FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Confirmed - Possibility to book Singapore Airlines First Class with EuroBonus points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1896209-confirmed-possibility-book-singapore-airlines-first-class-eurobonus-points.html)

herro Feb 28, 2018 8:05 am

Confirmed - Possibility to book Singapore Airlines First Class with EuroBonus points

This morning it was confirmed by several that it is now possible to use your EuroBonus points to book Singapore Airlines First Class and Business Class.

It is for now just out of CPH that this is possible but it should also be possible on other routes which is served by a B777. It is not a part of the new agreement between SAS and Singapore Airlines that the Suites on A380's can be booked.

So routes are:

CPH-SIN
LHR-SIN
MUC-SIN

You have to call SAS to get it booked.

More info is here.

AHO Feb 28, 2018 8:12 am

According to other Scandinavian forum, it's valid only on Singapore-Copenhagen v.v. at moment.
No one has reported that one could book First class award on Boeing 777-300ER other than on Singapore-Copenhagen v.v.

herro Feb 28, 2018 8:37 am

Originally Posted by AHO (Post 29468818)
According to other Scandinavian forum, it's valid only on Singapore-Copenhagen v.v. at moment.
No one has reported that one could book First class award on Boeing 777-300ER other than on Singapore-Copenhagen v.v.

Correct - but according to sources I have talked to it will be more routes soon. This is still not official announced by SAS so we most likely only see the first part of it now.

herro Feb 28, 2018 9:52 am

Originally Posted by herro (Post 29468912)
Correct - but according to sources I have talked to it will be more routes soon. This is still not official announced by SAS so we most likely only see the first part of it now.

I have just received information from SAS that they confirm it is the fact that it will cover more routes and not only CPH.

CPH-Flyer Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am

Originally Posted by herro (Post 29469242)
I have just received information from SAS that they confirm it is the fact that it will cover more routes and not only CPH.

I hope those of us with Asian location can use the wider selection of possible routes.....

herro Mar 4, 2018 2:39 am

I just got this quote from Allan Hoffery, Sales and Communication Manager Nordic from Singapore Airlines:

As a response to the increased number of requests from our travellers on the routes between both Copenhagen and Stockholm and Singapore, we are pleased to announce that members from EuroBonus, our Joint Venture partner SAS’ FFP program, will have the opportunity to redeem on First Class service on Copenhagen– Singapore vv as well as Business and Economy class services on Copenhagen and Stockholm – Singapore vv. Since the start early this week we have seen a high demand for our First Class seats from Copenhagen as well as an increased interest in Business Class seats from Copenhagen and Stockholm

RedChili Sep 21, 2018 11:00 pm

What's the latest news on this front? Does anybody have any recent experience booking premium seats on SQ long-haul? I'm especially thinking about getting C seats on FRA-JFK.

highupinthesky Sep 22, 2018 8:33 am

I'm flying to Australia in a months time, and tried to get tickets CPH-SIN-SYD. Didn't succeed, due to no Award seats available. Looks like SG only releases award seats 1-2 week prior to takeoff like LH. :td:

AviationAddict Sep 25, 2018 10:14 am

May I know how do I check availability if I would want to redeem? Do I have to call and check date by date?

highupinthesky Sep 25, 2018 12:02 pm

You can either call SK, or create a profile at expertflyer.com. The SK TA will normally be able to do a wide search if you ask them polite.

ung1 Aug 12, 2019 12:15 pm

I see SQ can be booked in Y and C online on SAS (was offline for a while). Does anyone know where you can check F availability? I logged into my SQ account and what SAS had available was not the same as SQ Saver rewards. Any ideas - before I call SAS? Thanks.

fassy Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 31408179)
I see SQ can be booked in Y and C online on SAS (was offline for a while). Does anyone know where you can check F availability? I logged into my SQ account and what SAS had available was not the same as SQ Saver rewards. Any ideas - before I call SAS? Thanks.

Need to call, no other option. SQ only releases selected inventory to SAS EuroBonus, so availability on other programs won't help.

w0r1dtrave1er Aug 13, 2019 12:08 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 31408235)
SQ only releases selected inventory to SAS EuroBonus, so availability on other programs won't help.

wow! So just call and ask about random dates? Is there anyway to check the availability online before the call? Any help from EF or similar?

CPH-Flyer Aug 13, 2019 1:39 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 31408235)
Need to call, no other option. SQ only releases selected inventory to SAS EuroBonus, so availability on other programs won't help.

If there is no definition of at least what destinations are possible, finding the needle in the haystack just became surprisingly easy.

Above you seemed to indicate that it was for 77W routes in general. Did you get that confirmed, or more specified than that?

fassy Aug 13, 2019 3:09 am

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er (Post 31410085)
wow! So just call and ask about random dates? Is there anyway to check the availability online before the call? Any help from EF or similar?

Yes, call and ask. Depending on the agent on the line they might be willing to search for you or it might be they only look up the date you give them. Really depends on how willing the agent is. Usually I book LH or Thai F via EuroBonus and so far the agents were nice enough to work with me. Universal Flyertalk rules apply: YMMV & HUCA :D

EF won't help, neither will United.com or SQs own website. I guess that's what they figured out when planing for the program: It is virtual impossible to plan and book a trip on the dates the EB customer wants and therefore only a very small number of F suites will be booked via EuroBonus, so no (financial) damage done but a great marketing message released.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31410242)
If there is no definition of at least what destinations are possible, finding the needle in the haystack just became surprisingly easy.

Above you seemed to indicate that it was for 77W routes in general. Did you get that confirmed, or more specified than that?

I was told it is only possible to book CPH-SIN in SQ F, more routes may or may not be release in the future. Actually, didn't bother too much looking into it as SIN is usually not on my map. If I need to go to Asia I usually go through HKG, BKK or directly to TYO which is served well enough by LH, Thai or CX.