation letter of lifetime gold, that some of you have received, by post a week ago, and I have been thinking the same questions; do I get a new card, is it different than normal, etc. So yesterday I received a letter by post from Diners Club. In the letter there was a new gold card, but surprisingly it was identical to the existing one. Validity&expiration date was exactly the same as in the existing card.

So... so far it looks like there will not be any new fancy special EBG card for life, in any way different that the normal one.
Old Mar 29, 18, 1:51 pm

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by Prytz View Post
What? This is totally out of specs with other reports. I strongly suspect you have got information from an agent who is unsure but very willing to invent his/her own interpretations/rules.

I am not gonna believe that language until other reports confirm.
Old Apr 8, 18, 4:49 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
This is really interesting. I'll definetly start this year and hope the airline and program will stick around for another ten years! Fingers crossed!
Anybody else who'll start trying to earn 10 years of Eurobonus Gold with me?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: