Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Retro claim after 7 days. Or not…

Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD

According to SK website (news uploaded 2018-01-19): ‘Requests for missing airline points can now be submitted 7 days after all travel (used to be 14 days), effective from January 22, 2018.’

Nice. But guess what? It doesn’t work! Big surprise…

Just tried a SK-flight flown 8 days ago (28. January). Response from system: ‘En flyrejse kan tidligst registreres to (2) uger efter gennemfřrt flyvning.’ In English: Two (2) weeks.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Given the experience we all have with SK IT this can hardly be a surprise? Rewarding incompetency is key to SK's strategy.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
+1...with a caveat. The online system has worked rather well considering that we needed to mail in boarding passes not too long ago. Remember the days when it look months to retro-claim a flight (or get a response from customer service)? I don't want to excuse SAS IT for not being able to handle their own promises, but let's keep in mind that an immediate retro-claim after 14 days is light years ahead of where we were.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by livious
+1...with a caveat. The online system has worked rather well considering that we needed to mail in boarding passes not too long ago. Remember the days when it look months to retro-claim a flight (or get a response from customer service)? I don't want to excuse SAS IT for not being able to handle their own promises, but let's keep in mind that an immediate retro-claim after 14 days is light years ahead of where we were.

this post brought back memories, I remember sending emails with BP to somewhere in Bangkok if I dont misremember

Lately only had one flight that did not post and that retroclaim went fairly well, while it was annoying to wait 14 days even when it was due to a reroute but when it finally was done it was quite painless 👍
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Yep, Bangkok it was. The place where retro-claim hopes went to slowly die. You could wait for months, then incorrectly be denied points as the staff was clueless and then have to start all over again. I had one instance where the 6 month retro-claim period had expired because they never handled it in time (although I may have waited 2-3 months before sending the boarding pass). Thank goodness those days are seemingly behind us!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by kauppias
this post brought back memories, I remember sending emails with BP to somewhere in Bangkok if I dont misremember
An before the Bangkok-days it was a real letter sent to Sveg At least SAS lounges at that time accepted letters to be mailed without stamps.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
An before the Bangkok-days it was a real letter sent to Sveg At least SAS lounges at that time accepted letters to be mailed without stamps.
Must have been before my Time
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems they have implemented a version of their own to tie into the *A system that shares the data. Alas it doesn't work for me either with the same error message. Curious to see that it even lists EY as a online retrocredit partner...!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: LH M+M
Curious.. second time this happened:
booked LX flights, with EB# attached from the very beginning (no change at check-in/gate or so) and the miles wont be credited automatically (waited 12 days).
Using the retrocredit form (and yes, thanks, no BP scanning) produced "system errors", but after reloading the mileage overview, the miles are there!

So what's this - do I have to "prepare" to always use retrocredit? Since the data is obivously there/available, why not credit within some days (or right after boarding..)?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Curious.. second time this happened:
booked LX flights, with EB# attached from the very beginning (no change at check-in/gate or so) and the miles wont be credited automatically (waited 12 days).
Using the retrocredit form (and yes, thanks, no BP scanning) produced "system errors", but after reloading the mileage overview, the miles are there!

So what's this - do I have to "prepare" to always use retrocredit? Since the data is obivously there/available, why not credit within some days (or right after boarding..)?
Never have issues with LX flights getting credited. What does the boarding pass say? Does it show your status?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:48 am

No status (*S right now) mentioned, one trip had the EB# though - the other didn't. Hmmm. Let's see next time.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:51 am

Did you enter the data in full including the EBB/EBS/EBG/EBD prefix or just the number? I usually enter the full number including the 3 letter code for status.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:53 am

Just the number.. wasn't aware of these prefixes, will try that next time, thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.