Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS, CPH and the lockout

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:09 am

Thanks for the info! One more reason to avoid CPH - which I managed quite well using AGH or MMX for the last couple of months
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: EBG, LCAH Gold, HH Gold, IHG RC GE
An article from Ritzau hypothesizing the closing of flights to CPH if meteorologists strike:
Konflikt kan ramme flytrafikken i Danmark

Not saying it will happen, as I’ve no idea of the precedent here; but perhaps worth consideration.

Last edited by gentoo; Mar 22, 2018 at 2:54 am Reason: Update link to be clickable
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gentoo
An article from Ritzau hypothesizing the closing of flights to CPH if meteorologists strike:

Not saying it will happen, as I’ve no idea of the precedent here; but perhaps worth consideration.
That is an interesting one.....
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gentoo

There's no way they can switch sources to someone else? You'd think they'd have something planned for this... not sure about the air traffic controllers too...

What a mess
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Marc Liljeqvist
With the danish government having threatened to do a lockout from the 10th of April, how will that affect people flying to and from CPH with SAS? The danish news are of course more focused on how it will effect the health care system and public transportation.
So I am wondering if there is someone with more insight than me, who knows what we as flyers should expect.
Yes, ATC will be affected by the April 4 strike and April 10 lockout, as will the people who provide weather reports to the airlines. Icelandair us taking a wait and see approach, and is not allowing itinerary changes free of charge. The words "historic" and "unprecedented" are being used. The rail service will be shut down, too.

Look up if-industrial-action-goes-ahead-air-traffic-may-be-grounded-as-well.

Last edited by Gigi2018; Mar 23, 2018 at 5:09 pm Reason: Added ingo
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is an interesting one.....
Do not that the article come from a very union biased (and owned) news site - they have a very real interest in stirring up fear, doubt and uncertainty. Lets see. Personally I do not change or alter travel plans - and expect very little impact.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer

Do not that the article come from a very union biased (and owned) news site - they have a very real interest in stirring up fear, doubt and uncertainty. Lets see. Personally I do not change or alter travel plans - and expect very little impact.
I don't know what the political leanings of the website are. It was just an angle that I had not thought of in terms of groups where the strike and lock out could have influence on air travel.

I don't have any travel plans that can be affected, I connect through Copenhagen the 2nd, and then not again until it is over for sure. Would I rebook anything now if I had other plans? No, I would wait until I knew the need.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have travel plans in and out of CPH entire April. But I am not doing anything. What can I do? I can't reorganize the entire month. When the .... hits the fan, I will deal with it.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
I have travel plans in and out of CPH entire April. But I am not doing anything. What can I do? I can't reorganize the entire month. When the .... hits the fan, I will deal with it.
Agreed. Wait and see.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:18 am

Little news in English about the strike. Bus companies are getting ready.

thelocal.dk/20180328/denmark-sweden-strike-and-lockout-could-cause-jams-for-resund-commuters

Last edited by Gigi2018; Mar 28, 2018 at 10:21 am Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The negotiations seems to be heading in the right direction, so it is very unlikely not to be pushed at least a week.

And my guess we will not see any major strike or lockout based on current news flow. The disagreements are too small by now to shot down the country But let's see.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:20 am

Thank you. It's very hard to get news. I have been concerned on two counts, bith pointing to a worker shortage in Drnmark, thus strengthening the postion of the unions:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...rk-denmark-eu?

CMP=share_btn_licphpost.dk/news/danish-news-in-brief-eastern-europeans-urged-to-return-home-from-denmark.html

Fingers crossed that a strike will be averted.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:01 pm

I am not sure the signals are so strong. I think the signals in municipality negotiations are promising. But the signals from the region level are not particularly positive. I have not read a word about the state level negotiations. We can only hope that no news is good news. Probably quiet negotiations are less likely to end up in conflicts, than negotiations via media.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:00 pm

The strike and lockout have just been postponed by 2 weeks. So no trouble next week for sure.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The strikes and lockout has been pushed 2 weeks by the arbitration.

Earliest possible strike action is 22nd of April, and earliest effect of the lockout is 28th of April

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.