Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Great AVIS offer: rent 3 days 10.000 points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great AVIS offer: rent 3 days 10.000 points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by larsbutzmann
How long did it take until your miles posted?

My 3-day rental finished on Jan 21st and I haven't seen any miles posting yet.
Be patient. It usually takes 2-3 weeks before the points post. If you made the reservation on the Avis/Eurobonus webpage as stated above, rest assured that the points will appear at some stage.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
How long did it take until your miles posted?
My 3-day rental finished on Jan 21st and I haven't seen any miles posting yet.
For the same rental date the points posted this moment into my account.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Originally Posted by denkigroove
For the same rental date the points posted this moment into my account.
They posted for me as well today. I should have been more patient

I am glad I have 5 more booking for the rest of the year. I was first skeptical and typical post my rental miles to Flying Blue, but 10k is a way better return.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: EB Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Most likely not.
I suggest you get in contact with your rental office to make sure they will keep all the campaign codes and bonus number. The safest is to take out the car without any changes and deliver it one day early.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
When this offer became available on January 2 I canceled a previously booked four-day rental and re-booked in accordance with all of the rules (paying an extra €40 in the process) to get the additional points. Despite my having taken the trouble to do that, I was only awarded 1500 points instead of the 10000 points that were due according to the terms of the agreement.

I talked to both Eurobonus Gold service and the Avis Support Desk this morning to get it resolved. Avis told me that it could take a couple of weeks before the miles get credited, and if I don't see a correction within three weeks that I should call back.

I've got a one-day rental scheduled for tonight/tomorrow, which should be worth 5000 points. Fingers crossed...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Daner
When this offer became available on January 2 I canceled a previously booked four-day rental and re-booked in accordance with all of the rules (paying an extra €40 in the process) to get the additional points. Despite my having taken the trouble to do that, I was only awarded 1500 points instead of the 10000 points that were due according to the terms of the agreement.

I talked to both Eurobonus Gold service and the Avis Support Desk this morning to get it resolved. Avis told me that it could take a couple of weeks before the miles get credited, and if I don't see a correction within three weeks that I should call back.

I've got a one-day rental scheduled for tonight/tomorrow, which should be worth 5000 points. Fingers crossed...
I am glad the support team was able to help
Are you using the 2-day 5000 points promotion for the one-day rental (I assume 25h>) or did you find a different offer?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:39 pm

Has anyone tried to book on Avis.com (using the AWD code) or a similar site directly instead of using avisworld.com/EuroBonus?

I am having trouble making and it looks like a big in the system. I select "Pay Later", but on the last screen, it shows "Pay Now" and gives me an error after I submit the booking.
I also can't book last minute rentals in the US which is due to a time zone bug, I assume. The system thinks I am trying to make a booking in the past.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I also only received 1.500 points from last weekend's rental!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
AVIS has great offers but they are just too unreliable in crediting the points that I end up booking elswhere 90% of the time
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I've got the feeling that it only depends if you're lucky or not. I've now finished three rentals und received 2x10k points and 1x1000 points - all booked with the same booking channel at the same station and pickup/dropoff same time.
I've avoided upsell or other changes to the reservation.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove
I've got the feeling that it only depends if you're lucky or not. I've now finished three rentals und received 2x10k points and 1x1000 points - all booked with the same booking channel at the same station and pickup/dropoff same time.
I've avoided upsell or other changes to the reservation.
I have had 6 rentals since the promotion and have received the correct amount of miles except for the first rental on January 6th (at the start of the promotion period) where I only received 1,000 miles. It's like pulling teeth trying to get the additional 9,000 miles. I have sent several emails to both Avis and Eurobonus and keep getting generic responses with no admission that there is a problem or if the additional miles will be posted. They both tell me it's the other party's responsibility and I should contact them. So I'm stuck in the middle having to fight for my legally promised miles.
Btw, I had made changes to a couple of the reservations and still received the 10,000 miles. So I guess it hinges on when you made the original reservation.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
I guess it won't be 5000 points, as I only had it for 23 hours, not 2 days. Good thing I was only renting it because I really needed it, and not strictly for the points!

I am glad the support team was able to help
Are you using the 2-day 5000 points promotion for the one-day rental (I assume 25h>) or did you find a different offer?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:09 pm

I am not able to book "Pay Later" reservations on avisworld.com/EuroBonus anymore. It switches back to "Pay Now" before completing the reservation.
Can someone test if they have the same issue? I tried different combinations (different rental countries, time ranges and car classes).

First Screen with "Pay Later" selected

Second Screen which switched to "Pay Now"
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
@larsbutzmann: This is a problem if you select English as your language. I had exactly the same problem yesterday. Then someone asked me to change language to Norwegian. I did, and it switched to "Pay later" immediately (still the same rate).
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by runarbg
@larsbutzmann: This is a problem if you select English as your language. I had exactly the same problem yesterday. Then someone asked me to change language to Norwegian. I did, and it switched to "Pay later" immediately (still the same rate).
Awesome! Thanks for the hint. I will test it right away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.