Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Confirmed - Possibility to book Singapore Airlines First Class with EuroBonus points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed - Possibility to book Singapore Airlines First Class with EuroBonus points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, call and ask. Depending on the agent on the line they might be willing to search for you or it might be they only look up the date you give them. Really depends on how willing the agent is. Usually I book LH or Thai F via EuroBonus and so far the agents were nice enough to work with me. Universal Flyertalk rules apply: YMMV & HUCA

EF won't help, neither will United.com or SQs own website. I guess that's what they figured out when planing for the program: It is virtual impossible to plan and book a trip on the dates the EB customer wants and therefore only a very small number of F suites will be booked via EuroBonus, so no (financial) damage done but a great marketing message released.

I was told it is only possible to book CPH-SIN in SQ F, more routes may or may not be release in the future. Actually, didn't bother too much looking into it as SIN is usually not on my map. If I need to go to Asia I usually go through HKG, BKK or directly to TYO which is served well enough by LH, Thai or CX.
Sorry I was attributing a piece of information up thread to you, when it actually came from someone else. But if it is only the CPH SIN route it has little to no use for me.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:23 am

Isn't CPH-SIN switching to the A359 soon?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
Isn't CPH-SIN switching to the A359 soon?
Which would make the arrangement even more useless. I think it was just a marketing initiative without any real intention to really offer it. Same for all other F products which they deliberately left our of the new *A booking engine.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: More than one
Which would make the arrangement even more useless. I think it was just a marketing initiative without any real intention to really offer it. Same for all other F products which they deliberately left our of the new *A booking engine.
I don't think it's deliberately left out. I think it's more down to the fact that the SK online tools don't support F at all. Despite F being available when booking CPH-SIN directly on the SQ website, you can't book it using the SK website. The same goes for any other routes where SK have code share with airlines who offers F on the same routes.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:32 am

Which is also a company decision. Somebody responsible for the booking system decided not to include F. Since it can be booked via the call center, it is not a problem of the system itself but just a limitation for the user exposed interface. I don’t care if they just didn’t think about it or if there was a plan to discourages people to book F via EuroBonus as obviously that is quite expensive for SK.

SK has one of the worst booking engines of all airlines I regularly use. That is a fact.

even the corporate booking tool is horrible and the pricing of itineraries which are just deviating a tiny bit from what SK seems to judge as „normal“ are absurd.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:06 am

There are so many issues with the SK online tools and websites that I'm pretty sure it's a question of priority and funding. From time to time I still end up at the old tool with the old layout, which IMHO still works better than the new one.

The latest update they did on the info part is a big step forward IMHO. But there is still plenty room for improvement and everything is developed and maintained by a subcontractor. The contract was recently renewed as far as I know and one of the changes, according to my sources, was more focus on development and less on cost saving. So hopefully we will see improvements
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
There are so many issues with the SK online tools and websites that I'm pretty sure it's a question of priority and funding. From time to time I still end up at the old tool with the old layout, which IMHO still works better than the new one.

The latest update they did on the info part is a big step forward IMHO. But there is still plenty room for improvement and everything is developed and maintained by a subcontractor. The contract was recently renewed as far as I know and one of the changes, according to my sources, was more focus on development and less on cost saving. So hopefully we will see improvements
Improvement as regards SQ is the fact that until recently it was not bookable online but now it is - so they managed to fix something. I guess I will have to call and find out if F is available, and otherwise just book online in C.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:13 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I was told it is only possible to book CPH-SIN in SQ F, more routes may or may not be release in the future.
Let's hope this is rather sooner than later. This could be a great incentive to credit more to Eurobonus.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:44 am

Just called SK and no dice. No F available, let alone SQ, on the route I wanted. Now I need to decide which SQ aircraft I want to be on in C class.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ung1
Just called SK and no dice. No F available, let alone SQ, on the route I wanted. Now I need to decide which SQ aircraft I want to be on in C class.
When are you flying? As far as I remember SQ is one of the airlines which don't releases F seats for award or upgrade until 2 weeks prior to the flight.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
When are you flying? As far as I remember SQ is one of the airlines which don't releases F seats for award or upgrade until 2 weeks prior to the flight.
Aha! The trip is at the very end of December, so that would explain it as well. SQ only has waitlist saver awards for their own members, and this is of course a very busy period, so I don't have high hopes. But thanks for the pointer, I will check again mid December to see if anything has changed in terms of availability.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ung1
Aha! The trip is at the very end of December, so that would explain it as well.
At the end of December means Christmas and New Year. That's the busiest period of the year for most airlines. I think you can forget about premium seats with SQ at that time. You're lucky if you can grab an economy award seat with Air India during that period.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
At the end of December means Christmas and New Year. That's the busiest period of the year for most airlines. I think you can forget about premium seats with SQ at that time. You're lucky if you can grab an economy award seat with Air India during that period.
Yeah, that is a busy period of course, although between the two tends to be a little bit quieter as most people travel across the two holidays. Especially for Australians where it is the middle of summer holidays. It was no problem getting SQ in C but I don't have high hopes for scoring F seats two weeks out.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: SK*D
Sorry to reopen this old thread, but what are the odds of being able to book a SQ J fare within Asia in Jan? Is it possible at all or will I have to suck it up and take the options that shows up on EB search? I'm planning to go from DEL to HND and the option that I'm getting a LH itinerary DEL-FRA-HND (which is quite ridiculous) or a 2 stop airport changing itinerary via BKK and TPE/TSA.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by RanChin
Sorry to reopen this old thread, but what are the odds of being able to book a SQ J fare within Asia in Jan? Is it possible at all or will I have to suck it up and take the options that shows up on EB search? I'm planning to go from DEL to HND and the option that I'm getting a LH itinerary DEL-FRA-HND (which is quite ridiculous) or a 2 stop airport changing itinerary via BKK and TPE/TSA.
I think the odds are fairly high that the results you get are accurate. Given that your travel excludes the US, I would cross check with United’s search engine.
It is easy enough to check specifically for flights through Singapore if you just search for one way tickets from DEL-SIN and so forth.
As SQ also flies to NRT, I wonder if that is also an option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.