Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lifetime Gold Status Is Here (Finally)

SAS Lifetime Gold Status Is Here (Finally)

Old Mar 5, 19, 8:26 am

Lifetime gold -help needed

I had Euro bonus gold status from 2005- 2015, but Eurobonus still wonít approve me for lifetime gold status as they clame I wasnít a gold member until 2006. Iím absolutely certain of which year this was and have printouts of pointstatements from 2005-06 that lists me as a gold member, but according to their files, I didnít meet the point requirements for that year. My theory is that since I live in Norway, there was a different and lower point limit in Norway than in other countries that year, and thus it might look like I didnít have enough points in 2005 , because they now only have the point limit used in other countries the same year.
anybody else with the same problem? Or anybody with any info, links etc on the point limit for Eurobonus gold in Norway in 2005?
Old Mar 5, 19, 8:41 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Guess it depends on when in that qualifying year you reached EBG, and when your qualifying year runs from. If you reached it e.g. in 2006 on the last day, then you did not have ten years. But from your post, you donít seem to have reached any significant status for the past four years, so SAS probably do not have a great incentive to push your case either (sorry to be blunt).
Old Mar 5, 19, 9:03 am

Qualified the first time in Dec 05, the last time in -15, my qualificationperiode runs from March to Feb

And sorry about the double posting, have removed the other one, wa unaware of the rule
Old Mar 5, 19, 7:31 pm

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by tetra View Post
Qualified the first time in Dec 05, the last time in -15, my qualificationperiode runs from March to Feb

And sorry about the double posting, have removed the other one, wa unaware of the rule

I guess SAS might look at it from the first status year, which effectively would be in 2006 then, as you would not really be able to count what remained of your status year as a year. But if you say you re-qualified last time in 2015, that would give you EBG in full year 2016, which would eliminate that problem. Am I understanding you correctly?

I guess this is one of these things where we do not really know SAS' exact definitions - I would expect it to mean 10 full years though.
Old Mar 6, 19, 12:41 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Originally Posted by tetra View Post
I had Euro bonus gold status from 2005- 2015, but Eurobonus still wonít approve me for lifetime gold status as they clame I wasnít a gold member until 2006. Iím absolutely certain of which year this was and have printouts of pointstatements from 2005-06 that lists me as a gold member, but according to their files, I didnít meet the point requirements for that year. My theory is that since I live in Norway, there was a different and lower point limit in Norway than in other countries that year, and thus it might look like I didnít have enough points in 2005 , because they now only have the point limit used in other countries the same year.
anybody else with the same problem? Or anybody with any info, links etc on the point limit for Eurobonus gold in Norway in 2005?
How does your page at https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/lifetime-gold/ look?
Old Mar 7, 19, 2:07 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
OP might have a point with the lower Norwegian threshold, as OP seems to have 10-11 years (app. the years 2006-2016).

I am sure, that the gold threshold was different, depending on where members had their official address. AFAIR Norway had a lower limit, but I don’t remember the limits.

From my old statements I can see, that the limit was lowered from 60.000 to 55.000 points for Danish members around new year 2004/2005.

If some of our Norwegian friends can find a printed point statement from that era, it might help…
Old Mar 7, 19, 2:15 pm

Programs: More than one
Could it be this exceptions you are hitting?
"Flights taken within Norway between August 2002 – May 2013 does not qualifying for LTG due to Government restrictions enforced by Norwegian Competition Authority"
Old Mar 7, 19, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
Could it be this exceptions you are hitting?
"Flights taken within Norway between August 2002 – May 2013 does not qualifying for LTG due to Government restrictions enforced by Norwegian Competition Authority"
The Norwegian government wrote a law saying that you couldn't earn points on domestic flights. About a decade later, the supreme court ruled that the law was incompatible with Norway's EEA obligations, and so earning points was again possible (except on WiderÝe's public service obligation routes). If the person took Norwegian domestic flights during those years, then I suppose that he got zero points and zero segments from them, so this is probably not the issue.
Old Mar 8, 19, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Some person View Post
The Norwegian government wrote a law saying that you couldn't earn points on domestic flights. About a decade later, the supreme court ruled that the law was incompatible with Norway's EEA obligations, and so earning points was again possible (except on WiderÝe's public service obligation routes). If the person took Norwegian domestic flights during those years, then I suppose that he got zero points and zero segments from them, so this is probably not the issue.
I don't know the details. I just copied the text from the FAQ on the LTG site.
Old Mar 9, 19, 5:18 am

I think I read somewhere in this thread that basis points from credit cards don't count towards lifetime status. Could this be the problem here?
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:22 am

I think I read somewhere in this thread that basis points from credit cards don't count towards lifetime status. Could this be the problem here?
I would sincerely hope so!
But the ability to earn basis points from credit cards is only a recent development, is it not? (I could be wrong)
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:56 am

Programs: *G
Looking at the counter for the last and this year, the status points from the SAS EuroBonus MasterCard Premium have been included towards LTG.
Old Mar 9, 19, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK View Post
I would sincerely hope so!
But the ability to earn basis points from credit cards is only a recent development, is it not? (I could be wrong)
I don't know with other countries, but in DK you don't earn basic point with the credit card. You earn extra points, and if you have a master card premium, you get 1000 status point every month you are using the mastercard. The status points count towards LTG just as basic points.
Old Mar 9, 19, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
I don't know with other countries, but in DK you don't earn basic point with the credit card. You earn extra points, and if you have a master card premium, you get 1000 status point every month you are using the mastercard. The status points count towards LTG just as basic points.
I think what I saw was this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30527690-post103.html

The user who wrote that specifically wrote "basic points" so I assumed that no credit card points would count towards LTG. Of course extra points earned from credit cards won't count.
Old Mar 9, 19, 12:40 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha View Post
OP might have a point with the lower Norwegian threshold, as OP seems to have 10-11 years (app. the years 2006-2016).

I am sure, that the gold threshold was different, depending on where members had their official address. AFAIR Norway had a lower limit, but I donít remember the limits.

From my old statements I can see, that the limit was lowered from 60.000 to 55.000 points for Danish members around new year 2004/2005.

If some of our Norwegian friends can find a printed point statement from that era, it might helpÖ
According to my LTG page the requirement for points/flights for Norwegian members was (my membership year is August - July):
2002-2003: 100.000/50
2003-2004: 70.000/50
2004-2005: 60.000/50
2005-2006: 45.000/50
2006-2007: 45.000/25
2007-2014: 45.000/35
2014-2018: 45.000/45

Search this Thread
Search Engine: