Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS, CPH and the lockout

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Instead of HAM-MAN I would look at MMX/AGH-MAN.
Originating in AAR, I would think HAM is slightly easier to get to than Malmö or Helsingborg....
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:11 am

Oh, right.... was thinking CPH region
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That would work But does Helsingborg have much of international traffic? Or domestic for that matter.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
E
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That would work But does Helsingborg have much of international traffic? Or domestic for that matter.
The drive from Helsingborg to MMX and CPH is around an hour or even a bit more. And that’s assuming I don’t get stuck in traffic. So there is a bit of a market for Angelholm/Helsingborg but it’s not a whole lot.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:54 am

I use AGH most of the time and connect through ARN nowadays, saves me more than an hour driving compared to CPH, no bridge toll and parking is much cheaper. AGH has 4 flights to ARN (6:45, 9:40, 16:20 and 19:35), and 4 back (8:05, 14:40, 18:05, 21:35). In addition there are like the same number of flights with Bra. For all flights to places where ARN has a direct connection it is a good option. The flights are usually quite full, so it seems a lot of people like that option as well.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The strikes has been postponed for another two weeks So earliest start is now 8th of May for the strikes and 12th of May for the lockout
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Easy now.
Traffic controllers. Max 100 out of 650 traffic controllers can be affectef = relative minimal effect. E.g. flyovers can be handled by Eurocontrol
Navair in CPH controls the entire DK airspace, the CPH FIR cannot be handed to anyone else. About 60 controllers handle the airspace at any given time.

Naviair - The Danish airspace
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Yeah the whole starting in Aarhus thing can't be avoided. I live here. Trying to get to Malmø would be an adventure... granted, the Kombardo Express would get me to Copenhagen central then grab a car or bus service over. But it would be just as easy for me to catch a ride to Hamburg or even to Flensburg then a train. Buuuuuuut....

The strikes has been postponed for another two weeks So earliest start is now 8th of May for the strikes and 12th of May for the lockout
Had the biggest sigh of relief. Now l get to see what's up with strikes on the other end. Been juggling the university strikes in England. They've been called off but my university wants to keep them going on their own. Oi.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Just a small correction: strike from May 6th, lockout from May 12th. There was a mistake in the original press release (https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/skri...rsel-til-6-maj).

It appears that I will luckily escape all the trouble. They negotiated themselves into a period of about 10 days when I don't need to travel really. Of course, this delay can be canceled any moment if things go wrong. But the speeding up of the strike/lockout is unlikely.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
Just a small correction: strike from May 6th, lockout from May 12th. There was a mistake in the original press release (https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/skri...rsel-til-6-maj).

It appears that I will luckily escape all the trouble. They negotiated themselves into a period of about 10 days when I don't need to travel really. Of course, this delay can be canceled any moment if things go wrong. But the speeding up of the strike/lockout is unlikely.
My return flight might be changed (due to other circumstances) but I'm in no rush for getting back... so... meh. The stress is off for me at least. Though I'm sure as it keeps rolling around other people will get stressed out.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AStarr
My return flight might be changed (due to other circumstances) but I'm in no rush for getting back... so... meh. The stress is off for me at least. Though I'm sure as it keeps rolling around other people will get stressed out.
There is no more rolling, either they agree by these deadlines, or we are in for industrial action. There are no more options for delaying
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:40 am

There is no more rolling, either they agree by these deadlines, or we are in for industrial action. There are no more options for delaying
Finally some sort of version of certainty. The past 18 months has taught me a lot about travel... and the value of flexible bookings.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AStarr
Finally some sort of version of certainty. The past 18 months has taught me a lot about travel... and the value of flexible bookings.
There is any other kind booking???
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:56 pm

Municpal Deal Reached

http://cphpost.dk/news/industrial-action-breakthrough-as-agreement-is-struck-for-half-a-million-municipal-employees.html

Settlement at the municipal level.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Add to that, all the employees at regional level, has now also reached an agreement. That only leaves the state/national level to agree. Which I expect we will see pretty soon now that the two other areas are agreed.

That being said, the areas that could potentially affect flights, all fall in to this last group. So while there is light at the end of the tunnel, there is still a chance, albeit very slight, that it is a train coming in the other direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.