Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Likelihood / possibility for upgrade CPH / EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Hi,
My wife (EBG) and I (EBD) are travelling CPH to EWR in April on economy class.
We have app 300k EB points, but it seems there is no chance for a guaranteed upgrade to business class.

What is the easiest way to get an upgrade?
- Is it likely that we will get a complimentary upgrade?
- If we bid according to the tender system, how many points should I expect to bid?
- Other ways?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by jrytter
Hi,
My wife (EBG) and I (EBD) are travelling CPH to EWR in April on economy class.
We have app 300k EB points, but it seems there is no chance for a guaranteed upgrade to business class.

What is the easiest way to get an upgrade?​
- Is it likely that we will get a complimentary upgrade?
- If we bid according to the tender system, how many points should I expect to bid?
- Other ways?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Just bid very high/a lot of EB poins using Plusgrade. Chance is pretty good to get the upgrade then, Go to C should be safe at 50k to 55k points.... I think a few days before departure you can even buy a confirmed upgrade (but will be very expensive). Anyway, if they reject a very good offer the business cabin is either sold out or the flight is very light loaded. Nothing you can do about the first issue, but for the latter you can for sure upgrade at check-in using EB points.

As EBD you might get a courtesy upgrade for both of you, but that would be just one cabin class up to Plus.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:59 pm

Flying from LAX to ARN on August 26th booked in SAS Plus. I placed a bid for $450 USD to upgrade to Business. Currently, it appears that there are 10 available spots. Anyone have ideas on what my odds would be for an upgrade? No status with SAS but I have Star Alliance Gold with Turkish.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
Flying from LAX to ARN on August 26th booked in SAS Plus. I placed a bid for $450 USD to upgrade to Business. Currently, it appears that there are 10 available spots. Anyone have ideas on what my odds would be for an upgrade? No status with SAS but I have Star Alliance Gold with Turkish.
In the summer time there tends to be a better chance on LH flights than during the rest of the year. Also note that if your Plusgrade bid wasn't accepted and there is still space available you can still buy an upgrade at the check-in desk or even at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.