Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus Ticket: Valid if "no points were found"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

a few weeks ago there was a points bargain for some destinations, and when I checked for flights from Copenhagen to Faroe Islands they were marked with a cost of "0 points" (for both SAS Go and SAS Plus). I was sceptical that this is correct and assumed SAS IT to be the issue, so that after booking it would still charge me the normal number of points. However, I thought I'll give it a try and booked with a friend's account that doesn't have any Eurobonus points that could be taken away, and indeed, after booking (and paying the taxes part) suddenly the costs in points was listed as 40000, but I received a booking confirmation and the booking is still listed as confirmed, but when I open the booking on the SAS page, I get a message on the top that the points used for the booking cannot be found and that I should try again later. Obviously, those points won't be found because the account I used for booking has none.

My question now is: Any chance that these tickets are actually able to be used? Don't get me wrong, I don't expect or even demand that they should. I just want to know if anybody has any experiences with such a situation, so that I don't cancel super cheap tickets that I could have actually used

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood platinum, Hertz PC
You’ve answered your own question.

Once the glitch is found by anyone anywhere, the game is over.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:55 am

Na, it's a glitch by SAS. You probably won't get as far as web check in. And if you try and use the tickets they might have you arrested for fraud! I wouldn't do it.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They probably would not go as far as arresting anyone for fraud, But they will collect relevant fare or off load you.

Not quite the same situation, but I once bought a ticket a couple of hours before departure, and it was not ticketed before I reached the airport. After the self service kiosk would not print a boarding pass, the manned check in struggled a bit until she got it printed. Later as I was happily in my seat the gate agent came and asked for a signature on a credit card charge as the transaction had failed. Very calm and collected.

I am sure if you went to the airport, somewhere you'd be asked to sign a credit card slip for the flight. But you'd probably get the last minute fare....
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the ticket is issued you will be able to fly, but there is no guarantee that the ticket is still valid on the day of travelling (it may be cancelled if/when somebody finds out) - or you will be met by a request to either pay in cash or with points.

Good luck! - I think you will need it to travel on this ticket for free.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. I wasn't counting on the tickets anyway, but I just thought I'll ask before I cancel them just to read shortly after that that has happened already a few times and it worked.
However, I guess that besides either just cancelling the ticket or letting me sign a credit card slip, the other alternative would be that they ask me for just paying the points that they normally charge with a different account (as mentioned by SK AAR). I wouldn't be surprised if that was done only before the return trip as well, so I can't just say "no"

SAS IT and all its glitches are quite concerning, somethings I think I should use my points as fast as possible before something happens and they're gone ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.